Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You have to buy those Zumba toning sticks (only the 1lb versions unless you want to get beastly) to use with your Tae Bo workout. They're called toning sticks, they MUST work!

If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.

Gosh, you are so knowledgeable! Thanks for the heads up.

I'm here to help
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    90% of the people in this thread are trolling.

You'll lose weight and get toned with Tae-bo if you also keep a calorie deficit. As for the heavy lifting, women do not naturally build muscle like men do. All the pictures of the ultra-fit women with 6-pack abs and huge biceps on Pinterest are fitness models who devote their entire lives to looking like that. They either have naturally high amounts of testosterone (which is RARE), or they take supplements to help them build muscle mass like that.

Read These:
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-reasons-why-you-should-lift-heavier-weights
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/557657-8-reasons-why-women-should-lift-weights/

And I promise you, that as long as you lay of testosterone supplements, you won't end up looking like a man or a fitness model. You'll look lean and healthy.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    You have to buy those Zumba toning sticks (only the 1lb versions unless you want to get beastly) to use with your Tae Bo workout. They're called toning sticks, they MUST work!

If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.

It's okay, I'm taking a healthy regimen of raspberry ketones to block my sacroiliac receptors.

You may be okay. Keep an eye on it.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you want to look like Billy Blanks, go ahead and Tae-Bo. If you just want to tone, then I suggest some water aerobics. Being in the water is better on your joints and won't create muscle mass, only tighten the muscles you already have.

Research shows that when you're under water you are entering a different dimension called the aquatic-dimensionpsysism. In this dimension gravity does not exist. Also this causes mermaid to be able to swim pretty fast and not be seen by the human eye. Fairies also live in this dimension. then only reason us humans cant see these creatures is simply because we can't breath underwater. Cohesive and adhesive are also 2 properties of water. (Source: Yahoo! Answers)

Also, if you exercise in water, you only have to eat back the carb calories you burned and not the protein calories because you are so light underwater it only uses the energy calories like carb calories and not the muscle building calories like protein calories.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I'm here to help

That made me laugh...somehow I seriously doubt that ; )
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You will not get a manly body from lifting heavy.

But yes you can lose weight with Tae-Bo. You can lose weight with any workout program as long as you have a calorie deficit.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about this. I've seen pictures of women after TaeBo and it was just.....let's just say I'd rather not sleep next to a female version of Billy Blanks.

And she won't lose weight unless she removes glutens from her diet. And ice cream. No one loses weight if they eat glutens and ice cream.
  • sjohnny
    Options

I'm here to help

That made me laugh...somehow I seriously doubt that ; )

Believe what you want but don't come crying to me when your sacroiliac carb vessicles end up prolapsed into your ganglion region.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

It's okay, I'm taking a healthy regimen of raspberry ketones to block my sacroiliac receptors.

You may be okay. Keep an eye on it.

Thanks. I like your Meph ticker btw. Have a bunch of different vintages aging in the cellar currently...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You'll lose weight and get toned with Tae-bo if you also keep a calorie deficit. As for the heavy lifting, women do not naturally build muscle like men do. All the pictures of the ultra-fit women with 6-pack abs and huge biceps on Pinterest are fitness models who devote their entire lives to looking like that. They either have naturally high amounts of testosterone (which is RARE), or they take supplements to help them build muscle mass like that.

Read These:
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-reasons-why-you-should-lift-heavier-weights
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/557657-8-reasons-why-women-should-lift-weights/

And I promise you, that as long as you lay of testosterone supplements, you won't end up looking like a man or a fitness model. You'll look lean and healthy.
    Time out.....I WANT to look like a fitness model! Testosterone does that? Hmmmm......
  • sjohnny
    Options

But yes you can lose weight with Tae-Bo. You can lose weight with any workout program as long as you have a calorie deficit.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about this. I've seen pictures of women after TaeBo and it was just.....let's just say I'd rather not sleep next to a female version of Billy Blanks.

And she won't lose weight unless she removes glutens from her diet. And ice cream. No one loses weight if they eat glutens and ice cream.

It's actually just the glutenoids, not the full glutens that are the problem. And if you eat less than 6 glutens per meal you effectively eliminate the effects of glutenoids.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I lost 96 lbs doing Tae Bo about 10 years ago. Regained it quickly when I lost interest.
  • DavPul
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

And no one thinks skinny fat is attractive. Trust me. :)

Wow, you're mean. Why are the forums so mean?

Don't worry your pretty little head about her, honey. Some people just come onto the internet to spew their meanness all over everyone else. Skinny Fatness turns me on.

Haters gonna hate.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbttHCRYSiBeSRI58CSsEsdhtWlunIQrr0Iywowj1nn24-sdpCOaAhMSgxGw

Momma says glutens are the devil!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Thanks. I like your Meph ticker btw. Have a bunch of different vintages aging in the cellar currently...

I only have a 2010 and a 2011 right now. But if you tell me where you live and what time you're not home I feel certain that I will have "a bunch of different vintages aging in the cellar currently..."
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do you want to just have tonef muscles or do you want to get bulked up. I used Tae-Bo years ago before he came out with that military style that I could not keep up with. But what I had didn't bulk me up, it toned up my muscles. Even with cardio you need some toning exercises. Think about if you want to be toned or bulked and then I know you can make the right decision. In my opinion, there is a difference of between bulked like the body builders which I think is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to bulk or being bulked like Ryan Gossling....or the other hunks out there. I prefer Ryan Gossling and other hunks out there...hahahahaha.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

So there is a 90% chance you are a troll as well.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is the best toning workout ever! Like you, I was afraid of developing a manly chest. Heck, I've heard women who lift weights can even get HAIR on their chests. Ew!
    i dont think its possible for lifting weights to cause you to grow hair on your chest. i'm pretty sure only hormones can do that.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This is a joke??? dur.
  • DavPul
    Options

Read These:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoken like an obvious troll. If anybody wants advice spoken from the trolliest troll that ever did troll, there you go.

Trollers be trollin
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you want to look like Billy Blanks, go ahead and Tae-Bo. If you just want to tone, then I suggest some water aerobics. Being in the water is better on your joints and won't create muscle mass, only tighten the muscles you already have.

Research shows that when you're under water you are entering a different dimension called the aquatic-dimensionpsysism. In this dimension gravity does not exist. Also this causes mermaid to be able to swim pretty fast and not be seen by the human eye. Fairies also live in this dimension. then only reason us humans cant see these creatures is simply because we can't breath underwater. Cohesive and adhesive are also 2 properties of water. (Source: Yahoo! Answers)

Also, if you exercise in water, you only have to eat back the carb calories you burned and not the protein calories because you are so light underwater it only uses the energy calories like carb calories and not the muscle building calories like protein calories.

Yeah, this all true! I've heard this also!