OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi gals, I lost 2 pounds of the 5 I was up. I am claiming it though cause I worked very hard for it! My hubby lost a pound this week as well. The man is 1 pound closer to getting off some meds.

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    momoftwo29: What percentage is that?
    jlb123: 1.30%
    snowflakes: .98%
    momma2four: .79%
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone on dropping those lbs. :)

Snowflakes - Congrats on beeing overweight !!!!
    Momma - Nice 40lb loss ...go girl :) Congats to your hubby too. My hubby is doing this with me , i think he has lost about 20 lbs. Secretlly i want to loose more ..I started out weighting more than him ugggg...I have this thing i am supposed to weight less than him.
    Jib - WTg on the 3.0 loss and being our biggest looser thus far :):)

It is freaking cold here...I am in tx...and it isn't supposed to be this cold....today it is 16 with a wind chill of 2.....i am soo ready for spring.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    lildeb, I weigh more than my hubby and he is a good sized guy. He is suppose to be bigger than me since he is a lot taller than I am. When we walk I think I just want my shadow to be skinnier than his. I am sure he does too, but he never says that he just encourages me to keep going. When I met him he could pick me up. Now he would break his back:laugh:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 199 today so I'll just count the 1 pound loss! I drove into work so I can use the same scale but in my defense I'm wearing layers!!! (I did take my winter boots off before I got on the scale!:wink: ) I suppose I also drove into work so I can work - where are my priorities?:laugh:

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
  • lildebbie
    Options
    lildeb, I weigh more than my hubby and he is a good sized guy. He is suppose to be bigger than me since he is a lot taller than I am. When we walk I think I just want my shadow to be skinnier than his. I am sure he does too, but he never says that he just encourages me to keep going. When I met him he could pick me up. Now he would break his back:laugh:

Right now we are pretty close lb to lb ..i am only like 1 lb or two below him. My hubby is a big guy he is 6'3 and wears 13 or 14 shooes. He won't ever be small..He thinks that even if he looses all his weight he will still be in a 2x due to his broad shoulders. We think he will be good at 220 or so. I want to be able to wear his clothes and they be big on me...not that i can't wear them hahaha. NOt that i am a petite person at any means...i am 5'7 (he says 5'8 not sure why) and wear size 11 shoes....but we are doing this together and it makes that much better.

That is good you have such a supportive husband. I feel soo lucky to have one. Just think maybe you could walk in front of him someday soon and not even see your show just his :)
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1.57% weight loss for my week! 255.2 to 251.2! Hooray! I'm almost to 250! I havent been that light since college.

Way to go everyone! Snowflakes, good job on getting to the overweight catagory. That word is like music to my ears! :laugh: Jlb, you amaze me every week loosing so much, you're always such an inspiration

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%
  • Momma2four
    Options

Right now we are pretty close lb to lb ..i am only like 1 lb or two below him. My hubby is a big guy he is 6'3 and wears 13 or 14 shooes. He won't ever be small..He thinks that even if he looses all his weight he will still be in a 2x due to his broad shoulders. We think he will be good at 220 or so. I want to be able to wear his clothes and they be big on me...not that i can't wear them hahaha. NOt that i am a petite person at any means...i am 5'7 (he says 5'8 not sure why) and wear size 11 shoes....but we are doing this together and it makes that much better.

That is good you have such a supportive husband. I feel soo lucky to have one. Just think maybe you could walk in front of him someday soon and not even see your show just his :)

I hope so. When I was pregnant with our oldest daughter I use to wear His Ren and Stempy t-shirt to bed because it was so big on me. I wore it all the way to the day I delivered. Now that shirt would be too small for me:sad: Your husband is good sized 220 would probably be a good size. My hubby needs to get to 190-200 and he looks REAL good:love: He weighs 227.8 right now.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    1.57% weight loss for my week! 255.2 to 251.2! Hooray! I'm almost to 250! I havent been that light since college.

Way to go everyone! Snowflakes, good job on getting to the overweight catagory. That word is like music to my ears! :laugh: Jlb, you amaze me every week loosing so much, you're always such an inspiration

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You GO!!! Great Job. You will probably be our biggest loser this week. I think we have just a couple more girls to weigh in. Be thinkin of a good challenge for us. WOW, I am really proud of you!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I made someone mad on another post. I was getting tired of this forum popping to the top of "my topics" Then I would go read it and it would be the same things being repeated. At one point some people were bad talking each other back and forth. There were some valid points, but the forum was getting off subject then back on subject, So I posted that it should just die no one is going to agree 100 %, let it die peacefully. Someone posted again so I quoted myself and said "Just a reminder, let it die:sick: " So that person responded again with a ton of "perhaps" and I could tell she was angry so I said "Perhaps, you are right:flowerforyou: " and I was just going to leave it at that and make friends, (even though I was being a little naughty by using the word perhaps) Then I edited it and added " But I still think we are beating the subject to death:sick: " Just thought I would share, I feel kind of bad for making the lady mad.:ohwell:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You GO!!! Great Job. You will probably be our biggest loser this week. I think we have just a couple more girls to weigh in. Be thinkin of a good challenge for us. WOW, I am really proud of you!!!

Thanks Momma! Wow, I didnt realize i was in the lead untill you pointed it out....:blushing: wow I never win anything. Is there any limitations to the challenges or something that I should address with it?
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It feels good to be losing again! I lost 2.4 pounds this week (1.5 was what I gained during the holidays...but it is gone now!)

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%
    jennbarrette .97%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Here are my stats for yesterday, 1/7/2010:
    Calories: Stayed under and didn't eat my exercise calories, leaving me with 800+ calories left at the end of the day.
    Exercise: Week 6, Day 2 of Couch to 5K (40 minutes)
    Water: 72 oz.
    Proud: That even after my DQ sundae, I still had calories left over!!
    Today's weight: 201 lb., so 0% weight loss.

lstpaul: The cardio kickboxing DVD I use is called 10 Minute Knockout Body, which you can buy in the sporting goods section of Walmart. It comes with the DVD, which is five separate 10 minute segments that you can mix and match to your own time and preferences. It also comes with weighted gloves and cost $15. A great deal if you ask me because it's fun!

lildebbie: Congrats on getting into a smaller jean size. Like you, I can fit into the next size down but they're just a bit too tight to wear all day. I'm hoping it won't be much longer, though, for both of us!!

mstahl: I know what you man about wings! Tonight I am most likely having boneless buffalo wings but am going to enter everything this afternoon so I know what I can have for lunch so I don't go over. I plan on making my boyfriend workout with me tonight, too!

Have a great day!
    Heather
  • Momma2four
    Options

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%

Thanks Momma! Wow, I didnt realize i was in the lead untill you pointed it out....:blushing: wow I never win anything. Is there any limitations to the challenges or something that I should address with it?

You pick the challenge, I will give you some examples that we have had in the past few weeks. This last week was exercising 60 mins 5x this week. We had a "no excuses" challenge in Dec. We have also had arm toning exercises one week. So it is really up to the biggest loser.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Congrats Jenn, you have come a looooooooong way. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    COngrats Mari on the huge weight Loss this week !!!!

Jenn - You are sooo awesome...i can't wait till they day i can say i have lost 65 lbs (that is my 6 yr old )...you lost my child ...okay i am giddy today.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%
    jennbarrette .97%
    hajohnson24: 0%

MariSama44, you are still in the lead. Just a couple more girls. I think Rororosie, Awestfall, and we need the percentage for momoftwo.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm so proud of you ladies! We had kind of a bum week last week and we all kicked it into gear and had a FANTASTIC week this week! :bigsmile:

And MariSama, here I was thinking I might be the biggest loser this week and you blew me out of the water. YOU'RE the inspiration. :smile:

Snowflakes, so awesome you're overweight! I have so much to lose before I get there (about 50 pounds). But, I'll be there before I know it. I haven't weighed under 180 since I was probably 11 or 12... The smallest I've been as an adult is about 210 (which was 195 according to my old scale). I love standing on my old scale now -- I weigh like 213 on it. :tongue: Which means I'm the same size I was the summer AFTER I panicked about gaining 20 pounds of the 40 I had lost the year before and tried Nutrisystem. That was about 2 months before I started dating my bf.

And I can definitely relate to weighing more than your man. My bf has lost around 15-20 pounds. When I started I weighed over 270. He weighed 225 (so he claims -- I don't know how it's possible) and he's 8 inches taller than I am. Now I weigh about 227 and he weighs 208. I'm going to catch him. And SOON! :happy: He's almost 6' and when we met he weighed about 180. :love: I drooled over him for over a year (I had met him at an Independence Day party at a friend's house the year before & I was buddies with his brother who was the bartender/manager of my favorite bar in town). He lived over 2 hours away and the next summer I heard he was moving back up here & would be roommates with my best guy friend. It was ON. :laugh: I was at their apartment nearly every night wishing something would happen & then we finally had the night where everyone else goes to bed or goes home & we stayed up all night talking & then went for breakfast at Waffle House. Scott constantly refers to WH as our first date. :laugh: Classy. Oh, I got sidetracked.. He said the best shape he's been in was right after boot camp when he weighed 170. I already have a hard enough time keepin my hands off of him... If he lost 30 more pounds I don't know what I would do. :blushing:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    So disappointed in myself I have gained 2 pounds back since Monday.I don't know if its possible that it is muscle or just water.I ten to retain water when I am getting ready to ovulate so that may be it.Anyways I am 233 this morning instead of 231 or lower.It frustrates me that I have worked so hard and lost nothing but I am not going to give up.I feel bad this morning so I think I am going to take a break on exercise today on the elliptical and I am just going to "tidy" the house back up.I will start losing I just know I will.I am going to keep fighting.
    Zora-Thanks for always having something nice to say to me.You are such a sweetie and you are doing an amazing job as well.You inspire me to keep going.
    Momma-You are inspiring to me as well with always pushing me to keep going.Thanks so much.
    Momoftwo-Great Job on the weight loss this week.
    Jbl-You bring it every week.Lookk at you the pounds just keep falling off.Keep it up!!!
    Istpaul-Keep up the great work
    Mari-Great Job on being our biggest loser thus far.
    hajohnson-Keep it up you will see some results soon.
    Lildebbie-Way to go on the weight loss
    Jenn-I am with lildebbie on her comment.I can't wait to say I have lost 65 pounds.YOU ROCK GIRL!! Keep it up!!

Anyone I forgot I am sorry.I think you all are amazing group of ladies and you all inspire me to continue fighting for what I want everyday.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    My husband and I have our own Husband/wife biggest loser competition going on:blushing: Lucky me I won this week.:blushing:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yay! My Christmas and New Years pounds are off!

LilDebbie .87%
    Coloradogirl 0 for a 0%
    mstahl .5%
    MariSama44 1.57%
    jennbarrette .97%
    hajohnson24: 0%
    Stephanie08: -3 = 1.42%

MariSama44 still in the lead!