Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

TaeBo will help me lose weight *IF* I use it in conjunction with lifting heavy? Now I suppose you'll say that I also have to eat at a deficit. So it the TaeBo working or not? If i have to lift and diet why am I doing the Taebo at all?

Isn't that like Matt Forte scoring 21 points and me saying "Me and Forte combined for 21 points....".

Edited for the sports snobs of MFP

I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

TaeBo will help me lose weight *IF* I use it in conjunction with lifting heavy? Now I suppose you'll say that I also have to eat at a deficit. So it the TaeBo working or not? If i have to lift and diet why am I doing the Taebo at all?

Isn't that like Matt Forte scoring 21 points and me saying "Me and Forte combined for 21 points....".

Edited for the sports snobs of MFP

Bears. Nice pick. I knew we were destined to be friends.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You will not get big bulky muscles. It is not in your DNA . You are a woman, what you will find will be tight curves! Plus muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does. To get big bulky, you would need to take testosterone and/or steroids. So work out and enjoy!!

How many calories do you think Tae-Bo can burn? It's pretty intense, 800ish?

At least 2,000. It burns, like, 20 calories a minute.

Oh, WOW! That's fantastic! I only get like 10-12/minute running. I've been waisting my time!
    Plus, running will make your calves and thighs get big. You will lose your thigh gap and not be able to wear boots.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Options
    I suggest Richard Simmons videos. He knows whats up.

Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!! You seriously made me L-O-L!!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You will not get big bulky muscles. It is not in your DNA . You are a woman, what you will find will be tight curves! Plus muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does. To get big bulky, you would need to take testosterone and/or steroids. So work out and enjoy!!

Oh, WOW! That's fantastic! I only get like 10-12/minute running. I've been waisting my time!
    Plus, running will make your calves and thighs get big. You will lose your thigh gap and not be able to wear boots.
    ooooh, now that's a very relevant and important point...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a new workout routine, I don't want to get a manly chest and muscles from lifting heavy. Can you get a nice toned body by using Tae-Bo?

Nice try TROLL!!! Are you drunk Bean?? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    where is azackery?
  • almc170
    Options
    where is azackery?
    damn, i've been wondering that too. does she still exist?
  • sjohnny
    Options

ooooh, now that's a very relevant and important point...
    Of course it is. All of my points are relevant and important. Especially when it concerns thigh gap and cute boots.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

And no one thinks skinny fat is attractive. Trust me. :)

Wow, that wasn't very nice. :frown: I'm a highly sensitive person, and that really made my heart hurt. :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I'm looking for a new workout routine, I don't want to get a manly chest and muscles from lifting heavy. Can you get a nice toned body by using Tae-Bo?

If you don't have any advice regarding the OP's question then GTFO. She doesn't need you giving her crap when she's asking for help.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

If you don't have any advice regarding the OP's question then GTFO. She doesn't need you giving her crap when she's asking for help.

Bean is a good friend of mine. Thanks for playing though.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

Firstly, you said "I dont want to get bulky". Honestly, who do you think you are? Arnold-freaking-swartzeneger? Give me a break! Women who get bulky train HARD, for YEARS, have higher levels of TESTOSTERONE, and DONT GET THAT WAY ON ACCIDENT. You absolutely DO NOT get "bulky" from lifting weights. This idea is both stupid and completely wrong. This is why you've gotten all the hilarious replies.

secondly, ANY program in which you are burning calories and creating a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Although i'd like to mention that you'd be right on your way to Skinny Fat.

Wow, that wasn't very nice. :frown: I'm a highly sensitive person, and that really made my heart hurt. :flowerforyou:

I am also a highly sensitive person. Now I am crying. You have crushed my soul. :sad:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

I am also a highly sensitive person. Now I am crying. You have crushed my soul. :sad:

That makes me even sadder. :cry:
  • almc170
    Options
    So many bullies on this site :brokenheart:
  • sjohnny
    Options

Some friend. Accusing her of trollery and alcoholism when all she wants is some reassurance that she won't get hairy and smelly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD YOU TROLLS-

That makes me even sadder. :cry:

:icecreamforyou:
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Wait. A woman lifting heavy will get taller?

No.

stupid question.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Isn't that like Kobe Bryant scoring 45 points and me saying "Me and Kobe combined for 45 points...."

It's almost as bad as referencing basketball when you know everyone rather watch football.

do whatever you want to do. I'm just telling you what has worked for me. I did tae bo for years and just became a smaller "skinny fat" version of myself. I started lifting weights and I became toned and defined. It may or may not help you lose weight. Not everyone is the same. If you eat too far into a deficit you may not lose anything. Or you'll lose muscle and pack on more fat. If you like being fat, then so be it. Muscle burns fat. Cardio is good to a certain extent, but really is good for your heart.
    google.com
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This is entirely composed of FAIL :indifferent: