Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options
I'm looking for a new workout routine, I don't want to get a manly chest and muscles from lifting heavy. Can you get a nice toned body by using Tae-Bo?

Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is the best toning workout ever! Like you, I was afraid of developing a manly chest. Heck, I've heard women who lift weights can even get HAIR on their chests. Ew!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You have to buy those Zumba toning sticks (only the 1lb versions unless you want to get beastly) to use with your Tae Bo workout. They're called toning sticks, they MUST work!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You will not get a manly body from lifting heavy.

But yes you can lose weight with Tae-Bo. You can lose weight with any workout program as long as you have a calorie deficit.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is an excellent workout. :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You have to buy those Zumba toning sticks (only the 1lb versions unless you want to get beastly) to use with your Tae Bo workout. They're called toning sticks, they MUST work!

If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.
  • SaundraPino
    Options
    I love the tae bo workouts!!! I do it for toning!!
  • akgordoa
    Options
    Omg... Women CAN NOT build muscle like men even while lifting heavy. We simply do not have the hormones to do it. And that hairy chest thing... Lol, only if you take steroids. If you want to do tae Bo, go for it, no one is stopping you, but don't drop the dumbells altogether if you want tone.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i started with zumba and for the last 6months have been doing billy blanks tae bo workout dvds and have lost over 60lbs
  • MsLisaq
    Options
    You will not get big bulky muscles. It is not in your DNA . You are a woman, what you will find will be tight curves! Plus muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does. To get big bulky, you would need to take testosterone and/or steroids. So work out and enjoy!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

And no one thinks skinny fat is attractive. Trust me. :)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Tae-Bo is going to make you too bulky and men don't like women with muscles. I suggest you stick to Bikram or Pilates or something like that, sweetie.

I really don't like your tone. Ew.

Tae-Bo is an amazing cardio workout and the most they use are 3 pound weights. Women don't get bulky - this drives me crazy. You will get toned and your heart rate will be high doing Tae-Bo. I do it all the time.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.

It's okay, I'm taking a healthy regimen of raspberry ketones to block my sacroiliac receptors.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow. Love the sarcasm on here. You won't get hair on your chest unless you inject steroids. Even "manly" or "bulky" is difficult for a woman to achieve without steroids. Your chest will be just fine, because you have breasts which sit on top of the muscle. They actually start to appear a little bigger and a little perkier if you build up the muscle. I have relatively large biceps from lifting, but they look normal until I flex.

Tae-bo will be mostly cardio with just a little muscle building/maintaining portions to it. As your body fat drops, your muscles will start to look clearer even though you won't be adding much if anything muscle wise.

If you are losing a lot of weight, I would really rethink your ideas on lifting. Adding some muscle really helps with tighter looking skin.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Gosh, you are so knowledgeable! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would try Pilloxing - its fantastic.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    I can tell you tae bo definitely works I used it years back b4 getting pregnant with my son an I lost 70 lbs within six months it also tones. But like someone said you can loose weight with any workout program but if you want to do tae bo I have no complaints on how great it had worked for myself:smile:
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    wait wait wait....Tae bo makes you bulky? As of right now I'm stopping all squats, deadlifts, and bench presses, and just focusing on kicking a plastic doll. RIPPED DIESEL TIME.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

And no one thinks skinny fat is attractive. Trust me. :)

Wow, you're mean. Why are the forums so mean?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Tae-Bo is going to make you too bulky and men don't like women with muscles. I suggest you stick to Bikram or Pilates or something like that, sweetie.

I really don't like your tone. Ew.

Tae-Bo is an amazing cardio workout and the most they use are 3 pound weights. Women don't get bulky - this drives me crazy. You will get toned and your heart rate will be high doing Tae-Bo. I do it all the time.

Just because that was the result you had doens't mean the OP will have the same results. Everyone has a completely different physiology from everyone else. No two people are in any way even the slightest bit similar to each other.