Fitness & Nutrition **SURVEY**

Replies

• BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Honey Strained Greek Yogurt w/ Vanilla Almond Granola and 1.75oz grilled chicken tenderloins

2. How much water do you drink per day? anywhere from 8-14 cups depending on how much I worked out/sweat or how thirsty I am.

3. What are your favorite snacks? Kashi's Layered Granola Bar (Dark Chocolate Coconut) and Chewy Granola Bar (Honey Almond Flax). I also like to pair a slightly frozen Dannon Light & Fit non-fat vanilla yogurt (60z, 80 cals) w/ 1/2 cup of slightly unfrozen blueberries.Not only is it delicious and satisfying, but I love the swirl of color the blueberries make in the melting frozen yogurt...it's like yummy art.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? depends on the day/how much exercise/out of town traveling/etc. - I try to keep it at 1200 calories minimum unless I'm really not feeling well that day and can't eat much. But normally I'm around 1400-2000 with exercise.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? If I workout in the morning, I'm usually having my protein smoothie right about that time (strawberries, banana, 4oz nonfat vanilla yogurt, chocolate whey protein, crushed ice = ~300 calories). Otherwise I might have a Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli w/ lightly sauced Cheese Steamer bag with some diced grilled chicken, a Boar's Head turkey wrap, a Chipotle veggie salad (under 400 cals).

6. Favorite body part to train? Don't really have one...I would like to say the glutes and the quads since they're the easiest with squats, haha. :o) What needs to BECOME my favorite body part to train would be my lungs - need to work on my cardio and increase the stamina of my lungs.

7. Least favorite body part to train? Arms/shoulders/upper body - even if my trainer is pleased with my weight, I always feel "weak" that I'm not using more weight. Plus, I have a problem with my left shoulder blade, so it makes any kind of shoulder/arm work feel less successful compared to what I've done in the past.

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Personal training sessions - pretty much anything my trainer comes up with is good. I LOVE the arc trainer - a good 30-35 minute "run" on that for me burns around 600-750 calories depending on how much butt I'm kicking.

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? sometimes it's salt and sometimes it's chocolate. For salt - I crave chips. For chocolate - it's really any kind of milk chocolate will do (the dark doesn't do the same for me).

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? I take Airborne Chewable vitamins whenever I'm feeling a little run down or I'm starting to get a sore throat/fever. Recently, I've read so many mixed reviews on daily multivitamins that I'm currently trying to find the right "kind" and intake system for me. I'm also trying to find a good fish oil tablet that I can start taking again. I also use optimum nutrition whey protein powder (chocolate) for my post-workout smoothies or if I'm really low on protein on a given day.

11. How frequently do you eat out? TOO much...it's probably my biggest problem right now. It's something that I'm working on conquering right now to better the financial burden and my health. I'm currently undergoing a life change (moving, new job, new everything), so I'm in a good position to "reset" everything and start some good habits off the bat.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No - I prefer to workout alone (I like having my set routine and spending the time I need on it - so often my workout buddy would be done way before I was and then I'd feel pressured to wrap my workout up quickly, which then led me to feel frustrated. Although having someone there who is "holding you accountable" is always a great asset.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes. I LOVE my gym. I hated my previous gym and it was part of the reason I didn't stick with my workouts. My current gym is probably my favorite gym post-college (because my college gym was a multi-million dollar spectacle that I miss oh-so-much, haha). Part of me is sad to be moving because my current gym is only a chain within this state and because I'm moving out of state, they won't have any of them elsewhere.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My trainer/myself/my parents

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My biggest fitness/weight loss inspiration would be watching the people on The Biggest Loser or Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition...if they can lose (in one year) twice or triple the weight I'm trying to lose, then surely I can suck it up and get my work done to achieve my goals. But my biggest inspirations (in general, outside of fitness) would be my parents.

***Edited because I forgot to fill out a section.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Oats with blueberries and unsweetened iced coffee from Starbucks.

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8 at least

3. What are your favorite snacks? cucumbers, bell peppers, Larabar, apples...lots of apples.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? I'm generally around 1400-1500 but should be a little higher.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Salad with spinach and lots of veggies. Usually no dressing...only a little vinegar and extra pepper.

6. Favorite body part to train? booty

7. Least favorite body part to train? legs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? zumba

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Chocolate! Also I get cravings for fries sometimes

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? I take vitamin code for women (I think that's what it's called)

11. How frequently do you eat out? I've really limited it once I started MFP. I wanna say once a week with a friend. If I don't plan my lunch then I get a salad from Subway on my lunch break at work...so that's my eating out.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Nope, but I wish I did.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes!

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Mom

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? MFP community. Seriously...all these awesome stories of success!
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Greek yogurt, Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate, orange blossom honey and cantaloupe mixed together and topped off with a bit of quaker oats.

2. How much water do you drink per day? Not nearly enough.

3. What are your favorite snacks? Yogurt and fruit/ Peanut Butter

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1650-1800

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? one avocado mixed with a pouch of Salmon, wheat thins

6. Favorite body part to train? Arms

7. Least favorite body part to train? Abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Squats

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Tiramisu

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Just a multi-vitamin

11. How frequently do you eat out? once a week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My husband

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? http://gokaleo.com/.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    1. What did you have for breakfast?

• 1/2 cup oatmeal
    • Protein shake (Combat)

2. How much water do you drink per day?

•more than a gallon

3. What are your favorite snacks?

•egg sandwich

4. How many calories do you eat per day?

•between 2600-3200

5. What do you generally eat for lunch?

•brown rice
    •chicken
    •mixed veggies

6. Favorite body part to train?

•back

7. Least favorite body part to train?

•abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment?

•weight training

9. What are your "junk food" cravings?

•pizza

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

•yes

11. How frequently do you eat out?

•rarely. maybe not more than 3 times a year

12. Do you have a workout buddy?

•no

13. Do you have a gym membership?

•yes

14. Who's your biggest supporter?

•some friends, brother and cousin

15. Who's your biggest inspiration?

•the old me
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? fat free plain Greek yogurt, oats, raspberries, 2 stevia packets, hot tea

2. How much water do you drink per day? approx. 120 ounces

3. What are your favorite snacks? apple with string cheese, bell peppers with hummus, homemade cookie :-)

4. How many calories do you eat per day? +/- 1600

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? chicken breast + veggie, somtimes salad

6. Favorite body part to train? legs

7. Least favorite body part to train? back/shoulders

8. Favorite workout at the moment? 5k prep

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? croissants, bread items

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Yes. Calcium, Osteo Bi-flex, fish oil, b12, multivitamin

11. How frequently do you eat out? 1-2 x week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? no

13. Do you have a gym membership? free fitness center where I work

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My husband (& my mfp friends)

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Brandi & Brett (mfp friends)
  • 1. What did you have for breakfast? High Fiber Oat bran and fruit salad

2. How much water do you drink per day? my weight in water about 23 cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? chocolate or candy lately chobani vanila chocolate chip

4. How many calories do you eat per day? I try to get to my goal as close at possible but usually 1340

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? veggier burger or salad (today liquid lunch going out with hubby)

6. Favorite body part to train? butt

7. Least favorite body part to train? arms

8. Favorite workout at the moment? treadmill (before injury eliptical or arc trainer)

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? sweets (since I've been trying to drink my weight in water it has lessed)

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? whey protein

11. How frequently do you eat out? one a month

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Nichole or my son

13. Do you have a gym membership? yes

14. Who's your biggest supporter? my son

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Nichole
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Dunking Donuts Multigrain bagel with reduced fat pumpkin cream cheese

2. How much water do you drink per day? 30- 48 oz

3. What are your favorite snacks? anything salty ie. somersaults or pretzel chips

4. How many calories do you eat per day? around 1600

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? either a sandwich or salad

7. Least favorite body part to train? upper body

8. Favorite workout at the moment? running, I get a high when I do

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Pumpkin anything, chocolate

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? None currently, trying to figure out my thyroid problem

11. How frequently do you eat out? 3-4 times a week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Nope

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Ladies at work

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My friend Jen - Full time fire fighter, part time Guard, all around bad a*s
  • Some things that i have found interesting or have shocked me (not in a bad way) so far...

1. the number of people who drink over a gallon of water

2. an egg sandwich as a "snack" --love this. I'd totally do it :)

3. the number of people who hate doing abs

4. the number of people without gym memberships --just shows it's not necessary

5. how few people have workout buddies
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee with skim milk, Egg Beaters Florentine, English Muffin with butter, and Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries.

2. How much water do you drink per day? 9-14 cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? Chicken Sausages, and I love Trader Joe Spinach & Kale Dip on anything!

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1600-1900

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Chicken (almost every meal, besides breakfast)

6. Favorite body part to train? Back

7. Least favorite body part to train? Legs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Undecided.....starting to like running

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Cookies and ice cream

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? A multivitamin every day.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Once a month....seriously- we are saving money

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No

14. Who's your biggest supporter? The boyfriend!

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My biggest supporter!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Protein Drink (whey iso, fiber supplement, unsweetened almond milk)

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8-12 - 8oz cups

3. What are your favorite snacks? chocolate :P

4. How many calories do you eat per day? around 2000

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? either protein shake, bar or salad

6. Favorite body part to train? upper body/shoulders

7. Least favorite body part to train? core/lower back

8. Favorite workout at the moment? none

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? chocolate (LOL), pizza, cookies

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Woman's Multivitamin, calcium +mag+d3, vegan gulcosime + MSM, flaxseed oil, hawthorn, ginkgo, niacin (non-flush), chromium, garlic, CoQ10, fiber, ashwanda root, dandelion root *, cyanne pepper, Sam-E, cherry fruit *, maca powder * (anything w/ * will be stopped as soon as bottle is finished - they are having no noticeable effects)

11. How frequently do you eat out? 2-3 times a week, trying to get it down to 1 if that

12. Do you have a workout buddy? no, nobody seems to have time ot want to

14. Who's your biggest supporter? MPF friends - IRL notice, but little to no support. Hubby does offer some.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? who.... not a who, a what - I want my pain levels to go down. So far it has gone up the more I loose, which is really beginning to mentally effect me considerably.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? blueberry oatmeal

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8 cups on a rest day..13 on a work out day

3. What are your favorite snacks? pretzels and greek yogurt

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1450

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? ugh lean cuisine

6. Favorite body part to train? abs

7. Least favorite body part to train? gluts

8. Favorite workout at the moment? zumba

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? chocolate

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? alive womans daily

11. How frequently do you eat out? maybe once every 2 weeks or once a month

12. Do you have a workout buddy? no :sad:

13. Do you have a gym membership? yes the YMCA

my bf and my mom

MFP...all my amazing friends especially the ones who have lost 100 lbs or more!!!!!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast?
    Plain oatmeal with a piece of whole wheat toast and peanut butter.

2. How much water do you drink per day?
    8-12 glasses depending on the day.

3. What are your favorite snacks?
    Pretzels and cashews

4. How many calories do you eat per day?
    Between 1300-1700 depending on the day. Trying to be around 1500-1600 per day

5. What do you generally eat for lunch?
    Tuna sandwich, chili or chicken and veggies

6. Favorite body part to train?
    Well... I weight lift and most of the exercises I do are full body workouts. But I love when my butt is sore the next day.

7. Least favorite body part to train?
    Nothing.

8. Favorite workout at the moment?
    Squats and step ups

9. What are your "junk food" cravings?
    Cheesecake and Pepsi

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones?
    None for the most part. I take Vitamin C from time to time

11. How frequently do you eat out?
    No. I eat out MAYBE once everyone 1-2 months.

12. Do you have a workout buddy?
    Nope.

13. Do you have a gym membership?
    Yes I do. 24 hour fitness

biggest? Probably my mom IF I had to choose. But I have amazing, inspirational friends.

Me.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? 2 scoops of muscle milk powder in a cup of 2% milk. I have never been able to eat properly at breakfast time, so this at least gets something in my stomach.

2. How much water do you drink per day? I don't count. Enough to not get dehydrated.

3. What are your favorite snacks? Does beer count?

4. How many calories do you eat per day? I aim for 2200 before taking exercise into account. I'm usually a bit under, which is not good, as I don't want to lose more weight.

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Chicken salad

6. Favorite body part to train? Upper body right now

7. Least favorite body part to train? Probably legs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Strength training

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Not too many really, unless beer counts again... ;-)

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? No.

11. How frequently do you eat out? Too often. Several times a week.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No.

13. Do you have a gym membership? Yes - on-site at work. Very handy!

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My kids

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? More of a what than a who - not going from prediabetic to diabetic.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Fiber One & Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt

2. How much water do you drink per day? 80 - 100 oz

3. What are your favorite snacks? Frozen bananas, yogurt, fuji apples, popcorn, pretzel sticks, carrot sticks, laughing cow swiss cheese

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1200-1400 M-F, @ 1600 Sat & Sun

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Salad w/chicken breast, turkey sausage, or tuna

6. Favorite body part to train? Shoulders

7. Least favorite body part to train? Triceps

8. Favorite workout at the moment? HIIT/Circuit

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Nothing in particular.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Daily multi, fish oil, glucosamine

11. How frequently do you eat out? 1 or 2 times/week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Occasionally - depends on what I'm doing. My husband and I mountain bike and hike together and occasionally he does my HIIT/Circuit workouts with me.

13. Do you have a gym membership? No

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My husband!

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Don't have one.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Egg Beaters Florentine

2. How much water do you drink per day? 10+ glasses

3. What are your favorite snacks? apple with PB2 or berries

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1300-1500

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? garden salad with chicken

6. Favorite body part to train? shoulders/back

7. Least favorite body part to train? abs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? running... always has been; P90X

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? chips and salsa... I may be addicted

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Prenatal and Biotin

11. How frequently do you eat out? twice a week

12. Do you have a workout buddy? I lead a running group on Saturdays.

13. Do you have a gym membership? No.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? MFP pals.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Fiance
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Fri 09/14/12 03:24 PM

1. What did you have for breakfast? bacon and toast

2. How much water do you drink per day? ummm about 2-3 litres

3. What are your favorite snacks? grapes

4. How many calories do you eat per day? about 1000

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? ryvitas/cottage cheese/ham/yogurt/fruit

8. Favorite workout at the moment? walking/crosstrainer

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? sweet stuff(all)

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? multi vits

11. How frequently do you eat out? hardley never(1 every 3 months)

12. Do you have a workout buddy? nope

13. Do you have a gym membership? nope

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Hubby

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? Me?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Cliff Bar
    A lot
    Beef jerky and popcorn
    whatever i made for dinner
    none
    abbs
    commuting to work on my bicycle
    anything fried, anything pie
    too often
    no
    no
    no
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Fruit salad

2. How much water do you drink per day? 2l

3. What are your favorite snacks? dried fruits and raisins in chocolate

4. How many calories do you eat per day? beween 1,3 and 1,5k

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? veggie salad

6. Favorite body part to train? arms

7. Least favorite body part to train? legs

8. Favorite workout at the moment? turbo fire

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? pizza

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? multivitamin, fish oil, some protein powder

11. How frequently do you eat out? 1 a month

12. Do you have a workout buddy? no

14. Who's your biggest supporter? peeps on MFP

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? I have none
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Mushroom omelette

2. How much water do you drink per day? lots

3. What are your favorite snacks? Peanuts

4. How many calories do you eat per day? about 1100

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? salad

6. Favorite body part to train? Arms

8. Favorite workout at the moment? All my pt sessions

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Cake/chocolate

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? Nope

11. How frequently do you eat out? twice a month (not including buying my lunch once a week)

12. Do you have a workout buddy? Just my pt and don't think that counts as he is shouting (sorry encouraging) me!

14. Who's your biggest supporter? Best friend

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? The look that my mum is going to have on her face when she comes over to see me next summer (and the fact that I haven't told her I have a pt or how much I've lost so far), there is an upside to having moved 3,000 miles away from her!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    1. What did you have for breakfast? Chobani Yogurt, an Orange.

2. How much water do you drink per day? 8-12 cups on average.

3. What are your favorite snacks? Fruit.

4. How many calories do you eat per day? 1100-1300

5. What do you generally eat for lunch? Subway Sub, Roast Beef and Veggie, No sauce, No cheese.

6. Favorite body part to train? Legs.

7. Least favorite body part to train? Abs.

8. Favorite workout at the moment? Running is the only one I'm doing right now, working on c25k.

9. What are your "junk food" cravings? Taco bell. Taco Bell. Papa Gino's pizza.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? If so, which ones? No, but I'm thinking about starting omega 3.

11. How frequently do you eat out? 4-6 times a week, if you count Subway as eating out.

12. Do you have a workout buddy? No.

13. Do you have a gym membership? No.

14. Who's your biggest supporter? My wife.

15. Who's your biggest inspiration? My four children.