What if your daughter's boyfriend did this?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

That's a pretty big leap.

I actually find it hard to believe that people are actually claiming that the only time the use google is for totally practical purposes and not out of random curiosity. Because at the end of the day, that's what people are ultimately saying.

People can certainly be curious.

When you're dating my daughter you shouldn't be curious about how to make meth.

You really shouldn't be so curious you decide you need to research it online.

And you really, REALLY shouldn't be so stupid, inconsiderate and thick headed to do it on MY computer.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's really into Breaking Bad and wants to find out how to do it? Just plain curiosity?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

That's a pretty big leap.

I actually find it hard to believe that people are actually claiming that the only time the use google is for totally practical purposes and not out of random curiosity. Because at the end of the day, that's what people are ultimately saying.

And you really, REALLY shouldn't be so stupid, inconsiderate and thick headed to do it on MY computer.

Open minds lead to open lines of communications. You want your daughter to date a brain-dead buffoon with no sense of curiosity?
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Is he watching Breaking Bad and curious on how to get such a glamorous lifestyle?

This is what I was thinking. But I would also be very concerned.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Exactly all of this.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would discourage my daughter from dating any boy who used my computer and was too stupid to cover his tracks.

I'd talk to them. Explain what you discovered and get an explanation. I don't want my daughter dating someone who is cooking meth, but if he looked it up out of curiosity, big deal. Lord knows the stupid stuff I would have Googled had it been around when I was a teenager. I Google random, stupid stuff all the time now as someone pushing 40. Because I'm curious and easily bored.

I have two daughters, neither one of them old enough to date yet, but I'd like to think my wife and I are raising them in such a way that they will have the good judgement not to date guys who are involved in that kind of stuff to begin with.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    As a criminology major I would say the same thing.. "why is he looking at it if he isn't doing it?" but would try to gather more evidence before jumping the gun..
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have found out that he has been using my computer to find sites on information on how to make meth. Not sure if he is actually doing this but why else would he be looking up the info?

BETTER WATCH THAT ONE. AND PUT A PASSWORD ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE INTERNET.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    he prob wants to be jesse, watching too much breaking bad
  • cblevitron
    Options
    My boyfriend was a chem major and he looks at stuff like that all the time. We're not making or selling any drugs. He's probably just curious.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    They'd be dragging me off the bloody mess I made of him.

This one ^^
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

Is he watching Breaking Bad and curious on how to get such a glamorous lifestyle?

they don't really live a glamorous lifestyle in that show. At least not until Walt buys the car wash and some new cars. Spoiler, my bad.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    They'd no longer be dating because he is stupid. Stupid for researching it, but more stupid for doing it on my computer.

He's stupid for research? Stupid for literally trying to know something? Lord help us all.
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's really into Breaking Bad and wants to find out how to do it? Just plain curiosity?

This. the reason I looked it up is because I wondered if the show was actually naming the chemicals used to make meth.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I know the basics of how to make a lot of illicit drugs...doesn't mean I've ever done it.

this. people research dumb **** all the time. you could be frank with them and say...."so this was in my history, what is up?" and hopefully you have an honest and open relationship with them.

This! I would start here. Asking it blunt and face to face gives you both verbal and non verbal indications.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have found out that he has been using my computer to find sites on information on how to make meth. Not sure if he is actually doing this but why else would he be looking up the info?

Both of them would be asked WHY they need to know this information. If no satisfactory answer is given (or drugs are actually being made), computer privileges would be terminated and the boyfriend no longer welcome in the house.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Dont have kids but if I was in that situation, I for sure would ban my daughter from seeing him!!! Not good!!! Why else would he be looking up that info for!?!?!
  • rodrig462
    rodrig462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's always best to confront. As bad as it looks, there may be a reasonable explanation. If someone misunderstood your motivation for doing something, I think you would want a chance to set the record straight.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That's why if/when I have a daughter, every year for her birthday I'M getting a new gun. The longest part of that issue would be picking which one to use FIRST
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    WHAT boyfriend? No, I swear that was a very large, messy branch in my wood chipper.

Oh, and that's only if I found out before my hubby, my brother, and my best friend's fiance.