Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in! Here I go...

SW: 181 (January 09)
    1/8/10: 160
    1/15/10: 155 :bigsmile:

Yay! I was sooo good this week! I ate my veggies, drank my water, exercised everyday (last night twice :tongue: ), didn't eat the crap that called to me and it was soooo worth it. What a pay off- 5lbs!

I just remembered that 1/8 was my time of the mth, so I might have been holding in water :ohwell: but WHATEVER! I am a happy girl today. If I can only stay on track this weekend.

Good luck with your weigh-in ladies! :flowerforyou:

That is awesome, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    01/01/10 222
    01/8/10 214.6
    01/15/10 216.6

What the heck... I gained 2 pounds. I am soooo frustrated. Could I have eaten too much sodium last night? 2 pounds worth??? Ahhhhhhhhhh I am sooooooo mad. Or maybe last weeks weigh in was a fluke coz I lost 7 pounds. I dont know. All I know it I need not to be discouraged. I need to keep at it. I did cheat this morning and ate a lot coz I was frustrated, but I am back now and will be on track.....

Congrats to all for losing.

If it was too much sodium get extra water. Sodium makes your body retain water and even though this sounds like the wrong thing to do, drink more water because that helps flush the sodium and extra water out of your system. Don't get frustrated this is only one week in the whole scheme of things!:flowerforyou:

I agree, don't kick yourself for this one not so good weigh in. We all have them. Even if you did eat too much in the morning, it sounds like you did the right thing and started eating better after that. That is good you saw what you did wrong and fixed it. Just remember to continue to journal your foods and exercise. You can do this, don't give up on yourself, you deserve this. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello ladies I just read all of the posting and I would love to join. So here we go...

SW : 159.0 lb
    GW for June 1: 140
    End goal: 125

The way I plan on achieving my goals:

1-Write down my food and exercise.
    2-Do 2 sculpting workouts and at least 3 cardio per week. (I realy like Jeri Love)
    3-Drink tea instead of eating or drinking bad things.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the group. It looks like you have set some really good goals. You can definitely do this. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful weekend. I workout more on the weekends when time allows. I did make some poor food choices, went out toe at twice and had a few cocktails. So even with my unhealthier menu choices, because of the workouts and the fact that part of our fun was snowmobiling (which burns more calories than when I do an aerobic workout). I never went over my calorie intake. After two full weeks on MFP, I am six pounds lighter than I was!!:happy:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I weighed 164 on 1/9 and weighed in at 159.8 this morning. I've been doing a good job of exercising every day and watching what I eat. I went out for dinner last night and checked the menu online and checked calories before I got to the restaurant. What a concept!!

I'm new to this site, but loving it! For me, tracking calories is making a big difference in making me think twice about what I put in my mouth. Add to that, I think about how long it takes to burn those calories on the treadmill.

Thanks for all of the encouragement and ideas! Good luck to all!

You are doing an awesome job, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone. I managed to avoid the concession stand all weekend at the volleyball tournament - a win for me! I packed my snacks and even added up all the calories in the snacks in my bag to make sure that even if I ate them all, I wouldn't wreck my day. I'm pretty proud of how the weekend went. No time for the gym, but I did walk the dogs for 40 minutes each day. Today I promised I would take my daughter to Panda Express. My vow is - I will sit there and watch her eat it while I enjoy an ice water, then on the way home I will either pick up something healthy like a salad with grilled chicken, or I will wait til we get home and eat the usual healthy stuff. It's not as big of a challenge to do that as it was 3 weeks ago, and for that, I am happy. Thinking of adding in some pushups and stairs today (and every day from now on). We can do this!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I just finished a 30 minutes Biggest Loser cardio workout and level 2 of Extremly Ripped. It feels great to feel sore because I know it's working. So that finishes my weekend oh soo well.

Hope everyone had a good one too!

You are doing a great job, keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    i am in , i am ending my second week with MFP and love it , 1st week went hard and gained 1/2 lb , this week went really hard and watched everything i put in my mouth and made several changes from white to whole wheat bread, and now drinking 1% milk and more water and fruits and veg. i am amazed how 1 week can make you feel so much better!! let's get it going and stay motivated!! Feel free to add me as a friend to motivate each other!!

Glad you found us. It sounds like you are heading in the right directions. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I had a wonderful weekend. I workout more on the weekends when time allows. I did make some poor food choices, went out toe at twice and had a few cocktails. So even with my unhealthier menu choices, because of the workouts and the fact that part of our fun was snowmobiling (which burns more calories than when I do an aerobic workout). I never went over my calorie intake. After two full weeks on MFP, I am six pounds lighter than I was!!:happy:

Wow, 6 pounds, that is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone. I managed to avoid the concession stand all weekend at the volleyball tournament - a win for me! I packed my snacks and even added up all the calories in the snacks in my bag to make sure that even if I ate them all, I wouldn't wreck my day. I'm pretty proud of how the weekend went. No time for the gym, but I did walk the dogs for 40 minutes each day. Today I promised I would take my daughter to Panda Express. My vow is - I will sit there and watch her eat it while I enjoy an ice water, then on the way home I will either pick up something healthy like a salad with grilled chicken, or I will wait til we get home and eat the usual healthy stuff. It's not as big of a challenge to do that as it was 3 weeks ago, and for that, I am happy. Thinking of adding in some pushups and stairs today (and every day from now on). We can do this!

I know how hard that was for you to stay away from the Concession stand. WAY TO GO!!! You are doing great, keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Checking in. I don't really get on the computer too much at home, so I am checking in this morning.

It sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend and was able to stick with your food choices and exercise quite well. You are all doing so awesome.

1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8

3 whole pounds, wow, I am so excited. I have already lost my 5 pounds for this month. I plan on lossing at least 2 more pounds each week for the rest of this month. I am feeling great and loving my new food choices. This week is my last recovery week of P90X and then I will be done with Round 2. I will then take 1 week of any program and let my body recoup before I start Insanity on February 1. I am very excited about Insanity and my new food plan for the next 60 days. I am ready to DIG DEEPER and be in the best shape of my life.

Keep up the great work everyone. Have a most beautiful week. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I don't really get on the computer too much at home, so I am checking in this morning.

It sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend and was able to stick with your food choices and exercise quite well. You are all doing so awesome.

1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8

3 whole pounds, wow, I am so excited. I have already lost my 5 pounds for this month. I plan on lossing at least 2 more pounds each week for the rest of this month. I am feeling great and loving my new food choices. This week is my last recovery week of P90X and then I will be done with Round 2. I will then take 1 week of any program and let my body recoup before I start Insanity on February 1. I am very excited about Insanity and my new food plan for the next 60 days. I am ready to DIG DEEPER and be in the best shape of my life.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Awesome for you! Your ticker says you are only .8 from your goal...or are you changing your goal weight? No matter what you have done great!

I am glad you are in this challenge. You are a great cheerleader! I remember that from the looking good for Christmas challenge!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    WOW! JENNIFER! Congratulations - you are almost there. Less than a pound. Woo hoo! :happy: :happy: :happy: ~ Shivaun

1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8

• mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Mammakisses - I love that feeling of soreness, too. Like the biggest loser workouts - is Extremely Ripped part of those and is it available on In Demand (that's how I access the others)?

Extremly Ripped is one of the DVDs in the Jeri Love collection. You can also see previews of the DVDs if you follow the link.

http://www.jarilove.com/html/fitness-dvds.php
  • mammakisses
    Options

1/2/10 171.0
    1/9/10 168.8
    1/16/10 165.8

Wow great job!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Mammakisses, thank you for the link - the videos look like a lot of fun - I think that I know what my next dvd purchase is going to be!

Hope that everyone is doing well! Had one triumph and one challenge that I didn't meet so well.

CHALLENGE: I sort of blew it a little in the food department today - ended up giving into emotional eating a little during the afternoon, at least it was with healthy food - hummus and rye crisps. It's the emotional eating part that is getting me a little down. But still came in well below my calorie "goal" so I guess that I shouldn't be too hard on myself.

TRIUMPH: I felt like I didn't have the time to exercise today, but decided that if I'm really doing to do this, I need to make it a priority. 80 minutes done! Cardio, weights, stretch. :D
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Mammakisses, thank you for the link - the videos look like a lot of fun - I think that I know what my next dvd purchase is going to be!

Hope that everyone is doing well! Had one triumph and one challenge that I didn't meet so well.

CHALLENGE: I sort of blew it a little in the food department today - ended up giving into emotional eating a little during the afternoon, at least it was with healthy food - hummus and rye crisps. It's the emotional eating part that is getting me a little down. But still came in well below my calorie "goal" so I guess that I shouldn't be too hard on myself.

TRIUMPH: I felt like I didn't have the time to exercise today, but decided that if I'm really doing to do this, I need to make it a priority. 80 minutes done! Cardio, weights, stretch. :D

Great Job! I would say that as long as you are below your cal goal that is two triumphs!:flowerforyou:

My Challenge:
    I finished my daughters tader tots today after dinner, :embarassed: about 5 of them. AND I didn't log them because I couldn't find it in the system. I need to be better, I would rather waste the food then lug it around on my *kitten* but I still eat it anyway! :sad:

My Triumph:
    I felt bad about the evil little potato tots so I did the elliptical for 30 mins. So now I am under my cals again for the day! :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Great Job! I would say that as long as you are below your cal goal that is two triumphs!:flowerforyou:

My Challenge:
    I finished my daughters tader tots today after dinner, :embarassed: about 5 of them. AND I didn't log them because I couldn't find it in the system. I need to be better, I would rather waste the food then lug it around on my *kitten* but I still eat it anyway! :sad:

My Triumph:
    I felt bad about the evil little potato tots so I did the elliptical for 30 mins. So now I am under my cals again for the day! :smile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WAY TO GO! I LOVE THE LINE "I WOULD RATHER WASTE THE FOOD THEN LUG IT ON MY *kitten*....":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great thought!
  • mammakisses
    Options

Your welcome.

I think your did a good job. Eventhough you gave into your emotional eating you still chose a good option. Great job.
  • mammakisses
    Options

My Challenge:

My Triumph:

You did great. We can't be perfect all the time in our food choices but we can always workout the extra calories. Great job!