What is with all the stipulations when friending someone?

Options

Replies

• jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I dunno; I'm just here to get a date.

sike.

I get it, but I don't discriminate. Then again, i dont get a **** ton of FR anyways. womp womp.
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    I'm new, but it only took me 2 weeks to realize that I don't want an MFP friend if they never use their food diary. I'm not talking missing a day here or there. . . I'm talking about not having anything entered for months. This isn't Facebook for me.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with wanting to be friends with like-minded people? I don't add people just to have a giant FL. I prefer people I can relate to.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have 0 stipulations.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Anyone and everyone is welcome to friend me. I decline no one.

Now.....once we're friends, if you don't log in for 3 months or if you're just sort of annoying....I may delete you. Nothing personal. :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was weird that a woman would post a pic of herself in her underwear and then imply I wasn't good enough to be her friend, but there are so many godawful sickos in this world that I kind of understand it now.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    personal preference, maybe they don't want their list getting out of control, so they can't keep up with and support their friends
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Would you walk up next to a person and not say a word and expect them to consider you a friend? Same thing here.

Of course I would.....because I'm awesome :laugh:
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    I don't have any needy friends in real life, nor do I have them on mfp. I don't comment all the time, and it doesn't bother me if no one comments on my updates either.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I find all the stipulations rather odd and amusing. I decided the best thing to do was to put a few disclaimers in my profile, so that the stipulation people know right away that I will not necessarily log food every single day, and that I won't necessarily eat more than 1200 calories every single day, and my diet won't always be gloriously healthy!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Would you walk up next to a person and not say a word and expect them to consider you a friend? Same thing here.

This!!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I only charge a small amount, usually I accept notes in the post, so that works well for me
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Too many creepers! Plus you are known by the company you keep.

i bet i can pick out the pic that makes them creep!
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It's the same as the men on here only having half naked women as friends...

I don't know why.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    If I just walked up to you and started touching your pecs, would you consider me a friend?

I'd touch yours back.

I approve of this friendship.

:stands around waiting with pecs hanging out:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It's only polite to introduce yourself if you expect to be friends with someone. Personally, if you don't care enough to say hello when you ask to be my friend, I don't care enough to accept the request. ETA: The kiss of death is a closed profile with no message, that's just creepy.

People here are looking for likeminded support, so if they are active on MFP they want friends who will be the same. I don't think it's arrogant at all, it is good to let others know what kind of support community you are building so that they know right up front whether they will enjoy being part of that community.

Probably a lot of those requirements come from deleting people who didn't end up fitting well with them/their personalities, and they just want to save the trouble of doing that.
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Too many creepers! Plus you are known by the company you keep.

i bet i can pic out the pic that makes them creep!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    my thing is you can friend request me all you want but if you dont log in or talk to me then i delete. just because there are many people that do truely want motivation and give motivation. just my opinion.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I had a bad experience on a different site so I want to know that the person friending me is real. If there's no history of posting on their page, they don't have any friends, and there's no picture and no message I'll sit on the request for a while to see if anything about that changes. I post personal things on my wall.