MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This HAS to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on here.....OP, how judgmental are you?? WTF. SMH

This!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I drink to get drunk....

and did a great job of it last Saturday - as did i with - OH RUM and DIET COKE
  • shagybear33
    Options
    would vodka and Zevia be acceptable to you? could we be friends then? lol ;-)
  • Leeska
    Options
    Before I stopped drinking, I drank rum and diet coke. I'm diabetic so I can't drink real soda. Is that an exception? XOXO
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You sir, would NOT want to be my friend. You would likely lose sleep over me and my food diary.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't get what's so ridiculous. Someone doesn't want the added calories and sugar of regular Coke, what's the problem with using diet?
    The point is. It's absurd that someone who is drinking would have a "conscience" and choose diet coke. If they were really that concerned they shouldn't even be drinking in the first place.

They don't want the added sugar from coke, yet they will take the added sugar from alcohol. Yeah, that sounds about right.

So if they want to drink and are already consuming the calories in rum, they're wrong if they want to skip the other 120 calories in coke? People are really judgmental.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't eat or drink diet anything, but I still wouldn't want to be your friend.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

What's tragic here is drinking Bacardi...
    as I sit here in the airport lounge sipping my Captain Morgan. And Diet coke.
    I just prefer diet, nothing to do with calories.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I log all my drinks in MFP

Rum & COKE,
    Gin & TONIC

Nothing but the real things baby
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Why bother with the coke at all :drinker:
    Exactly!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    What's tragic here is drinking Bacardi...
    as I sit here in the airport lounge sipping my Captain Morgan. And Diet coke.
    I just prefer diet, nothing to do with calories.

:love: I think I'm in love
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.

THIS. Every bit counts.... kinda like when I order a diet coke with my big mac... :)
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    I put Jolly Ranchers in my Zima. Is that cool?
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I couldn't give a **** what anyone thinks. I drink captain and diet coke with a twist of lime. I really don't give a **** about calories when I'm going out to party. Nor do I give two ****s about the amounts of sugar in it. Most good rum is made from SUGAR CANE anyways so wtf?!?! You're gonna get a hangover anyways, drink up! I just happen to like the taste of the diet coke over the regular coke when it's mixed with rum. It tastes a little like vanilla coke and I ****en like it!

LOL, you are awesome and ditto!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you drink enough Jager, then you hurl, thereby negating all calories. And probably even some of the food calories from your day.

:bigsmile:

(Oops--am I promoting bulimia???)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with your rant. Why eff up a perfectly good Rum & Coke with Diet soda? Beats the fruck outa me. LOL

This....if I'm going to be out drinking I want the REAL deal. Normally I'm a diet coke drinker, but if I'm going to add some yummy Captain Morgan...give me the real thing!
  • sionnain
    Options
    Huge fan of rum & diet coke right here!
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    I dont understand the issue? Every calorie counts. Just ask your *kitten*!
  • naschulze
    Options
    I'll just take the shot of rum please, no coke necessary
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Captain Morgan 100 with Diet Dr Pepper, thank you. And don't pour me no skinny little shot, it better be a hearty 8-10 count.

Add me if you like, I got the smart @ss portion covered, & I do NOT deny myself (anything. really.).