A NEAT way to increase your metabolism.

Options

Replies

• highlandpony2002
    Options
    do you need to do more than your usual exercise for this to work for the past 20 years I have walked about two miles poo picking the ponies field and filling water etc this is a normal activity along with walking the dog everyday I would surely need to walk the dog further and do some other exercise to increase my calorie usage or is it not true that your body gets used to the usual and stops being as effective. I eat under 1300 cals a day and need to lose at least another 10 kgs preferably more. I am chair bound the rest of the day as I am in constant pain due to needing a knee replacement following a broken leg injury.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    *kitten* (for me :blushing: ) and *kitten* in one post - love it.

Hug4.gif
    wiggle.gif

And because it needed to be done:

FapSmiley2.gif

Awesome!!
  • LisaMarie_13
    Options
    or whether or not you should load your breakfast with cinnamon and hotsauce
    You should load your breakfast with hotsauce though. Not for weight loss, just on principal.

As long as that hot sauce is Sriracha!

MMMM, Sriracha!! :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Completely agree, great post Side :)
    NEAT allows me to maintain on 3000 calories. Why deprive yourself when using the stairs instead the elevator allows you to pig out LIKE A BOSS ?

BAH! 3000?!? That's my cut...

With cardio anyways :wink:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    FapSmiley2.gif
    It had to be quoted. It's addorable :happy:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love football, and I love working out. So I'm gonna run on the treadmill while MNF is on. Win, win!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You are SO right! And, what I found is, the more weight I lost, the more I felt like moving around. It's all good and possible, even for those who can't make it to the gym, like me!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My new guy is going to make me so skinny!
    He's going to make you *kitten*, or...?
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my mom is in the same boat (ms and a wheelchair) so lately i suggested things like punches, when a commercial comes on, or you just take a rest, punch it out! side crunches, she is working on touching the bottom of the wheel on each side then does a bicep curl before coming back up. her physio approved both of these for her. there's lots of little things that you can do sitting that are NEAT especially when you can make a game of it!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I work on the 5th floor of my office building. Those stairs kick my butt at least 3 times a day :bigsmile:
  • Josherrific
    Options
    one dilema tho! (ohhh and here comes the negative bird with too much time on her hands!!) I am disabled, I can't walk far, nor stand for long either... any ideas for the waist upwards???

Maybe you can clap to some music, or roll your hips in a chair?
    Move your neck back and forth, throw your hands in the air?
    Reach high for an apple, but don't climb up that tree,
    You may have your limits, but keep moving, it's free.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great post. thanks :)
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    one dilema tho! (ohhh and here comes the negative bird with too much time on her hands!!) I am disabled, I can't walk far, nor stand for long either... any ideas for the waist upwards???

Someone said keep your hands busy and I totally agree! I knit while I watch TV to keep myself busy. My hands are constantly moving and I have to hold my arms up straight, and though it's not much it's also not nothing. It also helps to curb snack attacks from being bored (idle hands are the devil's play thing!). Any kind of crafting could be good to stay busy and somewhat active- check Pinterest and see what strikes your fancy!

Spin with a hand spindle. It uses a lot of arm muscles, and when you're done you have a strand of wool yarn you can ply with another and use to knit or crochet something. Plus it's very meditative and soothing.
  • zan1966
    Options
    Hi!

My recommendation to you would be to have light weights about 2 lbs. Do arm lifts and bicep and tricep curls during commercials while watching tv. Alternate the excercies with each commercial.. Remember when your arms are higher then your heart... you burn more calories..

I hope this helps, infact this isnt just for people that are disabled! I do this too during commercials and end up doing a good resistence workout in an hour long show!

Take care
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Punches perhaps??
  • jmcrmc
    jmcrmc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    love it, great advice!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Too much common sense in this post!

Lol, yes :)
  • kattiek
    Options
    So simple and yet effective advice. I find this to be common sense, but I guess some just don't think about it. Humans were meant to move! :happy: