What if your daughter's boyfriend did this?

Options

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Wow. Special. I am/was curious about stuff like that. And you know what, I think I turned out okay. I don't use illegal drugs, I have a Ph.D., and a good career--but you wouldn't want people like me around your daughter.
    You totally changed this answer,and you're twisting my words. I don't want a teenage boy who is curious about how to make meth dating my daughter. Sorry that this bothers you, but she's my baby girl, and this is my honest answer.

Without having any real clue why he was looking that information up you're judging this boy incredibly harshly. Do you not think that it would be better for all involved, and set a better example to your daughter of how to deal with people and situations, to be reasoned and find out what's actually going on before freaking out?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OK. Too many close-minded people here. Gotta leave this place before I lose my mind. Later. Have at it conservatives.

I'm with you. The utter lack of reason in so many of the responses on this thread is, quite frankly, terrifying.

Reasoned answers don't offer much opportunity for internet Bravado.

Answers like, "I'd kick his teeth in for even lookin' at ma bayba", however, do.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    OK. Too many close-minded people here. Gotta leave this place before I lose my mind. Later. Have at it conservatives.

OH NO I was with you until you got all political!

Being conservative doesn't limit you to being POLITICALLY conservative...

you do know it was a JOKE right?! LMFAO!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'd resist the urge to rip his head off and shove it up his...
    Play it cool. Don't let on what you've found. At this point. Keep your eyes and ears open for new information. Be familiar with who he associates with. Report it to the authorities.
    And how old is your daughter? I wouldn't say anything to her at this point, but my actions as her mama would depend on her age.

This!!!

If my daughters boyfriend was using my computer, I'd be ticked just cus of that cus no one but me uses my computer lol. We (my husband and I) have our own separate computers and I don't like people on my computer lol. Glad my daughter isn't even 2 yet lol.

Have you talked to your daughter about this? I don't think I would yet, I think I'd just do what Brett said and just keep a close eye and ear.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow. Special. I am/was curious about stuff like that. And you know what, I think I turned out okay. I don't use illegal drugs, I have a Ph.D., and a good career--but you wouldn't want people like me around your daughter.
    You totally changed this answer,and you're twisting my words. I don't want a teenage boy who is curious about how to make meth dating my daughter. Sorry that this bothers you, but she's my baby girl, and this is my honest answer.

I did reword my answer, because I thought it made my point in a better way, but I did not significantly change the content of what I said. My point in that entry was that I have looked up a lot of things online, as an adult and a teenager, and I am not a bad person nor was I ever what you'd call a "bad kid." Despite my curiosity, I have grown into a functioning member of society. Your comment made it appear that based on one relatively begin action (googling something, with no other evidence of intent to do anything objectionable) you would judge someone unfit to be around your child. My point was lots of people you probably *do* want around your child have done something similar.

I don't see how I am twisting your words at all.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is a chance he might just be watching Breaking Bad and genuinely curious.

Ask him.
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options

OH NO I was with you until you got all political!

Being conservative doesn't limit you to being POLITICALLY conservative...

you do know it was a JOKE right?! LMFAO!

Nope, thought you literally meant it, sorry!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I love how people stir the pots and walk away from the pot with the flame on high.

Boil over. Every.single.time.
  • bellanena
    Options
    Yikes, that is scary! I'm sorry.. I would over react of course.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options

I'm with you. The utter lack of reason in so many of the responses on this thread is, quite frankly, terrifying.

Answers like, "I'd kick his teeth in for even lookin' at ma bayba", however, do.

*like*
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If you don't want her around stuff like that, you better pull her out of school and lock her in a bubble without any friends. Kids at school say/do way worse things than googling how to make meth.
    I work at a high school. In my many years of working here, we have never had to deal with a student making meth. I don't have to "pull her out of school" or "lock her in a bubble without any friends" to keep her away from certain things. I also have 25. 20, 18 year old sons who finished high school and college just fine.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Without having any real clue why he was looking that information up you're judging this boy incredibly harshly. Do you not think that it would be better for all involved, and set a better example to your daughter of how to deal with people and situations, to be reasoned and find out what's actually going on before freaking out?

THIS.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'd probably not immediately go to MFP and ask them what they'd do. I'd talk to my daughter first and then have a sit down with her boyfriend and get to the bottom of things.

Do parents need online "help" for everything going on in their lives now?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My daughters boyfriend of many years robbed me of 33000.00 of jewelry and family heirlooms, all my entire DVD collection and other random things. I called the cops and they sent him to rehab for 6 months because he cried to the judge that it was his marijuana addiction that made him do it...... REALLY! You can't even be addicted to that plant! What a stupid judge.

Sorry to hear this. I do not agree when people use an addiction as an excuse for terrible behaviour.
    FYI - Marijuana is addictive. When smoked it releases endorphins just like gambling, sex, food, heroin, exercise, gaming, shopping. All of which can be a process addiction. Usually only potheads believe it is not addictive as a means to rationalize and minimize their drug use/addiction.

Judge is right - you are not.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Not to sound harsh ...but I think the OP knows the answer to this question already.
    If it were my daughter, I'd tell my daughter what I found out and the guy is bad news. Get him out of your life now.
    Any guy that I'd hope my daughter would make a life with would not be associating with meth.
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    Ever looked up two girls one cup? I've watched it, but that doesn't mean i'll do it.

Damn. I liked where you were going for a min.

Do you think I should be more open minded about this foreplay Jac?

Im just saying you don't want to necessarily rule anything out.....

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind...:tongue:
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If you don't want her around stuff like that, you better pull her out of school and lock her in a bubble without any friends. Kids at school say/do way worse things than googling how to make meth.
    I work at a high school. In my many years of working here, we have never had to deal with a student making meth. I don't have to "pull her out of school" or "lock her in a bubble without any friends" to keep her away from certain things. I also have 25. 20, 18 year old sons who finished high school and college just fine.

LOL Ooook. Geez and I thought *I* was oblivious to things. I know people who graduated high school and college who did meth and other stupid stuff as teenagers. You don't always know what kids are doing at home. Or at school. I went to school and got drunk, no one ever suspected a thing, and I kept decent grades.. All you need is a bottle of fruit punch, with just enough punch to color vodka.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'd probably not immediately go to MFP and ask them what they'd do. I'd talk to my daughter first and then have a sit down with her boyfriend and get to the bottom of things.

Do parents need online "help" for everything going on in their lives now?

Of course they do. But thank goodness she didn't google search what to do, it would be to suspicious. What if her husband found that google search and googled what to do about his wife searching what to do because their daughters boyfriend googled how to make meth. Vicious cycle.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

If you are too protective, then she will cease to be your baby girl.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: btw---I totally agree with you guys!! It's paranoia like this that frustrates the hell out of me. :noway: