New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Ivy!

Day 2 on the stationary bike and I can't wait to graduate to the elliptical - my butt hurts!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    W7Day1 completed.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D2, burned 280 cals.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been putting off the 20 min run because I'm scared. I made it through the 8 minute intervals no problem but running 20 min straight sounds so scary to me!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Yiippee! Just made it through 20 min straight of running! AWESOME!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Double post.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Way to go! It's not as hard as we make it out to be. Mind over matter.
    Yiippee! Just made it through 20 min straight of running! AWESOME!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    W7D2 completed.

It seems the herd is thinning.:laugh:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    W7D3 Completed on to W8 Thurs. I guess it's just me talking to myself:laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'll talk to you!! :laugh:
    I felt stagnant -- just being able to run longer and longer times, but not being able to run faster, really. So I kicked my butt into gear and now I've started going back through C25K with 2 running speeds. I was jogging 40+ minutes at like 3.7mph. I'm going through week 3 again at a jogging speed of 3.8mph and a running speed of 5.1mph -- I add a couple more intervals to it so that I don't lose my endurance/stamina. Much better! The "I'm gonna puke" feeling is back and it feels great. :wink: I feel a lot of improvement with every speed workout. So far, I recommend this as a way to work on speed after completing C25K. Then again, I'm definitely no expert.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I finally got back off the bench! My knees are doing better so I redid w2d3 yesterday, and I'm psyched to start w3 tomorrow. Plus, I found a training goal! There's this race in New Yor this October, that's a regular 5K plus obstacles. http://www.downanddirtymudrun.com/ny.cfm It sounds like a lot of fun, and it supports a great charity, so I'm going to register for it once I finish C25K. (I want to make sure I can do it before I pay $40)
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Jlb, i found a program by jeff galloway that I intend to start on saturday. It's a 30 sec run 30 sec walk.

sunshine glad you have healed.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Finally finishe W3D3 of C25K. Burnt 361 cals, and did 2 miles.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    W3d1 delayed... I was supposed to go to the gym after class, but instead I spent two hours running around my campus looking for my cell phone. At least someone found it, and I'm getting it back tomorrow.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Normally i can't find time to work out on Wednesdays, but today I didn't have any homework and decided to go to the gym instead of dinner... Good choice! I did w3d1 and I managed to run the 3-minute cycles solid, in spite of myself. :smile:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    That is awesome! I would have chosen the dinner:laugh:
    Normally i can't find time to work out on Wednesdays, but today I didn't have any homework and decided to go to the gym instead of dinner... Good choice! I did w3d1 and I managed to run the 3-minute cycles solid, in spite of myself. :smile:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    W8D1 finished. Only 5 more runs or jogs left. I will be out of town next week and away from my treadmill, I'm scared I will lose my mojo. Does running in circles around the room count? I thought about running outside but I've never done it before and don't want to do it. Maybe I can find an indoor track? Perhaps I'll just do the leslie one mile jog dvd and hopefully that will keep me on track. I'm rambling. ... to myself :laugh:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Google maps can help you find a school with a track nearby. Type in your location and "search nearby" for high schools, colleges, and universities. Start with the nearest one, and switch over to street or satellite view to see if it has a track. I'm running on a track while I'm home this weekend. :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I was feeling all alone on here as well a wee bit ago! So I crashed the Spring C25K thread. :laugh:

I've got a cold so No running for me. Week 6 Day 2 is waiting for me.......
  • ivykivy
    Options
    It would be nice if a running nose burned calories:laugh: Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou: