5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Ready to kick your mental game up a notch.

BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND. TREAT YOURSELF AS YOU WOULD A BELOVED FRIEND. PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMPASSION FOR THEMSELVES ARE BETTER ABLE TO DEAL WITH LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS.

How did you do with the mind games yesterday? I was thinking about the power of the mind last night at 3:30 when I could not sleep. I remember a study I read about practice versus visualizing. It had to do with shooting free-throws. One group practiced and the basketball court actually shooting the balls and another group visualized themselves shooting and making the free-throws. They mentally went through the motions of what they needed to do to make a free-throw. Do you know which group could actually shoot free-throws at a higher percentage? The group that did the mental practice. Do you think about what you need to do to get to your desired self? What will you look like? What will you do? Just some food for thought.

This is a great post. Words to remember on a daily basis. Thanx for sharing. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I can relate to you with the funny meal times because of kids' activities. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we usually eat dinner by 4:00 because my daughter has volleyball later and I want her to eat a good dinner and have time for it to digest. In "the old days", she would have had a snack after school, and then when I picked her up from volleyball we'd pick up fast food. No more!

I feel very motivated today for some reason. I am going to the gym earlier than usual, and I'm looking forward to mixing it up and burning some calories! I feel thinner (maybe just hungry??) and I like it! Just down six pounds, but that's a start. Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to the mall to buy some shoes, and this morning she said "Don't worry Mom, I'm covering up your eyes when we walk by the food court!" Yes, the Cinnabon is my weakness, but today I've already told myself that it is full of nasty fat and too gross to eat! :)

That is great that your family is on board with eating healthier as well. What a great role model you are for them.

6 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. That is awesome. Keep up the great work.

No Cinnabon for you!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    TCASMEY- I hope you are doing better today. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Much better thanks. My husband took the treadmill apart and found a bold that anchors the motor had broken so its an easy fix only problem is that the part is going to take 7-10 days to get here. Luckily the weather is about 50 degrees warmer this week than last. Have a great day!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options

BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND. TREAT YOURSELF AS YOU WOULD A BELOVED FRIEND. PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMPASSION FOR THEMSELVES ARE BETTER ABLE TO DEAL WITH LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS.

How did you do with the mind games yesterday? I was thinking about the power of the mind last night at 3:30 when I could not sleep. I remember a study I read about practice versus visualizing. It had to do with shooting free-throws. One group practiced and the basketball court actually shooting the balls and another group visualized themselves shooting and making the free-throws. They mentally went through the motions of what they needed to do to make a free-throw. Do you know which group could actually shoot free-throws at a higher percentage? The group that did the mental practice. Do you think about what you need to do to get to your desired self? What will you look like? What will you do? Just some food for thought.

I do mentally visualize what I need to do to acheive my desired self. As I march through the days until my anniversary on June 30, I try to imagine what I will be like on Valentine's, Easter, the end of the school year, etc. I see myself practicing disipline (and sometimes falling short). And I see myself in that dress out with my husband. And just for kicks, I try to visulize what I would look like in a whole piece on July 4th which is only 4 days after my anniversary. (Haven't gotten a clear picture on that one though :laugh: ).

Have a great day!

Pam
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Keep up the great work everyone. Remember tomorrow's weigh.....any last chance workours?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Flu shot afternoon. The kids and I are getting the seasonal flu and H1N1 Vaccination this afternoon.:sad: :sad: I am sure I will see lots of tears, Hopefully not from me!
  • stepphers
    Options
    I think ill join too! :) I am aiming for 15 pounds more off. :) And after that, possibly another 10 at a time. :) My lowest/optimu mweight would be 140, but for now im aiming 160. Started loosing weight when at 184, and now 176 :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I love this! Great idea, I am sitting here at work seeing myself in a two piece at the beach this summer! :love:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think ill join too! :) I am aiming for 15 pounds more off. :) And after that, possibly another 10 at a time. :) My lowest/optimu mweight would be 140, but for now im aiming 160. Started loosing weight when at 184, and now 176 :)

You can do it! I started out a year ago at 181, once you get to 160 everyone will start telling you how great you look! Work worth working for.:happy:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Much better thanks. My husband took the treadmill apart and found a bold that anchors the motor had broken so its an easy fix only problem is that the part is going to take 7-10 days to get here. Luckily the weather is about 50 degrees warmer this week than last. Have a great day!

That is great your husband is so handy, but that definitely is a bummer it will take that long to get the part. At least it should be under the warranty for that. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Welcome, glad you are here. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • stepphers
    Options
    Thanks for all the movtivation!! As for Friday weigh in, I am not sure what total Ihave lost this week but I know that On tuesday i was 176, and today I am 172.5 xD. So yeh... Not too sure how I lost so much in that time gap tbh. Its not like I am not eating lool. Hmm. :P But there we go...

176 to 172.5, gives me 3.5lbs for the week :P
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Hi All! I just took Minerva up on her invite to join this group. I think it's a great idea - just weighed in yesterday, had lost 2.5 pounds, but will start weighing in on Friday next week. Started with 54 pounds to lose - am making progress towards my goal. This group seems like a great place to do so!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.4
    January 8 weight 185
    January 15 weight 182

Down 3!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am very happy about this! Hope every one has success also!:smile:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hi All! I just took Minerva up on her invite to join this group. I think it's a great idea - just weighed in yesterday, had lost 2.5 pounds, but will start weighing in on Friday next week. Started with 54 pounds to lose - am making progress towards my goal. This group seems like a great place to do so!

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to making this journey as a group!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    153.9 - 1/1
    152.6 - 1/8
    152.1 - 1/15

A loss of last week of .05. I am determined not to be discouraged. I know I am loosing weight. It is obvious in the clothes I put on for work this morning! :smile:

Hopefully the loss will show up soon on the scale!

I hope everyone has a great weigh in and remember you are wonderful and in control of your life!!

Have a great weekend,

Pam
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 196
    Jan 8 196
    Jan 15 196

Heh, at least I'm consistant with the weight! But honestly, my main problem is consistancy... I'm not consistant with my exercise and I am consistant with allowing myself treats...

I'll look on the bright side that at least I didn't gain...

TCASMEY - Great Job! 3lbs down - woohoo... you go girl!

Pam - Don't get discouraged! .05 down is still down... Plus, your clothes are fitting better; so your measurements are changing. Great Job!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in too... :flowerforyou:

Sherri
  • zeest
    zeest Posts: 1
    Options
    Gosh you guys are so positive!!! I am impressed. I only started using this website on Monday and its brilliant, its amazing how little things count. The group sounds like a good idea too!
    Jan 15 - 181
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    Is it too late to join up? :) I think I could do it. At least it'd be a goal! So proud of everyone.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    01/01/10 206.0
    01/08/10 205.0
    01/15/10 205.0

Those numbers don't even begin to tell how hard this has been. I am down on Fridays and over the weekend wind up making bad choices and am up to 208 on Mondays. BUT not this coming Monday darn it! Working extra hard to maintain this weekend so next Friday I will break the 205 barrier!!!!!:drinker: