5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT eat all your calories, carbs, sugar etc for breakfast! I was having a craving kind of day. Even with exercise credits I went over today. At one time I would have been bummed and this would be the last day of "THE DIET." With the support of this group of friends I have acquired, I know I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and be readyi to ride again tomorrow. Thanks for being there! :flowerforyou:

Pam

Good for you for not giving up on yourself. You are so right to just get back up and keep going. You are doing awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Count me in! That sounds like an attainable goal. How am I going to achieve this goal?
    *Do Couch to 5K three days/week
    *Tuesday yoga class
    *Track calories
    *Water, water, water

Welcome to the group. I did the C25K and it was a great program to get me started. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Motivated today as I got home late from work (yet again) but put on my workout wear and got into one of my fav cardio DVD's. Sweating and typing right now in fact . . . water, water, water . . . another goal to work toward . . . getting those 8 glasses in.

Good for you for pushing play even later in the evening. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    hey....count me in!! i can lose 5lbs a month and hopefully more!! i just had my 1st weigh in and lost 3.5lbs....whooo hooo!! that got me pumped and motivated! this web site has helped alot too, im glad i found it. i wish i would have found it sooner. i was on the slimfast site when i came across it, this is soooooooooo much better!!! when im bored or hungry i come on here so therefore my mind is off of food and its really helping. i definately need friends, support and motivation because i dont have that here at home.

Welcome, I am so glad you found us. This is a great site for motivation and support. 3.5 lbs is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    What an inspiration! I am doing the Couch to 5K program and am only in week 1 - so no 5 K for me right now -- but Im getting there!
    My exercise plans for today are Week 1 Day 3 of C25K, for tomorrow I like to do a at home video (strength reststance training) and Friday I will go to the gym and do Week 2 Day 1 of C25K and an additional 30 minutes on the eliptical.
    Over the weekend I will go to the gym and on Saturday aim for 1 hour of cardio and Sunday aim for Day 2 of C25K and an additional 30 minutes of cardio.
    Amazing - ! Writing what I plan to do seems like a real commitment...i love it!

You definetly have a good plan for the week. Can't wait to hear how you are liking C25K. I also did that and really enjoyed it. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    1/2 an hour ago I stated I was about to do my C25K workout -- I have to get off this site and get to it! Hey, at least Im not eating right?
    Ok, wish me luck - here I go.....and its cold in the garage (where my at home treadmill is)....cant go to the gym today 'cause one of my kids is home sick....ok, Im procrastinating...here I go :ohwell:

Well, I hope you had a good run. I am sure you didn't feel the cold once you got going. :bigsmile:
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have not done Weight Watcher's for 15 years but still pick up their magazine from time to time. In the current issue there are some ideas on how to kick your mental game up a notch. How to tackle the psychological hurdles that get in the way of your winning the weight game priority. I thought I would share an idea a day because I agree this process is as much mental and spiritual as it is physical. Today's thought...

PLAY MIND GAMES. ONE OF THE HALLMARKS OF BEING RESILIENT IS HAVING FLEXIBILITY IN THINKING. SO ASK YOURSELF " WHAT IF I DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I AM INCLINED TO DO?"

Thanks! :flowerforyou: Needed this today... I binge snacked when I got home from work yesterday....ugh!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    I have not done Weight Watcher's for 15 years but still pick up their magazine from time to time. In the current issue there are some ideas on how to kick your mental game up a notch. How to tackle the psychological hurdles that get in the way of your winning the weight game priority. I thought I would share an idea a day because I agree this process is as much mental and spiritual as it is physical. Today's thought...

PLAY MIND GAMES. ONE OF THE HALLMARKS OF BEING RESILIENT IS HAVING FLEXIBILITY IN THINKING. SO ASK YOURSELF " WHAT IF I DID THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I AM INCLINED TO DO?"

Beautiful quote. Today I went to a program at my son's school and ate soup and grilled cheese, not my favorite meal. His lunch was earlier than mine, and when I got back to work it was just in time for my lunch period. We were having spagetti and meatsauce, which IS my favorite meal. Normally I would be INCLINDED to go for the second lunch to indulge in my favorite food, but instead came to the computer lab, where I sit now writing this.

I LOVE mind games!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am in a bad mood right now. I was in the last 10th of a mile running my 5k during nap time when my brand new, less than one week old treadmill started making a bad noise. I turned it off right away abut I am a little mad that something that cost that much is already giving me problems. Now to Nordic Track's Website to see if I can find out any answers.
  • Iffer75
    Options

Beautiful quote. Today I went to a program at my son's school and ate soup and grilled cheese, not my favorite meal. His lunch was earlier than mine, and when I got back to work it was just in time for my lunch period. We were having spagetti and meatsauce, which IS my favorite meal. Normally I would be INCLINDED to go for the second lunch to indulge in my favorite food, but instead came to the computer lab, where I sit now writing this.

I LOVE mind games!!

Good for you for walking away from the temptation. I know how hard that is. I hope your afternoon is a good one. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am in a bad mood right now. I was in the last 10th of a mile running my 5k during nap time when my brand new, less than one week old treadmill started making a bad noise. I turned it off right away abut I am a little mad that something that cost that much is already giving me problems. Now to Nordic Track's Website to see if I can find out any answers.

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope it is nothing serious. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hopefully they can fix it right away.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That is my goal too. my wedding is in 4 months. I would like to be down 20 by then!
    I am with you, but I my wedding is in June so I have five months to hit my goal.......but hey, 25 pounds would eally be even better! Count me in............
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am glad it was towards the end of my workout rather than at the beginning. My husband is usually pretty good at figuring things out and fixing them but I think the warranty includes free 1 year in home service so when I remembered that I was not so mad.

pbenison good for you walking away from spaghetti. I remember back in October on my birthday I had eaten lunch when my husband called from work and said he was bringing home Taco Bell for lunch to surprise me. I did not say not just let him bring it home and I ate the whole thing and was mad at myself for days. Now I would tell him I already ate lunch lets do it tomorrow. I have a weakness for Taco Bell but only indulge every few months.

Welcome to our new comers.

Tonight is Turkey Taco Night at my house. We have switched most our recipes to ground Turkey .I only use ground beef for hamburgers these days.(.I.don't like turkey burgers. ) I make mine taco salad. And use light sour cream and picante as the dressing. I use the prepackaaged low sodium Taco seasoning.

Our meals are so mixed-up right now. I do home daycare and I have kids until 6pm. 3 nights a week my daughter has swim club at 6 so I am trying to get meals done so she can eat before she leaves otherwise I am afraid her energy will bonk while swimming. So family meal times are a bit hectic at this time, but I love seeing her take an interest in an activity she can do the rest of her life and it is great exercise.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Beautiful q
    uote. Today I went to a program at my son's school and ate soup and grilled cheese, not my favorite meal. His lunch was earlier than mine, and when I got back to work it was just in time for my lunch period. We were having spagetti and meatsauce, which IS my favorite meal. Normally I would be INCLINDED to go for the second lunch to indulge in my favorite food, but instead came to the computer lab, where I sit now writing this.

I LOVE mind games!!

Great job! Wow, that one is so hard for me! Good job staying strong. I just read that milk helps with losing so I am adding a 8 oz cup of milk everyday. I like milk anyway.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Do you only weigh only 1 time per week, on our Friday weigh in? I got on the scale today and it said that I was down a little, I want to change my weight on here to reflect the loss but at the same time I don't want to have it just be a low water day or something. What do you gals do?
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Do you only weigh only 1 time per week, on our Friday weigh in? I got on the scale today and it said that I was down a little, I want to change my weight on here to reflect the loss but at the same time I don't want to have it just be a low water day or something. What do you gals do?

I weigh every day and if I see a change I change my ticker. It keeps me motivated to see the numbers on the scale go down and the number on my ticker go up.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ready to kick your mental game up a notch.

BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND. TREAT YOURSELF AS YOU WOULD A BELOVED FRIEND. PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMPASSION FOR THEMSELVES ARE BETTER ABLE TO DEAL WITH LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS.

How did you do with the mind games yesterday? I was thinking about the power of the mind last night at 3:30 when I could not sleep. I remember a study I read about practice versus visualizing. It had to do with shooting free-throws. One group practiced and the basketball court actually shooting the balls and another group visualized themselves shooting and making the free-throws. They mentally went through the motions of what they needed to do to make a free-throw. Do you know which group could actually shoot free-throws at a higher percentage? The group that did the mental practice. Do you think about what you need to do to get to your desired self? What will you look like? What will you do? Just some food for thought.
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you with the funny meal times because of kids' activities. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we usually eat dinner by 4:00 because my daughter has volleyball later and I want her to eat a good dinner and have time for it to digest. In "the old days", she would have had a snack after school, and then when I picked her up from volleyball we'd pick up fast food. No more!

I feel very motivated today for some reason. I am going to the gym earlier than usual, and I'm looking forward to mixing it up and burning some calories! I feel thinner (maybe just hungry??) and I like it! Just down six pounds, but that's a start. Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to the mall to buy some shoes, and this morning she said "Don't worry Mom, I'm covering up your eyes when we walk by the food court!" Yes, the Cinnabon is my weakness, but today I've already told myself that it is full of nasty fat and too gross to eat! :)
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I weigh everyday (at the same time) and then average all those days for my "actual" at the end of the week...{shrug} it seems to be working for me in that I don't get so depressed when I see a slight normal gain because of water retention

Sherri
  • Iffer75
    Options

Honestly, you should not weigh yourself everyday. You are just going to frustrate yourself in the long run. Pick one day to weigh in and stick with that. My normal is Saturday morning after I get out of bed and use the restroom. I don't weigh any other time due to the fact your weight fluctuates a lot during the week depending on how much salt you eat, or how much water you take in. The other thing that is recommended is to measure yourself once a month. That is just as good an indicator as the scale if not better. Also, take into consideration how you feel and how your clothes fit. I have been told by very knowledgeable people to hide the scale and only weigh once a week or even just once a month. I am just giving you my opinion take what you want out of it.

Have a great day. :bigsmile: