Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    where is azackery?
    damn, i've been wondering that too. does she still exist?

Who is this person you speak of? Sounds like she has all the answers. This thread was in no way designed to try and entice her to come back to MFP. :tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a new workout routine, I don't want to get a manly chest and muscles from lifting heavy. Can you get a nice toned body by using Tae-Bo?

Nice try TROLL!!! Are you drunk Bean?? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    If you don't have any advice regarding the OP's question then GTFO. She doesn't need you giving her crap when she's asking for help.

Bean is a good friend of mine. Thanks for playing though.

This is entirely composed of FAIL :indifferent:

Whay? Because someone is a good friend of the OP. What on earth is your problem? Are you trying to make up for some inadequacy? Why don't you just go ahead and curl in the squat rack!!! You meany!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I personally use the 30 day shred and C25K to get ripped. Tae-bo is a close 2nd to p90x and crossfit in terms of building muscles that aren't all bulky looking.

But kipping pull ups are the best for overall power.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    where is azackery?

Who is this person you speak of? Sounds like she has all the answers. This thread was in no way designed to try and entice her to come back to MFP. :tongue:

Somebody like that could probably tell us what weighs more, a pound of fat or a pound of muscle.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Whay? Because someone is a good friend of the OP. What on earth is your problem? Are you trying to make up for some inadequacy? Why don't you just go ahead and curl in the squat rack!!! You meany!

Bicep curls in the rack are the best way to get long, lean muscles that aren't bulky. I know this because I read it in a MFP forum last week. So NYAH! :tongue:
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Women who are "manly" looking have to take hormone supplements to get that way. Doing tae-bo will not make you bulky and "manly'. It will help lose weight and help tone up. It's a wonderful workout.
  • sadiemann
    Options
    Oh brother
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.
    [/quote]

Huh?:huh:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i lost 12 kilo doing tae bo yrs ago, it does not in any way make you look bulky . l just started billy blanks dvds again............ there so much fun!!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a new workout routine, I don't want to get a manly chest and muscles from lifting heavy. Can you get a nice toned body by using Tae-Bo?

Nice try TROLL!!! Are you drunk Bean?? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    If you don't have any advice regarding the OP's question then GTFO. She doesn't need you giving her crap when she's asking for help.

No. It's full of fail because he realizes that it's not an indicator of being a "good friend" to bully the OP when we are sposedta be here to support each other.

Bullies. Bullies everywhere.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    where is azackery?

maybe she is just ignoring all of us?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I personally use the 30 day shred and C25K to get ripped. Tae-bo is a close 2nd to p90x and crossfit in terms of building muscles that aren't all bulky looking.

e1e53215dff61e3c3efc93282bf65ef3.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You should really try pilloxing you know - it would be great to add it into the mix.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

Wait. A woman lifting heavy will get taller?

No.

stupid question.

Really?

Which is more stupid, my question or your statement that women lifting heavy will make them " long and lean"?
    I mean, surely you aren't saying that lifting heavy changes muscle insertion points...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

No.

stupid question.

Really?

Which is more stupid, my question or your statement that women lifting heavy will make them " long and lean"?
    I mean, surely you aren't saying that lifting heavy changes muscle insertion points...

Women don't have enough endosterone to change muscle insertion points. When women lift heavy it increases bone density as the bone density increases their muscles get stronger and pull the bones in opposite directions which makes them longer. If this happens in the legs or rib cage the woman will get taller.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

No.

stupid question.

Really?

Women don't have enough endosterone to change muscle insertion points. When women lift heavy it increases bone density as the bone density increases their muscles get stronger and pull the bones in opposite directions which makes them longer. If this happens in the legs or rib cage the woman will get taller.

Ha! See, I knew it. Lifting heavy can make a woman taller. I just didn't remember all of the sciency reasons why. Hard to believe I forgot about endosterone. (Don't I feel stupid now.)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Can we all agree right now that sjohnny has won this thread? sjohnny, I salute you. This is quality work you have put in here sir and I for one am duly impressed.

Applause.gif
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

You can lose weight with just a calorie deficit. If you are a girl you won't get big manly muscles because you don't have the hormones for it. Don't be afraid. If you don't do some sort of resistance you run the risk of osteoporosis when you get older. Ever see the stooped over older ladies, that's what happens.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I doubt tae-bo is going to give you much by way of physical results. It's a great exercise, and not without it's benefits, but I doubt you'll see results you want.

My advice- lift heavy. It is highly unlikely you'll get the "manly" chest and arms you're worried about, since women lack the testosterone amounts to get bulky like that in the first place. In my experience, lifting heavy os the fastest and most effective way to get results in terms of gaining muscle and achieving that lean look.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I doubt tae-bo is going to give you much by way of physical results. It's a great exercise, and not without it's benefits, but I doubt you'll see results you want.

My advice- lift heavy. It is highly unlikely you'll get the "manly" chest and arms you're worried about, since women lack the testosterone amounts to get bulky like that in the first place. In my experience, lifting heavy os the fastest and most effective way to get results in terms of gaining muscle and achieving that lean look.

I totally agree Bean, you totally need to start lifting heavy.