What is with all the stipulations when friending someone?

Options

Replies

• Girl_Bomb
    Options
    All I care about is that the person is eating enough to fuel their bodies properly
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone, but I do like to know why they friend me so we start off with something to talk about lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you have to be friends with everyone here.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If I just walked up to you and started touching your pecs, would you consider me a friend?

I'd touch yours back.

I approve of this friendship.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yeah..... that's way too complicated. If you're hot it's motivation & a YES! :)

edit : but..... I usually don't accept if their profile's not OPEN to read about them

Right now is as good of time as any to OPEN my profile :bigsmile:

lol, never too late
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you have to be friends with everyone here.

Dammit. ;)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    As long as they are friends with Brett, they must be good people.
    Yes, that is referred to as the hero trump card \m/

*slapfight* Stop this both of you! No one friend me! I won't accept, you hear me!

*whew* looks like I got on the Epic FL just in time then!

Also - I do enjoy a good message during the friending process - Let me know why me, or where you've seen me to prompt such a request - it helps break they ice.

Or junk pics, those work too...
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Because they can.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    B is weird for me! One person has
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    who are you to tell me who i should and should not let into my life???? I think it's perfectly ok for people to set their own boundaries. It's healthy.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

*slapfight* Stop this both of you! No one friend me! I won't accept, you hear me!

*whew* looks like I got on the Epic FL just in time then!

Also - I do enjoy a good message during the friending process - Let me know why me, or where you've seen me to prompt such a request - it helps break they ice.

good thing I didn't have to go that route.....\m/
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

^^That's how I get friends.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    got me. I don't except people without messages.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    What is with all the stipulations when friending someone on here?

I have read on many people bios that you…..A) Have to send them a message when friending them; of when and why your friending them. B) You can’t have too less of a calorie intake C)You have to log in all the time unless you have a excuse, D) Be a frequent commenter E)You have to engage with the person on a regular basis F)No people with a eating disorder.

WOW! That’s a lot of stipulations of being ones interwebs friend. I am new here but I guess there are many who have ed's that you have to put that in your bio? Are these stipulations common to being ones friend on here? Or are these people extreme?

i think people want someone whos in the same position as them and ive unfreinded people who have ed ... i use to and i dont need to see that stuff im trying to do this the healthy way. iwant people who eat a normal amount of calories maybe i can get help by reading their diarys ect and i delete people if they dont log in for 2 months .. not very saportive ...
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me :)
    I don't mind.
    If people want to loose the weight by being unhealthy that is entirely up to them.
    As far as I'm aware this site is all about advice and support, not about judging anyone for the choices that they make :)

My diaries are closed, sorry but don't need anyone to tell me on days where I don't feel well and haven't ate that much that I am being "dangerously unhealthy" ... yeah pal ok.....

Easy Osy!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, after a year and a half of logging in, WHY people have so many stipulations but I still friend everyone that asks me to... and then if they are a complete weirdo, we just don't mesh, or whatever reason I choose, I delete if necessary :)
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What is with all the stipulations when friending someone on here?

I have read on many people bios that you…..A) Have to send them a message when friending them; of when and why your friending them. B) You can’t have too less of a calorie intake C)You have to log in all the time unless you have a excuse, D) Be a frequent commenter E)You have to engage with the person on a regular basis F)No people with a eating disorder.

WOW! That’s a lot of stipulations of being ones interwebs friend. I am new here but I guess there are many who have ed's that you have to put that in your bio? Are these stipulations common to being ones friend on here? Or are these people extreme?

Totally get this!!! Some people almost give you the impression that they're "too good" for you and that they're doing you a favour. Its a bit arrogant and gross to me.
  • Droope2
    Options
    Not for me, I'll be happy to friend anyone looking for support. Some may have just had bad experiences or could just be looking for people who are on the same regimen they are on!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Because I keep my friends list manageable. The point is to support one another. I read people's dairies, make motivational comments, and try to help with problems. I expect the same in return. Otherwise you might just as well chat on the message boards, surely? I know I can only keep up with about 40 people on here; if people drop out, as they do sometimes, then I'll add people, but I look for people who are going to be active friends and with whom I have something in common. Makes sense to me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Too many creepers! Plus you are known by the company you keep.

i agree with low-riding underwear guy.