Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and Cheese, Crock-Pot Style
    Nutrition Info
    • Calories: 271.2
    • Fat: 6.3g
    • Carbohydrates: 29.9g
    • Protein: 23.4g
    Ingredients
    Barilla Elbow Macaroni, 8 oz
    1 can fat-free evaporated milk
    1 cup of fat-free milk
    2 large eggs
    3 cups of low-fat Cheddar or Colby Cheese (divided)
    1/4 tsp. Salt
    1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    1. Spary inside of cooker with nonfat cooking spray. Then, in cooker, combine lightly cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, 2 cups cheddar or colby cheese, and salt.
    2. Top with remaining cheddar and Parm.
    3. Cover. Cook on low 3 hours.

Number of Servings: 8

Crock Pot Cheese Burgers
    Nutrition Info
    • Calories: 339.2
    • Fat: 12.8g
    • Carbohydrates: 31.9g
    • Protein: 23.8g
    Ingredients
    Velveeta Light Cheese Product, 6 oz
    Morningstar Farms "Burger" Crumbles, 2 cup
    Salt, .5 tsp
    Pepper, black, .5 tsp
    Onions, raw, .5 cup, chopped
    Garlic, 2 cloves
    *Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns, 4 rolls
    Directions
    Brown Morning Star Crumbles with garlic and onion in a skillet

Combine cooked meat and all remaining ingredients in crockpot

Mix well and cook on low 2-3 hours

Serve on a hamburger bun.

Number of Servings: 4

Crock Pot Marinara w.Squash
    Nutrition Info
    • Calories: 35.0
    • Fat: 0.8g
    • Carbohydrates: 6.9g
    • Protein: 1.2g
    Ingredients
    1-#10 can Crushed Tomatos
    1-32 oz can Tomato Sauce (no sugar added)
    1-6 oz can Tomato Paste
    1 cup White [cooking] wine
    1/4 cup Basil
    1/4 cup Oregano
    1/4 cup Sugar
    3 Tbs Olive Oil
    3 Medium sized Yellow Onions
    7 cloves of Garlic
    3 c. chopped Zucchini
    1 c. chopped Yellow Squash
    Directions
    Combine crushed tomato, tomato paste, tomato sauce, cooking wine, basil, oregano and sugar in large (8qt) crock-pot.

In large sauce pan, saute chopped onions and garlic cloves until tender. Add zucchini and squash and cook until tender. Puree this cooked mixture in food processor or with wand mixer and add to crock pot.

Cook for 4-6 hours on low for flavors to meld. Can be cooked on stove top on low temprature under constant supervision to avoid burning on the bottom for less time.

Serving Size: 1/2 cup

Number of Servings: 72
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com I am currently making the pork carnitas slow cooker recipe and they are fabulous. My family loves it. I have also made the chicken pot pie soup and again it was good. She has easy to follow low fat recipes. Good luck!

I second her page. I have tried several things (including the CP meals) and they are all delicious!

yep, love SkinnyTaste!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Chicken taco stew.

2 -3 cans of low sodium diced tomatoes
    1- can of black beans
    frozen corn (however much or little you like.
    1 can of green chilis
    1 - packet of taco seasoning
    2-3 chicken breasts

put everything in the crockpot minus the chicken. Do not drain the cans. Once everything has been added and is mixed place the chicken on top of the mixture cover and I set mine for 7 hours on low. Before serving shred the chicken and mix. Serve with lowfat cheese, light sour cream or tortillas. Or eat by itself my whole family loves it including my son (he is 8). The amount that this makes will usually feed my family of 3 dinner twice and lunch for hubby a couple of days. So if you have a larger family just add more.

made this saturday and it was awesome. i served mine over rice...
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    bump
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    you're going to love mine. as easy as they get.

chicken breasts. 4-6 works well for me, in my 4qt crock
    salsa. usually 1-2 jars.
    5-6 hours on low... but you really can't go wrong with this, as long as theres still liquid in the pot. shred it with 2 forks when it's done.
    tacos, burritos, rice bowls, etc
    YUM.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yummy. I need to try all these.
  • hauer01
    Options
    Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot

1 Whole chicken
    thyme
    salt
    pepper
    1 can chicken broth
    1/2 onion
    1 carrot cut in 2 pieces
    1 celery cut in 2 pieces

remove any gizzards or whatever else is in the chicken cavity, rinse and pat chicken dry. Place onion, carrot, and celery in cavity and put chicken in crock pot. Pour broth on and around chicken and sprinkle about 1 tsp thyme, and how ever much salt and pepper you want. Cook for about 8-10 hours on low. Left overs make great chicken noodle soup. I usually drain the broth and use it for the soup also.

Beef stew

1 lb. stew meat
    2 potatoes
    4 carrots
    1 onion
    1 lg can diced tomatoes
    salt, pepper, garlic

layer the ingredients and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.

Creamy Beef over noodles

The Ingredients.

--2 lbs stew meat
    --2 T butter
    --1/4 cup soy milk
    --1 T gluten free worcestershire sauce
    --1 T black pepper
    --2 T dried minced onion
    --1/4 cup beef broth
    --1/2 t kosher salt
    --1 t herbs de provence
    --1/2 block of cream cheese (not pictured)

The Directions.
    I plopped the frozen meat into the crockpot---it was so frozen that it stood up, so I poked at it with a wooden spoon until it behaved and stayed inside.
    We were on the way to swim lessons, so I didn't do anything at all except for dump everything on top. I have no idea in which order, it really doesn't matter. Don't put in the cream cheese yet---save it for later.
    Cook on low for 10-12 hours. I cooked this for 10, then tasted the broth. I liked it, but felt like it needed something---like cream cheese.
    Squeeze in a half block of cream cheese, and stir until it is incorporated.
    Serve over hot pasta. We had Trader Joe's Brown Rice fussili. yum.

Crock Pot Garlic Baked Potatoes
    The Ingredients.

--4 big brown potatoes
    --2 T melted butter
    --2 T olive oil
    --salt and pepper
    --8 or so garlic cloves

The Directions.

Peel the garlic and cut it into long slivers.

Wash your potatoes, and pat dry. Carefully cut slits into each potato about 1/2 inch thick almost do the very base. The potato should start to separate a bit like an accordion.

Shove as many garlic slices as you can in each slit of each potato.

Nestle the potatoes into your crockpot. I used an oval 6qt Smart Pot, and the potatoes didn't fit all the way down to the bottom, they kind of were halfway on each other. It doesn't seem to matter.

Liberally salt and pepper. Combine the melted butter with the olive oil and drizzle over the top of each potato, trying to get some in the garlic-filled slits, if you can.

Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for about 6. They are done when the potatoes reach desired tenderness.

Top with sour cream.

CrockPot Ginger Beef with Onions and Garlic
    The Ingredients.
    --1-2 pounds beef strips
    --1/2 cup broth, white wine, beer, or apple juice. I used chicken broth.
    --1 yellow onion, cut in rings
    --1 whole head of garlic, peeled
    --1/2 t ground black pepper
    --1 inch peeled and grated ginger

The Directions.
    Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray, or put a bit of olive oil in the bottom. Add your meat. Chop up the onion, and peel all of the garlic. Throw that into the pot. Add the ginger and black pepper. Top with whatever liquid you plan on using.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on how thick of a piece of meat you are using, and whether or not it's frozen. I used fresh beef strips and it cooked VERY quickly on low---it was completely done after 6 hours.

I should have used a smaller crockpot. This is a good amount of food for a 4qt. If you are going to use a larger crockpot, consider adding a whole cup of liquid.

CrockPot Layerd Dinner – Steak, Potatoes, Corn on the Cob
    The Ingredients.

This is what I used. You can use whatever meat or vegetables you have in the house. The trick is to not use too much liquid when cooking the meat, so the potatoes and the corn (or whatever you're using) isn't floating in juice.

--1 1/1 lbs rib eye steak
    --1 T of your favorite seasoning rub
    --1 T dried onion flakes (a fresh onion would be fine. I wasn't in a chopping mood.)
    --2 T Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins is GF)
    --1/4 cup tequila (or broth, apple juice, etc.)
    --2-4 potatoes
    --2-4 ears of fresh corn
    --aluminum foil

In my 6 quart Smart Pot, I used 2 whole brown potatoes, and 4 ears of corn. I could have fit another potato in, probably.

The Directions.

Put meat in the bottom of the crockpot. Rub with seasoning and onion, and flip over to get the other side. Add tequila and Worcestershire sauce.
    Wash potatoes and cover with foil. Add to the pot. Shuck the corn, and wrap each ear in foil. Add to the crockpot.

It doesn't seem to matter if the potatoes are closer to the meat, or the corn. The new crockpots heat from the sides as well as from the bottom, so everything will cook through regardless of location.

Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours, or on low for about 8. I cooked our dinner for 6 hours on high. My crockpot was quite full.

Loose Meat Sandwiches
    The Ingredients.
    serves 8

1 pound extra lean ground beef or turkey (the lean is more imp. than the type)
    1 onion, finely diced
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    2 cups beef broth
    8 hamburger buns (I used gluten free bread, toasted)
    traditional hamburger fixen's (pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, mustard, etc)

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Crumble in the ground meat (it needs to be thawed, or it'll cook in a big clump). Add onion, sugar, spices, mustard, and vinegar. Pour in the beef broth. Mix well until everything is fully incorporated---you may want to use your hands. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir well before serving by scooping with a slotted spoons onto hamburger buns. Top with your desired fixings.

Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Layered Dinner
    The Ingredients.
    serves 4.

for the pesto:
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
    4 garlic cloves
    2 cups fresh basil
    2 tablespoons pinenuts, or walnuts, or sunflower seeds
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt

4 chicken thighs, or breast halves
    sliced mozzarella cheese (I used string cheese!)
    aluminum foil or parchment paper
    4 small sweet potatoes, washed well, skin on

The Directions.

I used a 6 quart slow cooker. In a food processor or blender, combine the ingredients for your pesto. When liquidy, taste. If you need to add more citrus or salt or pepper, do so now.

In the bottom of a large slow cooker, arrange your chicken pieces. Mine were still frozen. Layer on slices of mozzarella cheese. Pour pesto evenly on top. Cover with a layer of foil or parchment paper. Scrub sweet potatoes well, prick with a fork, and lay them on top of the paper or foil. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5. If your chicken is frozen it will take a bit longer.

If you're using fresh chicken, and your sweet potatoes are quite large, you may choose to swap layers, and put the sweet potatoes on the bottom. Newer slow cookers cook from the sides as well as from the bottom, but some people swear the stuff on the bottom cooks faster.

Carefully remove the sweet potatoes with tongs, and remove foil or parchment. The steam that comes out will be quite hot, keep small children away.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hauer01
    Options
    I love crock pot cooking :smile:
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1 whole pork loin
    1 bottle of root beer
    1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Cook the pork loin in the root beer on low for 6 hours.

Remove and shred, discard the liquid.

Put shredded pork back in the crock pot, add as much sauce as you want, and heat at high for a couple of minutes. BBQ time!
  • rbahola12
    Options
    Woot Woot I knew you guys would deliver!! Keep them coming!! Thank you:drinker:
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Easy Peezy Pot Roast

2-4lb bonesless beef roast, pretty much any kind will do
    1 packet onion soup mix
    3/4 cup soy sauce

Mix onion soup mix and soy sauce in bottom of crock pot, add water to bring up to 2-3" of liquid, add roast. Add additional water until you only have about 1" of meat above water line. Sprinkle pepper over the top. Heat for 8-10 hours on low.

I've also done this adding potatoes, onions, and carrots, and it's still perfect. Experiment with your favorite combinations.

Happy crocking!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    3 chicken breasts, 1 c salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning. Cook til done, then shred the chicken with forks and roll up in tortillas with some cheese and sour cream if you like. :)

this is my daughter's favorite meal!
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yummy bump!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Don't forget something as simple as just put a washed up chicken in the crockpot. It's falling off the bone once you get home. I separate it from the bones and skin. Use meat as one would in all these rotisserie chicken recipes. I throw it on a salad, in a sandwich or just some juicy chicken with whatever sides I heat up. Rotisserie chickens are always too salty for me. This one is not.
  • vipena786
    vipena786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump! I looooove using my crockpot!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great ideas!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    tagged for later review!