Is MFP a hookup site?

Options

Replies

• frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    I have noticed this too. *Rolling my eyes as I type*
    I think it's okay to flirt, it's part of being human, but holy shiz I get a laugh out of some of these guys. .
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I must have missed the memo about MFP being a hookup site... which kinda makes me sad. You mean to tell me I could have been hooking up with people this entire time...!?!?!?!?!?
    On a side note, totally not related to this post....
    Any aussie men that would like to hook up with a southern girl from Texas... love sexy aussie accents.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I met my wonderfully beautiful girlfriend on here. We live on opposite sides of the planet, have been together in real life a couple of times. Will hopefully make it there for Xmas too. Can't wait.
  • jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    perfect.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I hope so! Tim, are you reading this?
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Im seriously seriously offended that so many people on here are ridiculously desperate for sex and claim that its just what happens when a bunch of 'like minded, physically focused, self-disciplined people finally have a chance to talk to and bond with others that have similar goals and opposite genitalia and sometimes sparks fly and you find someone amazing that you want by your side, especially when no one else in your life gets it" or whatever version of this argument pops up that day - I mean seriously... no one believes that. its just a damn excuse to run around in your underwear and act like a slut because no one in your real life is watching.

And some of those people look damn good, too! :heart:

Word, I run around in my boxer briefs all the time though. I want everyone to be watching....pause, all the ladies to be watching lol
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I hope so! Marc, are you reading this?

xxTAMxx, I corrected your post :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think some of the women on here are pushing the envelope a bit too much. Some of the comments are GROSS....and they should really think more of themselves............

I'm one of those women....

and I think highly of myself...so do all the people in my friends list....

but I have FUN....i spend my days being serious in a leading corporate position...

if I don't have fun somewhere I'm gonna end up with the same stainless steel rod some other people have shoved up their.....

yeah......i'll take flirty with a side of fun please?

^ Yup :smile:

My husband would divorce me if I stopped being an inappropriate hobag.

I want to be you when they make me grow up. Id like a husband that would divorce me if I stopped being my ridiculously silly self. I think you just taught me something about myself lol.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Errrr this site is for something else besides flirting?!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm totally doing this wrong. All I'm doing is logging calories. Dagnabbit.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yep My firting place :laugh:
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm too shy
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think some of the women on here are pushing the envelope a bit too much. Some of the comments are GROSS....and they should really think more of themselves............
    Ditto I do agree with this at times...but generally I just bypass the topic unless I just feel like commenting ..
  • aaa5810
    Options
    To each their own, but I'd rather not participate.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of flirting on here and truthfully? It reminds me of MySpace/Facebook - two sites I stopped using for that exact reason. I like watching other people get their flirt on (it's good entertainment) but I wish more people would respect the marrieds (like me) and avoid any obvious flirting... it makes for awkward explanations when stuff like that pops up in push notifications on my iPod while my hubby's playing Angry Birds. :ohwell:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Errrr this site is for something else besides flirting?!

hubba hubba

*runs off to Prospect Park*
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to wonder, looking at some of the threads and comments from people I am friends with. Blatant flirting online sexual or not, shouldn't take place if you're married.

Think of it this way. Would your wife/husband approve of the way you talk to or others talk to you on here, or any other site for that matter?

Eh.. call me old fashioned.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well, it could lead to exercise that doesn't feel like a chore ;-)

"Marc713 burned 790 calories doing 77 minutes of *cough* "Cardio" *cough* & yoga *cough* with MFP member ********"

C'mon, tell me you just created a custom exercise for it.. Hasn't everyone? I wonder how many MFP members fight for positions so that they can burn more calories :tongue:

Ok, everyone be honest....who's worn a HRM during to see how many calories they have burned? :devil: lol

I just figured the hooking up part was just a way to burn more calories and help you reach your goals, whatever those might be, lol.
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Okay but seriously, if MFP were a physically social community where we all met up each day/week/month or whatever, you can't deny that some people would click, some would flirt, some would hook up, some would keep to themselves, some would do what they gotta do about their weight and go home. It's what people do!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm trying but it's not working out for me... is there a class to take on MFP flirting? I think I need to polish my skills.