Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Tae Bo is the best toning workout ever! Like you, I was afraid of developing a manly chest. Heck, I've heard women who lift weights can even get HAIR on their chests. Ew!
    LOL that is the most hilarious myth that I ever heard.

I've been lifting heavy (believe it or not but I am) for two years but I don't have a chest hair nor do I got big and all these despite having PCOS. As you can see from my profile pic, it tells the exact opposite from what you've been thinking.

As to the OP, no matter what workout routine you choose but remember that losing weight is all about eating in calorie deficit. You can do tae-bo everyday but if you're still eating more than you burn then don't expect any weight loss results.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Can we all agree right now that sjohnny has won this thread? sjohnny, I salute you. This is quality work you have put in here sir and I for one am duly impressed.

Applause.gif

I try to stay abreast of all the latest sciencey stuff. Knowledge is power.
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    Lifting is making me so bulky.

i better switch to tae bo.

WHAT?! lifting can make me taller?!?!:angry:

oh hell no...i am 5' 11" already
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I doubt tae-bo is going to give you much by way of physical results. It's a great exercise, and not without it's benefits, but I doubt you'll see results you want.

My advice- lift heavy. It is highly unlikely you'll get the "manly" chest and arms you're worried about, since women lack the testosterone amounts to get bulky like that in the first place. In my experience, lifting heavy os the fastest and most effective way to get results in terms of gaining muscle and achieving that lean look.

I totally agree Bean, you totally need to start lifting heavy.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to look like your avatar if I do. I'm special, and I accumulate muscle faster than most men. FACT.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I doubt tae-bo is going to give you much by way of physical results. It's a great exercise, and not without it's benefits, but I doubt you'll see results you want.

My advice- lift heavy. It is highly unlikely you'll get the "manly" chest and arms you're worried about, since women lack the testosterone amounts to get bulky like that in the first place. In my experience, lifting heavy os the fastest and most effective way to get results in terms of gaining muscle and achieving that lean look.

Unfortunately, she refuses to lift anything that isn't pink. :(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Wow, that wasn't very nice. :frown: I'm a highly sensitive person, and that really made my heart hurt. :flowerforyou:

I am also a highly sensitive person. Now I am crying. You have crushed my soul. :sad:

That makes me even sadder. :cry:

:icecreamforyou:

Yay!!! :bigsmile: Is it carb-free, though? I have to keep my carbs below 60, and I've already gone over for the day. I better do some Tae Bo to work that off!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'm going to start an exercise equipment company that makes pink plates. Imagine a pink bar loaded with pink 45s.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I'm going to start an exercise equipment company that makes pink plates. Imagine a pink bar loaded with pink 45s.
    Your company can be found at www.pinkiron.com
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

All the great ideas are taken.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

All the great ideas are taken.

Maybe you could do black covered in lace, that would look real purty. No wait, sparkley stuff! What do they call that, bedazzled?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    smiley-laughing001.gif
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    Tae Bo is the best toning workout ever! Like you, I was afraid of developing a manly chest. Heck, I've heard women who lift weights can even get HAIR on their chests. Ew!

It works in reverse, too. I did yoga and zumba and now have boobs and long hair. WTF?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

It works in reverse, too. I did yoga and zumba and now have boobs and long hair. WTF?

lololol!
  • ltill32
    Options
    Yes, I've lost weight with both Tae-Bo and Turbo Fire. They are both up beat and get you moving and using all your muscles. As long as you are following a diet and counting everything you should do fine with it.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.

I'm having a panic attack from reading this and my hypglycerides are boiling in my spleen.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    of course! any physical activity burns calories, but still haev to watch food intake, and TaeBo will definitely tone you up.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have a better way to drop fat. Get knocked up.

That's right.

All that HCG makes you skinny! Just look at all the skinny pregnant women out there...

oh wait....
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

And no one thinks skinny fat is attractive. Trust me. :)

Wow, you're mean. Why are the forums so mean?

Haha I wouldn't say she/he is mean. I think the wiseass comments are worse than that one. Now the girl will think that her sacroiliac will make her fat if she uses the wrong weights. Because bone often does that and all.
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    so i spent 3 hours last night doing a tie bow and i weighed myself but i didnt lose any weight how does this program work how long does it take is it because my muscle weighs more now