MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know, right? I mean, if I'm going to eat a cheeseburger, I darn well better eat a large order of fries with it ... otherwise what's the point?

If I'm going to get a coffee, I darn well better drink it with whole milk and add extra shots of flavor ... otherwise, what's the point?

Hmm. Wait a second. If I'm trying to lose weight, adding those extra calories doesn't make any sense at all.

Logic fail.

Exactly. I lost 90 lbs drinking 2-3 times a week. I drink diet coke with Crown. I haven't had a "regular" soda in over 15 years and don't like them, they coat my mouth with sugar. Why would I double the calories on my drink of choice?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Why bother with the coke at all :drinker:

^^^ :love:
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The guy who posted this sounds like a tool.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    To hell with the coke....just do shots!
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i dont get it. this post seems a bit ridiculous to me.

youre not going to be friends with someone because of what they drink?
  • TNcrafter
    Options
    That is a smart use of calories. Forgo the extra sugar and stay on track and still celbrate!!!!!
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The guy who posted this sounds like a tool.
    agreed
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here laughing because that is my drink and at first I was having it with diet coke... and logging it... since it isn't that often that I have them (well not as often as I would like at least, lol) I go for the real thing - CUBA LIBRE (Bacardi and Coke) and please don't be cheap with the bacardi - if it taste like coke you are doing it wrong, lol

but ya know... when you first start and until you get a good hold of things it is good to learn what is what and how much is a good amount... then after you gain a lil more freedom

I just consider my drinking days my spike days, lol
  • Shed_Em
    Shed_Em Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice. Congrats on 90 lbs by the way, that's an impressive feat.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I drink my vodka with more vodka and a diet coke chaser. And I hurry up and log it on MFP when I drink it. I must be such a loser. *whines about it*
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Why bother with the coke at all :drinker:

^^^ this.
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify - is it the alcohol you take up issue with, or the diet soda? Either way, why do you care what someone else drinks & chooses to log? Or is it that you have to scroll through all the drink combos with "diet" and this annoys you when you chose to log your drinks, hence the rant?

In my opinion, in order to successfully make a lifestyle change one must not give up anything that they cannot live without forever. If they do the result is failure in the future when they go back to old habits.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I drink to forget and also to....... What was it I was saying? Can't remember.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Would Sprite Zero be better?!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I will stick to vodka and *sugar free* rockstar
  • buzymamagoals
    buzymamagoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Who cares really, just leave the pop out, drink it strait
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I prefer my rum with tequila, gin, whiskey, and vodka. Unfortunately, that may have gotten me banned from the Red Line in DC and the entire city of Bethesda. Now I drink my rum with diet so it seems we can't be friends.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People really choose their friends based on what other people drink (and eat I will assume) - lol I wouldn't call them friends and if I was that snobbish, I could eliminate some family as well.......

REALLY? lmao that's childish. People are people, get over yourself!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    dafuq are you going on about?

Haha, right!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hate soda and love rum, in my drinking days why F up perfectly good rum by adding any nasty soda to it!