MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    dark rum (Captain Morgan's not Bacardi) and diet vanilla coke Yumm
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots Shots Shots Shot Shots! Shots! Shots! Errryyyyboddyyyy!

You're really pretty
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    dark rum (Captain Morgan's not Bacardi) and diet vanilla coke Yumm

Have you tried Morgans Spiced? then you won't need vanilla coke, it has vanilla in it :)

I have it with classic coke and its YUMMY!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people from the UK on here and drinking is a much bigger part of their culture than it is in the states. Personally, I prefer red wine, even though white has fewer calories.

you're really pretty too
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Why bother with the coke at all :drinker:

+1000 A nice shot of rum is fine, who needs soda of any kind. Soda is just for if you are drinking cheap rum that doesn't taste good, and why in heavans name would you waste your calories on cheap booze?
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOL Well some people want to treat themselves once in awhile. Personally, I have never liked regular coke (too sugary) and I dont really even like diet coke the only timae i will hve diet coke is with hard liquor. Usually I have the natural Zevia pops made fromm stevia but once in awhile diet coke will not kill you. Everything in moderation!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    <snip>

They don't want the added sugar from coke, yet they will take the added sugar from alcohol. Yeah, that sounds about right.

You don't have the faintest clue about the distilling process, do you? See the 0 next to carbs? That means 0 sugar.

Rum (1.5 fl oz jigger) [change]

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1.5 fl oz jigger: [change]

Amount Per Serving

Calories 100
    Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 0g
    0%

Saturated Fat 0g
    0%

Cholesterol 0mg
    0%

Sodium 0mg
    0%

Total Carbohydrates 0g
    0%

Dietary Fiber 0g
    0%

Protein 0g
    0%

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% Iron 0%

Zinc 0% Thiamin 0%

Riboflavin 0% Niacin 0%

Vitamin B-6 0% Folate 0%

Vitamin B-12 0% Phosphorus 0%

Magnesium 0%

Percent Daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    There are a lot of people from the UK on here and drinking is a much bigger part of their culture than it is in the states. Personally, I prefer red wine, even though white has fewer calories.

Im from the UK,and im sorry but drinking is NOT a huge part of our culture.The same as gun crime and beat boxing isnt yours Jeez
  • Sammyjo4486
    Options
    If you're going to the bar, mine's a Spiced Rum & Ginger Ale please :)

SAME^^^ tastes better to me
  • elperrogigante
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

^ amateur.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

This^ Of course, I don't drink rum anymore (I get all Pirate) and prefer vodka which goes with more things (and vodka makes me friendly, TOO friendly, but better than Pirate) that fit within my healthy lifestyle.

I have almost declared war on soda, but can understand people having regular soda on occasion for a treat. I have most definitely declared war on anything with artificial sweeteners. If you think it's "safe" and that all is well in the food industry, then by all means, drink away.

So, for those who prefer diet soda (no, I don't get it either) will of course choose it with their rum, but if they are doing it to cut the calories but would rather have regular soda; yeah, that's pretty funny.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.

This for sure if you are watching calories and further if you are low carbing or are diabetic, making sure that you get 80proof or above for your rum or other alcohol of choice means 0 carbs.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Ohhhh so we Brit's are to blame for the diet coke and rum saga? lol Don't lay it at our door because we like a drink or two, or three.... :tongue:
  • MaleyaB
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend.

Well, this would be a good start until:
    I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends.

I think it's more sad that you come online, state that you are trying to make friends, then make fun of someone that is trying to make changes in their life in some manner. It may not be the way you would think it's best to go about it, however you making it the topic of your first post shows how insensitive and oafish your actions are,

^ This.
  • Bigmommakat
    Options
    I agree.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't like regular coke.

Me either. Diet coke and Coke Zero all the way.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I drinks a lot. So I gotta try to go low cal or I'll be drinking 900 cals in rum runners. That's why I got fat.
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options

What she said!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I am diabetic so i always drink diet.

^^^This is exactly the reason I drink diet soda. Esp when mixing it with alcohol. I'm not suppose to take insulin to cover any alcoholic drinks so if I use regular soda I become even more dehydrated then usual and it's a horrible feeling.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't like regular coke.

I dont like aspartame and i dont like drinks who claim to be healthy by using words like 'diet' in the title when they are no such thing.

So "diet" and "healthy" are synonymous now? I just drink diet for no sugar. I hate the taste of regular soda.