Girls with Man Calves

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge. Pure genetics and early athletics (baseball, soccer, basketball) reinforced it. I've actually had trainers approach me and ask me what kind of calf workouts I do. When I respond with a quizzical "I don't know....walking?" they generally turn away mumbling obscenties.

Everyone has their strong and weak areas. Embrace your strengths and get to work on the weaknesses! :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've always had well-developed calves and legs.

I've always gotten compliments on them from men; the only person who ever made fun of them was a woman coworker who said my legs were "like a football player's" but I wrote her off as jealous :wink:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    My calves are muscular from jogging /walking and running often.

I don't know if I like them or not, I think they look weird. But one guy commented on them asking me if I run -- at least they look muscular, and they aren't just all flab. That would disappoint me more.

I wouldn't call them man calves. Anyone can have them, it just means your calves are very toned... don't be ashamed of them, or hate on your self because of them!

<3
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    My calves are muscular from jogging /walking and running often.

I don't know if I like them or not, I think they look weird. But one guy commented on them asking me if I run -- at least they look muscular, and they aren't just all flab. That would disappoint me more.

I wouldn't call them man calves. Anyone can have them, it just means your calves are very toned... don't be ashamed of them, or hate on your self because of them!

<3

Obviously I haven't seen your calves, but I'm pretty sure if I did see them I wouldn't think they're weird. I personally find big, muscular calves on a woman very attractive and sexy. You should be proud of yours. See them as part of the good results of the hard work you do to stay in shape. Do you by any chance know how big they are i you don't mind me asking?
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah my boyfriend is jealous of my "dancer calves" and the guys in my dorm are fascinated with them :)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    No..they wont go away!!...you sometimes just have to accept them....and roll with it..?

legs2_zps39689239.jpg

legs_zps0519664d.jpg
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,918 Member
    Options
    Better to have strong calves than pipe-cleaner legs or (shudder) cankles...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Same. Who wants SpongeBob Squarepants legs?
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is totally me. Have to buy "straight leg" just to fit in, and they totally look like skinnies on me. Sheesh. I've always hated it, but learning to love it..... I mean, heck, look at mah muscles!!! :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. :P I work my calves pretty heavy and nothing.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    "Women don't bulk up" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Of course we do.

I have very muscular legs from running. I don't lift weights. It's all running.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    No..they wont go away!!...you sometimes just have to accept them....and roll with it..?

legs2_zps39689239.jpg

legs_zps0519664d.jpg

Those are awesome calves. I know this sounds weird, but I love the way they look with the freckles. They look pretty amazing in the photo where you're wearing the skirt. What exercise do you do to get them so muscular.
  • runner2runner
    Options

legs2_zps39689239.jpg

legs_zps0519664d.jpg

How do you upload photos on to the thread.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Your calves look like my calves :D
  • runner2runner
    Options
    I have this problem too. I've always had big legs, but since I started the weight loss, my legs have gotten really manly (or sexy as corrected by Kaleidy-Ly) looking. Not complaining at all though.

Just earlier today, I had this guy randomly ask me in the gym if I had been an athlete in high school or had run track. A customer of mines asked if I were training to become a cheerleader due to my legs (Do cheerleaders have big legs???)
    j

I came across this photo of a cheerleader's legs while browsing the web. It appears some cheerleaders do have big legs. Whether or not these legs are a result of cheerleading, genetics or weight lifting is another story.

5096132264_dbc6ccdaba_b.jpg
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I came across this photo of a cheerleader's legs while browsing the web. It appears some cheerleaders do have big legs. Whether or not these legs are a result of cheerleading, genetics or weight lifting is another story.

5096132264_dbc6ccdaba_b.jpg

LOL I think that might be a prostitute in a cheerleader costume. I'm a former cheerleader, and there aren't many moves you could pull off in those heels :laugh:
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    heard!!! i have large muscular calves too, am 5'1" and while im' shrinking, they seem to be getting bigger lol. i cannot wear cute boots either,they're just too big!! i dislike them, but better big and strong than thin and weak, right??
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

You have a lot of muscle development in your calves and I'm glad you're happy with it. But this is why I tell women that yes, it is possible to get big in some places from weight work.

All I have been doing is 30 Day Shred and walking my dog. The only weigh work would be carrying myself around more lol. Could that be doing it?

Carrying around more weight definitely does it. I mean... it took me quite a while to build up to being able to squat 100 pounds. Your walking around with an extra 100 pounds all the time, and that's going to take a lot of strength and muscle.

And I think your calves look awesome.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have been petite my whole life 96-114 pounds. Then for 5 years I was 154 pounds...but no matter what, I have always had nice yams- so ive been told. I cannot fit just any knee high boots- thats always been a problem, but I was a gymnist and ran track in school so I will always have the legs. But even thoough I work out and have lost weight- they do get a tad smaller but remain muscular.

2011303_zpse36fb5a7.jpg
  • bekinator
    Options
    i've never carried fat between my heels & calves either... when i was pushing 300lbs in college, my calves were still cut-looking but definitely bigger. i'm 100# under that now, and my calves are still ripped, but smaller cuz they're carrying around a smaller body. i hope when i drop another 50# my thighs will slim down too & then i'll love my entire leg q-;