Fitness & Nutrition **SURVEY**

Options

Replies

• RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? A low fat butter sandwich (portuguese bread) with a long black coffee mixed with 250 ml of low fat milk.

2. How much water do you drink per day? Over 1.5 litres.

3. What are your favorite snacks? Anything chocolate.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? Depends, between 1150-1700 mainly.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Depends, but I've only been eating fruit for the past few days, because I don't feel hungry.

6. Favorite body part to train? Stomach area.

7. Least favorite body part to train? Thighs.

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Jogging in place.

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? McDonalds.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? I did, to help me lose weight more easily. Don't remeber the name but it was from natural plants.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Rarely.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Sometimes I go running with my best friend,

13. Do you have a gym membership? No, but I wish I did.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Myself.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Way too many to count. But a body that I would love to have is Jennifer Lawrence's.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Toast & marmite

2. How much water do you drink per day? about 3ltrs

3. What are your favorite snacks? Crispbakes with ham

4. How many calories do you eat per day? about 1600 before exersie

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Sandwich chicken & granny smith apple

6. Favorite body part to train? none

7. Least favorite body part to train? none

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Walking/cycling

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Indian takeway

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? no

11. How frequently do you eat out? only when on holidays

12. Do you have a workout buddy? My wife

13. Do you have a gym membership? no

14. Who's your biggest supporter? my wife

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? my kids
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? protein shake

2. How much water do you drink per day? 10-15 glasses

3. What are your favorite snacks? nuts

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1200-1300

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? nuts, cheese, salad

6. Favorite body part to train? arms

7. Least favorite body part to train? abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? elliptical

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? pizza, bread

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? pre-natal multi, biotin, fish oil

11. How frequently do you eat out? 6 days/week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? no

14. Who's your biggest supporter? my husband

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? my son
  • vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? protein shake

2. How much water do you drink per day? 2 litres

3. What are your favorite snacks? mixed nuts

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1300 normally upto 1800 when i exercise

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? sandwich, or porridge or a mugshot, salads

6. Favorite body part to train? tummy

7. Least favorite body part to train? tummy

8. Favorite workout at the moment? zumba

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? pizza

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? yes multi vit and mineral and flax seed oil

11. How frequently do you eat out? approx once a week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? yes

14. Who's your biggest supporter? me

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? my friend Corinne, she never gives up
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Whole wheat English muffin, 1 egg, 1 sausage patty, 8 oz. orange juice

2. How much water do you drink per day? 3-4liters

3. What are your favorite snacks? Craisins, raw veggies, fresh fruit, yogurt cup

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1200-1500

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Tuna salad or low sodium turkey breast sandwich/raw veggies, salad, or sweet potato chips/fresh fruit

6. Favorite body part to train? Legs

7. Least favorite body part to train? Abs/lower back

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Any high intensity circuit routine

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Anything TexMex, Singapore Rice Noodles from my fav Chinese place, homestyle cooking, home baked goods

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? No.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Typically, once every couple of weeks, but I have been slipping lately and going more frequently than I should.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No, I wish I did, though.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? I have several. My mom, my aunt, my sister, my grandmother, and the staff at my gym.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Rob Dempsey, a local radio personality from 89.3 HisRadio. He was once over 300lbs, and now he's about 170ish and regularly competes in 5K's, half marathons, triathalons, etc... He's a BEAST!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast?
    This week? 1 cup corn flakes and .25 cup 2% milk. This morning? 2 cups of coffee with splenda and almond/coconut milk blend, homemade banana muffin (177 cals a muffin!).

2. How much water do you drink per day?
    80-130oz depending on the day

3. What are your favorite snacks?
    Cheese sticks, fresh fruit, cottage cheese, chocolate.

4. How many calories do you eat per day?
    right now? 1320 is my limit, I've had 1500, 1200, and 1300 before.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch?
    A peanut butter and raw honey sammich, an apple and string cheese on Tuesdays and Thursdays, other week days I have eggs and cheese or a grilled cheese sammich. Weekends are open, anything from sammiches to pizza to eggs to burritos.

6. Favorite body part to train?
    legs... Mine are so strong!! Also I'm finally in love with how they look, I hated them at 270lbs.

7. Least favorite body part to train?
    Arms, I'm a weakling lol!

8. Favorite workout at the moment?
    Elliptical.

9. What are your "junk food" cravings?
    chocolate, hamburgers, nacho cheese covered potato wedges, movie theater popcorn, ice cream

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones?
    Yeah, a daily gummie vitamin, glucosamine chondroitin for my noisy knee, and ginko biloba for memory (I'm a college student with ADD, I have trouble remember things I need to remember)

11. How frequently do you eat out?
    at least once a week, up to 4 times a week.

12. Do you have a workout buddy?
    I used to, my sister has since headed back to High school, but this past summer we were working out 30 minutes 5 days a week.

13. Do you have a gym membership?
    Yep, at Anytime Fitness, I pay $33 a month for 18 months.

14. Who's your biggest supporter?
    My husband

15. Who's your biggest inspiration?
    Myself.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? today a caramel apple drizzled with natural peanut butter, usually protein shake or fruit

2. How much water do you drink per day? 9-12 glasses

3. What are your favorite snacks? Greek yogurt, cereal or oatmeal (as a small meal, I tend to not just snack anymore)

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1300-1500

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? I eat eggs a lot. with mushrooms and brown rice

6. Favorite body part to train? don't think I have a favorite

7. Least favorite body part to train? anything involving push-ups (they hurt my wrist)

8. Favorite workout at the moment? c25k

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? chips and cheese sauce

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? yes. a multi, fish oil, calcium with magnesium and zinc, vit d, digestive enzymes and cranberry

11. How frequently do you eat out? maybe 1-2 times a month

12. Do you have a workout buddy? only if my two cats count. one keeps a watchful eye while the other lies under me while I try to do planks and push-ups. I guess she is my personal trainer.

13. Do you have a gym membership? no but I do have free access to our gym at work in a different building, I use it sometimes.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? me and my mom supports me as well as a couple friends too.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration?not a who but a what-my next physical in April.
  • ajohn252
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Strawberry kiwi smoothie and a english muffin with cream cheese

2. How much water do you drink per day? 12 cups (3 litres)

3. What are your favorite snacks? I don't have them a lot but Pop Chips are awesome.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? Around 1200

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Apple, granola bar, Caesar salad, veggies and dip, etc

6. Favorite body part to train? Legs

7. Least favorite body part to train? My arms (my upper body strength is pathetic lol)

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Slim in Six Start it Up, Slim in Six Pack, my exercise bike

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Chips, candy, frozen yogurt

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Calcium, vitamin C, multi-vitamin, fibre + B

11. How frequently do you eat out? Maybe every two weeks?

12. Do you have a workout buddy? My mom or fiancée when I can convince them

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yup got it with my tuition for FREE yay

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My mom, but I everyone has been really good about it

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? As my profile says "anyone looking hotter than me in a bathing suit"
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Egg whites and goat cheese in a wrap, sweet potato and cauliflower on the side, coffee

2. How much water do you drink per day? around 7 cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? homemade protein bars, nuts, greek yogurt with fruit

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1700-1900 depending on whether or not I workout

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? salad, protein (usually meat) and sometimes a grain

6. Favorite body part to train? Arms

7. Least favorite body part to train? Abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Weight training

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? ice cream and chocolate

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? multi, fish oil, BCAAs, whey

11. How frequently do you eat out? 2-3 times a month

12. Do you have a workout buddy? nope

13. Do you have a gym membership? yup

14. Who's your biggest supporter? me!

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Jamie Eason and other fit women from the pages of Oxygen, Fitness Rx, Muscle and Fitness Hers!
  • birdybunnz
    Options
    . What did you have for breakfast? oatmeal and raisins with honey

2. How much water do you drink per day? a lot thats all i drink

3. What are your favorite snacks? carrots and almonds or fruit

4. How many calories do you eat per day? close to a thousand

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? salad or miso soup sometime veggie burgers

6. Favorite body part to train? back and legs

7. Least favorite body part to train? arms

8. Favorite workout at the moment? cardio

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? cherry pie...

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? prenatal, but im not preggos

11. How frequently do you eat out? once a week to rarely none

13. Do you have a gym membership? yes

14. Who's your biggest supporter? friend

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? other peoples stories
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? OATMEAL WITH BANANA & a plum

2. How much water do you drink per day? ABOUT 3-4 BOTTLES depends on how thirsty I get

3. What are your favorite snacks? Nutello with salted almonds....Mmm!

4. How many calories do you eat per day? TRYING TO STAY WITHIN 1200-1400

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? YESTERDAY SPINACH SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN

6. Favorite body part to train? LEGS

7. Least favorite body part to train? BELLY...UGHHH!

8. Favorite workout at the moment? RUNNING

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? BBQ POTATO CHIPS

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? YES, IRON, CALCIUM AND B12 (its a girl thing)

11. How frequently do you eat out? 2-3 times per week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? YES

13. Do you have a gym membership? YES

14. Who's your biggest supporter? MYFITNESSPAL.COM in general only because my family is so over the whole health kick.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? JENNIFER HUDSON
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? 2 x shredded wheat with milk, a small banana and an apricot.

2. How much water do you drink per day? usually around 3 pints neat, but I drink herbal teas and sugar free fruit squash also.

3. What are your favorite snacks? I try not to snack and if I do I make it fruit or vegetables....apples and carrots are a favourite.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? Around 1500 midweek, up to 2000 on weekends

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Salads or sandwiches. I generally find lunch the most boring meal of the day.

6. Favorite body part to train? Legs (running)

7. Least favorite body part to train? Nothing really.....I'm not a big fan of strength whilst doing it, but love the feeling afterwards.

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Running, I also do the 30DS from time to time but would not count it as a 'favourite!'

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Hmmm...probably pizza but I always try and encorporate it into my normal eating through healthier options or smaller portions (smaller portions just mean I get to eat pizza a couple of days in a row too! : )

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Occassionally take iron supplements but not often. I believe that we should try and get as many nutrients as possible from diet alone.

11. How frequently do you eat out? About once a week, normally Indian or Italian. I'm planning on going out for a big pub lunch following my half marathon on Sunday.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No, but my boyfriend cycles and we encourage each other to work-out regularly.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes and I hardly use it. I hate the gym and will be cancelling the membership when it expires in February.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My boyfriend keeps me sane, focused and also helps me let my hair down every so often too which for me is the most important thing.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My MFP friends constantly inspire me.
  • reallyally1
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Cliff bar, banana, and a glass of almond milk.

2. How much water do you drink per day? 48-72 oz.

3. What are your favorite snacks? carrots, raw almonds, skinny pop, turkey jerky

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1500

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? it varies. This week I had: 6 in turkey sub from subway, 2 hard boiled eggs & grapes, apple & raw almonds, and pizza

7. Least favorite body part to train? thighs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? I love the elliptical

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Everything...

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? No.

11. How frequently do you eat out? around 3 times a week, sometimes more.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Me.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Me.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? An iced coffee from home mixed with almond milk and oatmeal with a banana

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8-12 cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? Apples, almonds, celery with almond butter

4. How many calories do you eat per day? between 1300-1800 depending on my workout (I've also been logging even when my eating isn't stellar).

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Salad with chicken, a veggie dish like a gratin.

6. Favorite body part to train? Thighs. The muscle definition improvement is easiest to see plus it was one of my biggest problem areas.

7. Least favorite body part to train? Tummy/abs. No matter how long I hold a plank or how much I run, I still look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy. Oh well, I keep on truckin'

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Running. I still love zumba but running seems to be my go to.

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Chocolate. I try to go with dark chocolate so it's semi-healthy but Hostess cupcakes call to me every once in a blue moon.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Yes I take a fiber gummie by Vita Fusion.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Maybe four times a week if I'm not prepared. If I'm good, I'll have everything ready to go and won't need to.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? My sister and I run together. I also have a friend that loves to zumba so she'll dance with me sometimes.

13. Do you have a gym membership? We go to the YMCA in our city.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My boyfriend. He's trying to gain weight and I'm working to lose and together we support each other.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My son. I told him today I eat as healthy as I can and run when I can to stay healthy and live long enough to meet his babies.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I actually go through and read almost all of the replies--I'm such a dork.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Protein shake: unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 3 egg whites, 1 scoop Optimum Cookies & Cream 100% Whey Protein Powder, 1 tbsp flaxseed oil, 1 tbsp chocolate PB2, 1/2 tbsp sugar free fat free instant Jello chocolate fudge pudding mix, ice

10-14 cups, sometimes more--I think the max I logged was 19 cups

Protein bars like Nature Valley Protein/Balance Gold/Atkins Advantage, multigrain crackers with fat free ricotta and chopped dried apricots, apples with peanut butter, fat free plain Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate granola and Chia seeds, whole wheat English muffin topped with avocado

Around 1450 on inactive days, more depending on how much I workout that day

Usually make a big batch of something at home to eat for the week, like a quiche, veggie enchiladas or burritos, quinoa and black bean salad, or get a salad from Whole Foods or Panera

Butt!

Core--due to injuries 9 months ago I lost most of my core strength and have been struggling to regain it. It's been slow going and frustrating.

Barre and Pilates--very small movements that pack big results

CARBS!!!! Bread and cheese, anything chocolate (though I consider dark chocolate healthy in moderation), Oreos, Dorito's, pasta

Yes. Flaxseed oil, vitamin B-6, biotin, l-carnitine, plus whey protein powder nearly everyday

Infrequently (unless it's grabbing a salad for lunch). Maybe every few weeks. I'm poor. :(

No, but I wish I did!!!

Yes

Sadly, no one, other than my pals on here who offer me words of encouragement when I ask for them. Most of my friends IRL either aren't into fitness or health whatsoever, or I don't see or talk to them often enough for them to know how focused I really am (or they think it's annoying to hear about).

Any of my MFPals
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    lowsalt rice cake and pb

12 cups

rice cake and pb...greek yogurt with vanilla, splenda, and lemon

Right now only 1300 because im recovering from a fractured hip and cant exercise. Normally 1800 when Im active

varies..today probably a sweet potato and protein shake

arms

butt. lunges suuuuuuck

jamie easons livefit

ice cream

omega 3 fishoil, womens multivitamin

hardly ever

sometimes i go at the same time as my hubby but we dont work out together

yes

my husband

JE!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Two slices of wholemeal toast with Flora and Marmite

2. How much water do you drink per day? 2.5-3 litres - almost all as caffeine free herbal tea

3. What are your favorite snacks? Salt and Vinegar Snack a Jacks, apples and dark chocolate.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? Average 1350-1500, cycled through the week.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Soup or a sandwich

6. Favorite body part to train? Upper body

7. Least favorite body part to train? Upper body

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Wall climbing

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Chips (fries)

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Berocca.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Once a week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Yes, I have two friends I climb with every week.

13. Do you have a gym membership? No

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Myself

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Everyone who used to be bigger than me and is now smaller.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? 1/2 Hot Italian Turkey Sausage & 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese

2. How much water do you drink per day? I'm up to 12+ cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? Chips

4. How many calories do you eat per day? I'm focusing on 1200 -1300

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? I'm working on Lean Protein (chicken, tuna, turkey or beef & veggies raw or cooked)

6. Favorite body part to train? None

7. Least favorite body part to train? Arms

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Billy Blanks Tae bo/Kickboxing

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Cookies, namely chocolate chip & Pizza

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Aloe Vera 80 Detoxifying Formula & Nature Secret Ultimate Cleanse, Advil or Motrin

11. How frequently do you eat out? 1x a week maybe...

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes w/my Apt. Complex

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My FH

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Myself because I want so badly to be healthy and off of BP Meds & I almost forgot my new found friends here on MFP as well as my FH!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    1. What did you have for breakfast? oatmeal with blackberries, protein powder, and almond milk

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8+ glasses

3. What are your favorite snacks? mozzarella string cheese, sunflower seeds, carrots

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1800

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? amy's frozen meal

7. Least favorite body part to train? abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? weight lifting

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? pizza, chocolate, beer

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? B12, flaxseed oil, iron

11. How frequently do you eat out? less than once a month

14. Who's your biggest supporter? my mom

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? women who lift weights