MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• tray71
    tray71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    only 5 drinks
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I be gettin' the feeling tray71's been on the rum all night...
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Bc drinking rum straight up wouldn't be very good..

I be takin' offence to that.

Me too but you should at least put some ice in it... that counts as water right?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Bc drinking rum straight up wouldn't be very good..

I be takin' offence to that.

Me too but you should at least put some ice in it... that counts as water right?

:laugh: :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

While I get what you're saying, if you go to a bar and order a rum and Coke and the bartender makes it according to specs, it is 1 oz of rum and 6 oz of Coke. That's the drink.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I use diet coke so I can log it as water. Can't do that if I use regular coke.
  • I use diet coke so I can log it as water. Can't do that if I use regular coke.

Dunno if you were trying to be humorous or not...so if you were, ignore the rest of this.

But, you shouldn't log Diet Coke as water, it does have other things in it, like caffeine and sodium, so it's not the same as drinking water...in fact just the opposite: it tends to dehydrate you. That's worth keeping track of, IMO.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    LOL

Well heck line up a nice body that we can do shots off of :tongue: :drinker:

and pfffffffffffffffffft love my coke zero and crown
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic so i always drink diet.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Funk, all this thread does is to remind me that I forgot to log my Baileys from last night drunken o'fest. Shiz!
    <---- last night. Early.
  • guttsy386
    Options
    Why don't you all just chill out and have a nice long glass of Rum and Coke!!!!! Full Fat!!!
  • stevewnicholson
    Options
    Fact is diet coke is worse for you than regular coke. Since diet Coke has aspartame in it and its a chemical you body has no idea how to digest it so it stays in your system. Your body knows how to get rid of sugar.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of regular coke, never have. I buy drink caffeine-free diet coke if I feel like a soda. So the couple times a year I have a mixed drink I will order diet coke.

I'm more of a beer girl myself. :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I use diet coke so I can log it as water. Can't do that if I use regular coke.

Dunno if you were trying to be humorous or not...so if you were, ignore the rest of this.

But, you shouldn't log Diet Coke as water, it does have other things in it, like caffeine and sodium, so it's not the same as drinking water...in fact just the opposite: it tends to dehydrate you. That's worth keeping track of, IMO.

Wrong.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Why don't you all just chill out and have a nice long glass of Rum and Coke!!!!! Full Fat!!!

"Full fat" rum and Coke???
  • WesKate
    WesKate Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    weird intro but i agree. besides the fact the diet anything is terrible for you. i would rather lose weight with full normal sugar items because i am satisfied & they generally taste better & are better for you then their diet counterparts. the only thing i get that is i guess diet friendly (course everyone diets whether healthy or not a diet is what you eat) is low fat dairy products otherwise give me the real stuff. If I want it I will work it in. All in moderation, no fast food value meal with a large diet coke to make3 myself feel better about it. I will eat, log, & move on. (course those meals are very few now because i like to spread my calories out). Welcome & add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So it's just ridiculous that I type in "Rum & Coke" to the search feature
    ...and you did this, why?
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options

"Full fat" rum and Coke???

That's how they refer to it here in the UK- sounds a bit weird at first, and not really accurate at all, but you get used to it ;)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious?

RAGE!!!!

muslimrage.jpg
  • spireswife1
    Options
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.

Thank You!