New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Aright.....I re-did days 1 & 2 of week 3 to get back into the groove after being out two weeks due to the foot. Gonna start week 4 today.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, iceprincess!

Hi, Laura, I started later, too. The more the merrier!

I finally got back on track today, after a forced hiatus. And the gym is open again! Wow, running indoors is SO much easier. Week 3, here I come!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Girls, I just finished week 8 OUTDOORS! I ran 28 minutes non stop!!! I'm s proud of myself.
    I have never done this in my life!!!!!!!!

Week 9 starts this weekend!!! Wooohoo!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Girls, I just finished week 8 OUTDOORS! I ran 28 minutes non stop!!! I'm s proud of myself.
    I have never done this in my life!!!!!!!!

Week 9 starts this weekend!!! Wooohoo!

That's AWESOME!

I just finished week 4 day 2. The last run was killing me but I powered through it.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Finished today, finished today, finished today!!

It was a HARD run -- the hardest I've had, because I've taken almost 1.5 weeks off between TOM & calf soreness/fatigue.
    The only thing that got me through was sheer stubbornness & willpower.

As soon as I stopped, both of my calves seized up into cramps and my legs are telling me now that I may be regretting pushing myself so hard tomorrow, but right now I'm so glad to have finally been able to finish w9d3!
    Now, to work on speed!

:drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    That's awesome jlb. Congratulations!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Way to go, jib!!

Wrapped up week 2 today... I have completely forgotten why I used to hate running.
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    One more day of Week 4 then onto Week 5. I'm getting nervous about the long run.
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Keep up the good work. I will finish next week, pray for me :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    One more day of Week 4 then onto Week 5. I'm getting nervous about the long run.

I have one more day of week 4 also that I will be running on Monday. Starting week 5 on Wednesday! AHHHHH!!!!! I'm totally scared! I just started feeling comfortable with the longer runs in week 4 so hopefully my last day won't be a bear.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    tomorrow I start wk 4 day 1...today I did kickboxing for 50 min...
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Completed W5Day3 today the dreaded 20 minute. I woke up this morning and just decided I was going to do it and I did. Like others have said it really is a mind thing.

On to week 6 Thursday.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Awesome job, Ivy!

I'm supposed to start week 3 tomorrow, but something is seriously up with my left knee. Going to see the doctor today, and I really hope I don't have to stay off it. I get so bored!
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Started week 9 today and had to stop mid way for 2 minutes to go pee!!! Argh, I'm so angry!!!!!!!!
    Can I still count this run??? I ran the rest of it at a faster speed.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Mango, I think it still counts.

Went to see the doctor today about my knee pain. Turns out it's an inflamed ligament, at least according to a brief look-feel test. I'm supposed to take Motrin, ice it every night, and rest it for a week. :sad: I don't want to rest it for a week! I'm only one pound from my first mini goal!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm really late to the party! Had a non running injury keep me out for the last two months and now that I am back together I have challenged my family to complete the couch to 5k with me. We did a trial yesterday and today is the official start of our program. We are on week one so I hope it's ok with everyone here if I join in, late.

Any tips for week one from anyone?

Ok, we are off for day one week one :love:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Sunsh1ne, sorry about your knee. But it's better to rest it for a week than have to sit our for a month or worse.:flowerforyou:

Mango, I'd count it. I skipped finishing four and went on to five. I think as long as you can finish a 5K at the end of the program, it's all good.

welcome nichole
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Awesome job, Ivy!

I'm supposed to start week 3 tomorrow, but something is seriously up with my left knee. Going to see the doctor today, and I really hope I don't have to stay off it. I get so bored!

Oh BOOO! Hope it's not too bad. I had to take 2 weeks off to let my plantar fasciitis heal and that was frustrating. Give your body some time to rest if it needs it.

Last day of Week 4 today!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Ivy!

Oh BOOO! Hope it's not too bad. I had to take 2 weeks off to let my plantar fasciitis heal and that was frustrating. Give your body some time to rest if it needs it.

Last day of Week 4 today!

I have plantar faciatis too and heal spurs to boot (one causes the other) and I was given a two week healing plan and told to get back to walking or running as soon as my heals started feeling better. Lack of movement can make the problem worse. Good luck, I know how irritating any type of injury or set back can be.