Dating and kids

Options
123457»

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i would but i don't think i'm ready to raise kids yet. Maybe if i didn't have to raise them then yes haha
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i don't see how children are a factor.

if you like the person, why is it an issue if they have kids already?

to me, it's pretty shallow not to date someone for that reason.

Its not shallow. If you don't want something in your life, you should'nt have to have it. I don't want children in my life-mine or someone elses so I would'nt pursue a relationship with someone who had children.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Yes & my husband did. I had an almost 3yo son when we met. A month later we were married & 16 years later HE is who my son has always called dad.
    awesome!!:)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No. I don't have children of my own. I don't think I want children of my own, so to take on someone else's... No.
    I wouldn't even consider starting a relationship with someone who had kids, full custody or not.

I have friends who've been in relationships with people who had children from previous relationships. Not one of those relationships has worked out. A lot of that has been because of drama with the other parent, but in a couple of cases it was also that they found it difficult to accept a child that wasn't theirs.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who has kids already. If that person means that much to you, then you'll take them and anything with them, under your wing.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I would insist that boundaries be set. My parents rule was that no one was to meet us until they were dating exclusively for at least 6 months, and after that no sleep overs while we were there until after they were married. Even if that wasn't their rule, it would be mine. I love kids, and if I clicked with the kids it would break my heart if the relationship didn't work out, and I would be afraid that I would stay with a man just because of my attachment to his kids.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who has kids already. If that person means that much to you, then you'll take them and anything with them, under your wing.

This
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am in this situation right now, I am going through a divorce and have a 3 year old son... I actually prefer to date someone else with a child... Why?? Because they know how to have patience, the experience of raising a child, the responsibility it entails, etc... Now if one doesn't have one it is a HUGE step....
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am going through a divorce now and am not sure how long I will wait to date. I'm worried I won't be able to get a date since I have 3 kids. Its all overwhelming...:sigh: