Which body lotion do you use?

Options

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Palmers cocoa butter is the best body lotion since sliced bread, smells great is really thick and creamy and is better than some of the more expensive ones I've used ie clinique etc.

Bio oil and argan oil is pretty good too but i'd only buy if they were on at half price.

Yep. I've used a lot of other body lotions, and nothing has EVER gotten rid of the dry patches on my upper arms. But Palmer's did. My skin is really soft and glowy and it's like, $3.

I'm not actually in love with the smell - it smells GOOD, but I don't always want to smell like chocolate. But I find that the scent seems to wear off after a few hours (or maybe I'm just really used to it).
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    OMG, how did I not see that this thread was ancient? Oh, well. Still relevant.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sublog wrote: »
    35x7i6.jpg

This is exactly what pops into my head everyone I see the thread title. OP, I rarely use lotion, unless I'm looking flaky or feeling itchy. I'm just too lazy to bother.

I can't exist without moisturising after a shower, I feel like Cassandra:

tumblr_mwkkt2cK4z1r8nliio1_500.jpg

That is such an amazing picture of you! :tongue:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,138 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Yeah I know ... zombie thread ...

But ...

Which body lotion do you use?

None.

Absolutely not.

No way am I putting all that goop on me. I do not want to go through my day feeling greasy and horrible and itchy and icky. I have never liked lotion.

I dont mind lotioning the stems if Im wearing shorts,summertime,etc.

But I feel you. You know whats equally as awful.
    Shower, shave, lotion- then dressing- even in pjs or wrapping in my robe.
    Heebeejeebees to the max.
    No matter how long I wait - let it dry- blah blah blah its clinging to my skin. Reminds me of putting on damp clothes. Just no.

About all I'll do is to put on sunscreen ... and I had to hunt high and low for a sunscreen that would go on dry.

Even using that antibacterial hand sanitiser stuff is a bit ick ... if I use it, I'll usually wash it off about 30 minutes later.

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    How does one stumble upon a zombie thread about lotion?

I think OP came back to update on her miracle cure..haha

Oh I see that now, LOL.
    Well, you know what they say about coconut oil *queue angel chorus*..... its everything.

I saw on another thread that coconut oil also mows your lawn and does your taxes. Miracle cures FTW!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    CeraVa is the best..has a patented formula that locks in moisture .. you put it on right after your shower. My husbands Derm reccomened it to him for his dry skin and Dr. said it was the best cream out there...and it is! Walgreens.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use body oil instead of lotion. I don't mind the greasy feel as it sinks in eventually. Sometimes if I'm in a rush i skip that step and make a homemade sugar scrub for the shower (sugar, sunflower oil and essential oil or some green tea) and use that after gel so my moisturising is done before I've even turned the shower off. Sometimes laziness wins!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Oh I see that now, LOL.
    Well, you know what they say about coconut oil *queue angel chorus*..... its everything.

I saw on another thread that coconut oil also mows your lawn and does your taxes. Miracle cures FTW!

It also calls in sick to work for me.

THANK YOU COCONUT OIL!!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Oh I see that now, LOL.

It also calls in sick to work for me.

THANK YOU COCONUT OIL!!

Will it change my cat's litter tray? Because that would be awesome.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Plain Vitamin E oil (sometimes mixed with an essential oil) or BioOil (if my purse is feeling too heavy).
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil after a shower, then pat dry -- especially when it's cold out. I also use their face oil in the morning. Plus I use Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion in the morning and before bed on my extremities (Suave makes a similar lotion that's good too, and cheaper).

When you get past a certain age, everything starts drying out and your skin feels terrible if you don't keep it adequately moisturized. Note that I'm the only man admitting to moisturizing -- I bet there are others out there moisturizing but they're too chicken to own up to it!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Alba botanical very emollient body lotion. Found it at target. Unscentrd original really is unscented. Loads of natural oils and extracts. Absorbs fast. Not greasy. 100% vegetarian. No animal testing. Artificial colors, parabens. Phthalates, sodium laurel/laureth sulfate or sodium myreth sulfate.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    @vingogly
    My husband uses moisturiser ever day too - he's a fan of sorbolene lotion.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    CeraVa is the best..has a patented formula that locks in moisture .. you put it on right after your shower. My husbands Derm reccomened it to him for his dry skin and Dr. said it was the best cream out there...and it is! Walgreens.

Another vote for CeraVe. Unscented, not greasy, makes my skin stay moisturized. It's the best. Not expensive either. I use it on my face, and can use it on my whole body without worrying about cost.
  • tebasile27
    tebasile27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TrueLipids. I use it on my face and its ingredients create a safe environment for skin to heal. I used to have a red oily face all the time and now my face is normal.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This thread motivated me to go out and seriously look at lotions (cocoa butter), it was always whatever was available and I never really felt moisturized. The other day, I picked up Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant. Found it on sale; $4 was reasonable to give it a shot. I use it once a day (right after drying off from a shower), not feeling the need to reapply. It smells A-MA-ZING!
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When my skin gets very dry in the winter, I use Nivea in shower lotion.

Ooh. I like the look of that. My skin does get very dry, but I dislike the stickiness of normal body lotion.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter is my favorite. A coworker of mine recommended the Nevia in shower lotion to me yesterday but I haven't tried it yet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Because I have a dry skin issue, I personally use Jergens Shea butter daily. Works for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    This reminds me I need to see if Elemis brought back that limited edition body oil that was amazing from a deal a few years ago. Miss that stuff.

Otherwise I use Amlactin for my KP, brilliant stuff. Has a chemically smell when you apply it but it disappears quickly. If I'm feeling fancy and have some, I'll do the fragrance layering thing and use a body lotion after that matches my perfume (usually one of the Philosophy Grace range). If anyone is feeling generous I'd like to upgrade to Jo Malone ;)

But unlike my face I'm not over fussed about my body, other than the KP I don't have body skin issues so as long as it smells nice and absorbs quickly I'm good. I'm also lazy so don't apply every day, even though I should really with the Amlactin (my legs are not happy with winter and stress).