New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    W8 Day 2 done. It's amazing how much easier it becomes at the end. I feel like I can do the rest of the days back to back but I won't push it.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D1 of C25K, did 2 miles, and burnt 350 cals.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    W8D3 completed. 3 more runs left.
  • renaegry
    Options
    W8D3 completed. 3 more runs left.

W2G!!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up week 3 today after class. I'm excited! I feel like I might have to repeat this week though. I bought a heart rate monitor over the weekend, and i was shocked to find that my max heart rate was 192, in the red zone. I'm going to try slowing my pace a little and see if that helps.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Finished up week 3 today; slowed down for the longer runs, and it worked out pretty well. Looking forward to week four!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Did W4D2 today and burned 346cals. Definately think I am going to have to do this week over again. I can't quite do the whole week without some modifications. Can't quite seem to jog for 5 min the second time through.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I had to slow it down in week 4 too. I was at the max heart rate also. I did week 4 for 3 weeks and jlb mentioned I move on and slow down. Doing it on the treadmill you feel like you should keep up a certain speed but sometimes you have to slow down. Endurance is more important than speed at this stage.

I am not at home so I probably won't do week 9 until next week. My allergies are killing me. All thsese cherry blossom trees are a nuisance.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    W4D1 kicked my butt today. I managed the first two runs, but during the second 3-minute run, I got a stitch in my side and I had to slow down just to keep breathing. I got that under control, but it killed my second 5-minute run. I just couldn't do it. I tried, and took a break, and tried again, and then just walked the rest of it at a 2% incline. I know exactly why I couldn't do it, though - everything bloomed this week, so I can't breathe real well, and last night I made some bad decisions in the weight room, from which my legs have yet to fully recover. Note to self: only do leg work on Fridays, when I have Saturday to recover before my Sunday run.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed week 4 today. I acutally was able to complete all of day 3 without any modifications. Not sure if I will redo week 4 or give week 5 a shot. Will decide on Sunday.

I walk at anywhere from 3.5-3.7, and job anywhere from 4.5-5.0.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Woo hoo, just completed W5D1.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Congrats!! At this rate you will probably catch up with me. I am at week 9 and holding.
    Woo hoo, just completed W5D1.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 completed after a two week hiatus. Hopefully I can knock one more run out before vacation if not the last two runs will be after vacation!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Back from vacation. W9D2 Done. One more to to go. :bigsmile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    W4D1 kicked my butt again, but I finished all the intervals this time! My legs feel like lead and I couldn't be prouder. The whole final interval, I was fighting with myself "I wanna stop!" "No, keep going! Finish it!" and I was so relieved when I did... now that I've had a shower and a stretch I feel fantastic. (Except when I try to walk faster than a shuffle.)
  • ivykivy
    Options
    My legs used to feel like that too but it went away after week 6 or 7. Actually they felt like that today because I made the stupid mistake of squat with 40lbs.
    [/quote]

W4D1 kicked my butt again, but I finished all the intervals this time! My legs feel like lead and I couldn't be prouder. The whole final interval, I was fighting with myself "I wanna stop!" "No, keep going! Finish it!" and I was so relieved when I did... now that I've had a shower and a stretch I feel fantastic. (Except when I try to walk faster than a shuffle.)

[/quote]
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Well it took me almost four months to finish but I did it! W9D3 Done!!! YES!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    That's fantastic, Ivy, congratulations!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Thanks!
    That's fantastic, Ivy, congratulations!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Did W4D2 and my roommate came along. I realized just how much I rely on it as "me" time because running next to her was not relaxing at all - especially because she decided to start SINGING while she ran. I'm NEVER running with roomie again because even when I asked her to stop, she kept it up. Even after I explained that it's kind of insulting for her to be breezing along at my pace, still hitting the high notes, while I'm really struggling. I usually leave the gym blissed out and tonight I just left mad, not good.