Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com I am currently making the pork carnitas slow cooker recipe and they are fabulous. My family loves it. I have also made the chicken pot pie soup and again it was good. She has easy to follow low fat recipes. Good luck!

This^^ I have made the chicken ropa vieja, the pork barbocoa and I have also made the Olive Garden pasta soup. Not on skinnytaste but easty to find. Also low in calories.
    Good luck
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken (lean version - I modified from a more fattening porkroast recipe that is served on hawaiian rolls - it's like a hawaiian pulled pork sandwich - it's amazing but definitely not a MFP recipe)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with the fat removed
    1 small (6oz) can of pinapple in juice (with juice)
    2 table spoons of soy sauce
    1 table spoon of brown sugar (can be omitted - just do 4 TBSP of Splenda)
    3 table spoons of splenda
    1 Tablespoon of Sugarfree Ketchup or smokey bbq sauce/ reg ketchup (if you don't mind a little extra sugar)
    2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
    1 tsp fresh shredded ginger
    1/4 tsp ground clove
    Pepper (or salt if you like) to taste

Just throw everythin in the crockpot and let it cook on high for about 4 - 8 hours
    when the chicken is tender shred it and mix it in with the sauce

This can be served how you like - we tend to eat it on steamed rice or a baked potato - but you could do healthy life buns (80 calories) if you prefer sandwiches
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    bump
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    bump
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Here’s something that isn’t really healthy, but it’s great for parties so you can get some extra use out of the crock pot.

1 jar of chili sauce, Heinz makes some, but I no longer buy any Heinz products so I usually get the store brand.
    1 jar of grape jelly I think I usually get at least the 16oz size
    1 bag of frozen meatballs (feel free to make fresh ones if you are all Betty Crocker-ish, go nuts!)
    Toss it all in the pot and plug it in for a while.

I have also done this with link sausage, I just slice up the links so they are about ½ to ¾ of an inch thick. Another variant is to just use your favorite BBQ sauce with either links or meatballs. Serve right from the crockpot. I usually just put a box of toothpicks by it and people just stab one when they want one.
  • tnshahud
    Options
    Great ideas!!! Thanks
  • thechubner
    Options
    Vegan Feijoada

Feijoada is a Brazilian Black Bean Stew that is usually pork heavy (and more fattening), but if you make this very tasty vegan version you get all the exotic flavor but not all the pork fat

4 ½ tsp. olive oil, divided
    1 6-oz. pkg. smoky tempeh strips, such as Lightlife Fakin’ Bacon
    1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)
    1 rib celery, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
    1 tsp. dried thyme
    4 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
    4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tsp.)
    1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
    ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
    1. Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh strips, and sauté 2 minutes on each side.

2. Heat remaining 2 1/2 tsp. oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and thyme, and sauté 6 minutes, or until onion is golden. Stir in black beans, tempeh, broth, garlic and chipotle chile. Bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.

3. To reheat, place feijoada in skillet over medium-low heat. Cover, and heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • blakeduhl
    Options
    This sounds soooo good! i'll be making that for dinner tommorrow! Thanks for the idea!
  • january179
    january179 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    Options
    I made this in my crockpot yesterday and divided it up into 5 containers for my lunches this week. It's delicious!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/uploads/File/CheeseburgerMacAttack.pdf
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thechubner
    Options
    1 jar of chili sauce, Heinz makes some, but I no longer buy any Heinz products so I usually get the store brand.

Just asking - is this spilling over from the John Kerry thing 8 years ago?

- passing no judgment and not starting a political debate - just curious
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    One whole chicken
    One can Rotel
    One small/medium onion
    One/two cloves garlic, diced
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Put thawed whole chicken in the cooker, pour one can Rotel over the top. Chop onion to desired consistency, dice garlic and toss in the pot. Add salt/pepper. Turn the cooker on and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours (until chicken is falling apart). Separate chicken from bones and shred. Drain most of the liquid from the cooker, keeping the veggie chunks. Put the meat back in the cooker with the veggies and a little of the liquid. Add seasoning to taste. Serve with tortillas, and your favorite toppings for a tasty meal.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    These all sound yummy...can't wait to try them out. I'm not a good cook. Maybe the crock pot will be more forgiving. :tongue:
  • HMToomey
    Options
    Love the apple cider idea! :bigsmile:

I just throw in a whole chicken (breast down) Seasoning under the skin with fresh rosemary, garlic cloves & a lil salt & pepper. Slice up 1 orange and 1 lemon & 1 large onion. Take 1/2 the lemon, orange & onion and put in the cavity, the remaining lines the bottom of the crock with a couple slices for the top. Sometimes I will add a lil chicken broth or water to the bottom for some extra moisture. Cook on low all day (8-10hrs) Yum!

It really was delicious!!! :smile:
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-fiesta-chicken-soup/

I made for the first time yesterday Chicken Fiesta Soup and had it for lunch today! So easy...basically throwing everything in the crockpot and it's very filling!!!

This site has great low calorie recipes too!!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love the beginning of Crock Pot Season!