5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to always eat your exercise calories? Will I still lose if I do? I've been exercising daily (and twice today!), but I find that I'm eating more then. Is that ok?

Yes, definitely okay to eat your exercise calories. It is very important to fuel your body when you workout. Just make sure they are good food choices and you should be fine. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So: challenge today – didn’t get enough sleep last night due to work. I know, I should – it was really hard not to overeat because I was so tired, but I stuck to my planned meals, so I guess that was my triumph!

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

Shivaun

P.S., Have I mentioned how much I value this group? You are all wonderful!

That is awesome that you did not give in to your evening snack. I know how hard that is. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Sorry I did not get around to kicking your mental game up a notch yesterday....time just got away from me. But here is the idea for today

EXERCISE YOUR FUNNY BONE!

Get a good belly laugh every day.

visit www.jokeoftheday.com

Ever notice how after a good laugh you feel better, your mood improves and you generally have a better outlook on life. Find something to laugh about today. I do home daycare and I can find several things a day to make me laugh. I will have to try and remember some and share from time-to-time to help you laugh.

One of my favorites is from back when I taught 2nd grade. One of the students asked me where babies came from, but then in the same breath the changed it to "I know where babies come from, how do they get there?" Great question!

HAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one.
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Is it ok to always eat your exercise calories? Will I still lose if I do? I've been exercising daily (and twice today!), but I find that I'm eating more then. Is that ok?

Yes! MFP sets a calories deficit for you to help you lose your 1-2 pounds per week. I usually enter 10-20% less than my HRM stated calorie burn. That gives me a margin of error and keeps me from eating back 100% of my exercise calories. You probably eat more on exercise days because your body is craving those calories to help it keep functioning and recover from exercise.

Have a great day!

I was wondering about this too. Thanks!!
  • pbenison
    Options
    Sorry I did not get around to kicking your mental game up a notch yesterday....time just got away from me. But here is the idea for today

EXERCISE YOUR FUNNY BONE!

Get a good belly laugh every day.

visit www.jokeoftheday.com

Ever notice how after a good laugh you feel better, your mood improves and you generally have a better outlook on life. Find something to laugh about today. I do home daycare and I can find several things a day to make me laugh. I will have to try and remember some and share from time-to-time to help you laugh.

One of my favorites is from back when I taught 2nd grade. One of the students asked me where babies came from, but then in the same breath the changed it to "I know where babies come from, how do they get there?" Great question!

Love that! By the way, I used to be in home childcare too. I wasn't very disciplined back then though and would have to say some of my weight "situation" came from finishing those leftover corndogs and having too many sweets around the house!! Good luck!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

:laugh:

My daughter asked me (while shopping in our local market) "why is she so big?" about an obese women who was standing right next to us! :embarassed: I said, Because everyone is different, but it is rude to speak about people like that because we don't want anyone to feel hurt by what we say. Ask me softly next time." She then said. But you don't talk softly about Auntie and she has a BIG BIG BIG belly! (Auntie was 9 mths prego at the time) She was right, I had just told my sister not even a half hour before "Oh boy do you look big now!" :ohwell: Little spong!

Awwwww kids! :laugh:
  • pbenison
    Options
    I am so glad to see the motivation in this group! I am trying so hard to get over this hump I seem to have drifted into. I cannot budge off of my current weight, and have been doing all the "right" things. I do know my clothes are fitting looser and my face is more shallow (not to mention I feel better). If it wasn't for coming to this forum daily, I would loose confidence in myself and probably give up. Thanks so much for being there!! :flowerforyou:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

:laugh:

My daughter asked me (while shopping in our local market) "why is she so big?" about an obese women who was standing right next to us! :embarassed: I said, Because everyone is different, but it is rude to speak about people like that because we don't want anyone to feel hurt by what we say. Ask me softly next time." She then said. But you don't talk softly about Auntie and she has a BIG BIG BIG belly! (Auntie was 9 mths prego at the time) She was right, I had just told my sister not even a half hour before "Oh boy do you look big now!" :ohwell: Little spong!

Awwwww kids! :laugh:
    [/quote]

Haha well you handled that one well. My kids aren't at that point yet. I'm not looking forward to one of those uncomfortable situations.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know why now why I like running better than walking. Yesterday I did a 5k running most of with a little walking. It took 47 minutes and burned 452 calories. I walked a 5k today it took 66 minutes and burned 332 calories. I had been told once that walking a mile or running a mile burns the same amount of calories, its just walking takes longer. As you can see from the above numbers that is not true!

Weigh in is in 2 days! Are keeping within your calories? Getting enough water? Getting some exercise?

Make it a great rest of the day!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I know why now why I like running better than walking. Yesterday I did a 5k running most of with a little walking. It took 47 minutes and burned 452 calories. I walked a 5k today it took 66 minutes and burned 332 calories. I had been told once that walking a mile or running a mile burns the same amount of calories, its just walking takes longer. As you can see from the above numbers that is not true!

Weigh in is in 2 days! Are keeping within your calories? Getting enough water? Getting some exercise?

You are so great! I feel like your my trainer, in a good way of course. I saw on here that you do 5k's on your treadmill and I thought I should step it up, so for the last 3 days in a row I have done the elliptical for 30 mins. It feels really good once I am done. Last night it said 5.00 for distance (farthest yet) does that mean I did a 5k?
  • TCASMEY
    Options

Way to go! You did a 5k plus. A 5k is 3.1 miles so a 10k is 6.2. You almost did a 10k:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

You are so great! I feel like your my trainer, in a good way of course. I saw on here that you do 5k's on your treadmill and I thought I should step it up, so for the last 3 days in a row I have done the elliptical for 30 mins. It feels really good once I am done. Last night it said 5.00 for distance (farthest yet) does that mean I did a 5k?
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Okay so this was another great day. Stayed within my calories and did 30 minutes sculpting and 50 minutes cardio. I can't wait until the weight in on friday, because I'm having a good week.

Good luck everyone:happy:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    11 more days to work on our 5 pound a month goal.
    I did not step on the scale for a while but I'm going to stick to my diet 101% for just only 11 more day.
    I KNOW I can do it!.
  • cct98362
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been poking through this site and trying to find a motivating group with similar goals. You all seem really supportive and full of good ideas. I am a mostly single mom (military spouse) who works full time and has two kids (under 3!) I have a lot of experience with high intensity exercise (running, biking, skiing, weight lifting etc) but have struggled to fit in time for exercising since the kids came into my life.

I aim to reclaim a lifestyle that has regular exercise and healthy eating but need some help to stay on track. I feel like I keep loosing the same 5 lbs over and over again. I really enjoy the calorie log but admit I am finding the forums a bit confusing. Hope this post ends up in the right spot! I am ready to give and get support and help us all meet our 5 lb a month challenge (okay, maybe next month for me!). cct
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been poking through this site and trying to find a motivating group with similar goals. You all seem really supportive and full of good ideas. I am a mostly single mom (military spouse) who works full time and has two kids (under 3!) I have a lot of experience with high intensity exercise (running, biking, skiing, weight lifting etc) but have struggled to fit in time for exercising since the kids came into my life.

I aim to reclaim a lifestyle that has regular exercise and healthy eating but need some help to stay on track. I feel like I keep loosing the same 5 lbs over and over again. I really enjoy the calorie log but admit I am finding the forums a bit confusing. Hope this post ends up in the right spot! I am ready to give and get support and help us all meet our 5 lb a month challenge (okay, maybe next month for me!). cct

Great Welcome!
    I have young kids also so this should be fun. :bigsmile:

I am a happy girl tonight. Made taco salad for dinner, yum! I mixed the ground beef, kidney beans and corn together so Dad and kids got all the healthy stuff (most of the time I serv they skip, well dad skips and kiddos follow his lead:grumble: ). It worked! They loved dinner.

I am under my cals and feeling full.

Oh... ps 5K :noway: yay Thanx TCASMEY:love:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good morning all! How did yesterday go? I fell off the wagon a bit and had some baked chips with tostito cheese dip. I was so hungry for extreme saltiness. Back to eating healthy today! What are your workout goals for today? I know I plan to do weights...I am thinking upper body only because my legs are a little sore this morning! LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!

Have a great day! Mental game advice coming later!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Let's kick our mental game up a notch!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Let's kick our mental game up a notch!

MAKE A DEPOSIT IN YOUR SPIRITUALITY BANK; PAINT, PRAY MEDITATE!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie just trying to navigate around this site. I joined a few days ago and ahve been entering all my calories and exercise daily. I just ofund this group and I LOVE the IDEA of being a part of it with everyone. I know the month is about over but I will just start from now on and if I lose a pound or two by the end of the monthI will be happy.
    My Plan is:
    I am planning to enter all my food daily as well as my exercises.
    I swim three mornings a week
    Do exercise class which is a variety of step aerobics and weight lifting for an hour twice a week.
    and run or walk the track once a week.
    I need to figure out something to do on Saturday for exercise.
    I jsut figured out that I am supposed to eat all my extra calories after I exercise. I am still trying to believe that. I have never done that in the past while dieting. I just thought working out more woud help me lose weight faster but I guess in the long run it is burining the wrong thing.???
    so what do we do just check into this site every day and read what everyone is doing? I hope I can find it again tomorrow. LOL
    Good luck everyone.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Was too tired last night to log in after my sweetie left - very cool, first time in 4 years that I made my Portuguese Stone Soup for him. He's Hawaiian, ate a lot of Portuguese-inspired food growing up - said it tasted exactly like his Nana's Portuguese Bean Soup. :D

:smile: :happy: :smile: Welcome to phyljen and to cct98362! I am relatively new, also, and just love this group! It's wonderful to having you aboard.

Jenn - more kid stories, please - they brighten the day. Your daughter sounds so cute. :smile:

Congratulations to everyone who did well yesterday!

:flowerforyou: Thank you, Tcasmey for keeping us all motivated!

Yesterday, instead of my planned mid-afternoon snack ended up eating a piece of pound cake that someone brought into the office mid-afternoon (I have been resisting all the sweets up until yesterday - health department people can be the worst when it comes to not-so-healthy food), but still stayed within my calorie goals and the rest of the day is healthy. While I have always tried to eat a healthful diet, I am trying to move away from seeing food as absolutely either "good" or "bad" but I still felt guilty... ah well.

I have a feeling that I will not have lost any weight when I step on the scale tomorrow morning, but if that's the case, figure that my body is just catching up to the 7 pound weight loss during the first two weeks in January.

Tcasmey - workout plan? walking to and from work (4 miles total) 3-4x per week, intense 30 minute aerobic workout 2-3x per week, 20-25 minute circuit training 4x per week, stretching & physical therapy (for my bad foot) 6x per week. This group helps me keep motivated!

Have a great day, all!

Shivaun