What if your daughter's boyfriend did this?

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'd assume he's been watching too much Breaking Bad.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have looked up how to make many things that probably put me on some government watch list. Doesnt mean I will ever make them. I am just bored and curious. But I am also not stupid enough to look it up on someone elses computer.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    mY FATHER ACTUALLY HAD A SITUATION. mY SISTER'S BOYFRIEND GOT HER TO ASK MY FATHER FOR A LOAN under false pretences. He used the money to set up a pot growing hydro-ponics in my sisters appartment. When my parents went to visit they were never allowed in that room. one day my father found out. (My father was a very powerful business man above and below the board) He had some big guys go over, oversee the destruction of the equipment, the disposal of all drugs, and made sure the boyfriend understood he needed to leave town. Which he did. Problem solved.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    So people are threating bodily harm for this? Wow. OK...
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Well, is there any chance he's using that information for a school project? Or he's curious about why they ID you to buy Sudafed because of meth, if you live somewhere that does that? Not everything that LOOKS terrible IS terrible.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A .45 and a shovel.

hahahaha!!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I know the basics of how to make a lot of illicit drugs...doesn't mean I've ever done it.

this. people research dumb **** all the time. you could be frank with them and say...."so this was in my history, what is up?" and hopefully you have an honest and open relationship with them.

^^^ yeah, I agree with this, too.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    sulfuric acid
    polyethylene barrel
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    mY FATHER ACTUALLY HAD A SITUATION. mY SISTER'S BOYFRIEND GOT HER TO ASK MY FATHER FOR A LOAN under false pretences. He used the money to set up a pot growing hydro-ponics in my sisters appartment. When my parents went to visit they were never allowed in that room. one day my father found out. (My father was a very powerful business man above and below the board) He had some big guys go over, oversee the destruction of the equipment, the disposal of all drugs, and made sure the boyfriend understood he needed to leave town. Which he did. Problem solved.

So it was OK for your father's wife to be married to a criminal, but not his daughter? LMAO
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No one just looks up how to make it for sh*ts and giggles. You need to confront him now and quick. Does he watch the show Breaking Bad? Do not let your daughter date a Meth head or dealer. They just Spell Trouble M-E-T-H Trouble

Funny, because I, as a person who has never taken or sold meth, and would never consider taking or selling meth have looked up the process. I read about homemade meth someplace and got curious, so I looked. No. Big. Deal. I've also looked up the effects of mixing MDMA with SSRIs (there wasn't much there at the time), the chemical/process difference between crack and freebase cocaine, and countless other "incriminating" things. I must be a really really bad person.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First comment: More information. How old is this kid? Why are you letting them use your computer and you're not watching? Do they have a current drug problem that you're aware of? Has your daughter asked you to purchase copious amounts of cough medicine lately?

^^ LOL! *cough*
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I look up stuff like that all the time out of morbid curiosity... it doesn't mean I have any interest in actually making it. So basically I would react depending on what I know about this person in general. Do they seem like someone who would make drugs? Or do they just seem like someone curious? I would ask about it and gauge their reaction and go from there.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have found out that he has been using my computer to find sites on information on how to make meth. Not sure if he is actually doing this but why else would he be looking up the info?

What I WOULDN'T do is jump to conclusions. Sure, you should keep your eyes open, but if you haven't had any other reason to suspect this before, then you should give him the benefit of the doubt. I've looked up plenty of ridiculous things I've never actually planned on doing just out of curiosity. And if this is the case and you make a rash decision, you risk alienating your daughter and making yourself look like a fool.
    Now, if he HAS given you reasons not to trust him in the past, then I'd say it's not only your right, but obligation as a parent to find out exactly what you're dealing with.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    cause he hates being the only one watching Breaking Bad that keeps having to use google to understand the plot?

cause his buddy told him it comes from cough medicine and he wanted to see if he could call him a retard without being wrong?

cause boys look up weird sht on the internet like pedo jokes, how to build a bomb, dogs pooping on babies, nut shots and where does meth come from?

great, now I have to lookup dogs pooping on babies.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options

So it was OK for your father's wife to be married to a criminal, but not his daughter? LMAO

^^ THIS! I was like uh whats the moral of the story here??? lmao
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    cause he hates being the only one watching Breaking Bad that keeps having to use google to understand the plot?

cause his buddy told him it comes from cough medicine and he wanted to see if he could call him a retard without being wrong?

cause boys look up weird sht on the internet like pedo jokes, how to build a bomb, dogs pooping on babies, nut shots and where does meth come from?

great, now I have to lookup dogs pooping on babies.

LOL!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, I would wait until he comes over again and just flat out ask him. Put him on the spot. See what he says. Could have been just for laughs or possibly a school project. See how he reacts when you ask him about it and then you will have your answer. If that were me, I would be asking immediately.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    They'd be dragging me off the bloody mess I made of him.

This is my first response as well.

Don't be bashful, find out about it. While it could just be curiosity, how old is this kid and why is he doing this on your computer?

Then bury him somewhere remote and untraceable.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    sulfuric acid
    polyethylene barrel

Breaking Bad Style
  • twistofcain
    Options
    I owned the Anarchist Cookbook when I was in high school...never made a bomb or tried to blow up my school.