MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I+m+not+a+Brony+I+just+don+t+see+how+this+_8a83037c7d87a2ffbc097301e7df4139.jpg
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Priceless, please add me.
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    Quite frankly, it makes no difference.... Alcohol is so fattening and that's half the reason why a lot of people have weight problems... because they don't realize how much they are really drinking... then they are way too hung over to burn it off the following morning so the calories sit and turn into fat.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Id do it...that not the drink of my choice but I cant stand the taste of REAL coke, so I always drink diet coke...even in my mixed drinks....for me, its not about the calories its about the taste. Give me a Jack and diet coke and im happy...better yet, just give me the Jack, neat.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

Is this real? Or is this a troll?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    What's tragic here is drinking Bacardi...
    as I sit here in the airport lounge sipping my Captain Morgan. And Diet coke.
    I just prefer diet, nothing to do with calories.

I think you have a little captain in you... :drinker:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.

that makes sense- I prefer diet coke over regular simply because of taste- and i don't even like the taste of alcohol so if I were to drink i really wouldn't want the "added" calories anyways.

I guess this is really just a good option for those who plan on going overboard with drinking... or for those who do it often enough that it would actually impact their overall diet.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    "If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. "

not a lot of mourning going on in this thread
  • cherbapp
    Options
    I would NEVER have rum in a diet coke.

Jack Daniels...for sure. Oh and Kaluha in my diet dr pepper.

I gotta add...YOU - ZERO pounds lost...ME - 70
  • lucy2fat
    Options
    Hey to each his own I dont drink anymore but I cant stand diet anything so I would have rum and rum I like anybody who uses the word snarky
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    There is no way I will destroy a good drink with diet mixers. If I am drinking, I want to enjoy the taste. It is not just about the calories.

I also like the drink to taste like it has alcohol in it and 1 oz of anything does't really cut it.

I eat and drink what I want and I was still able to reach my goal and maintain.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Mate if THAT bothers you, you are going to have a bad time on the internet.

^This!
  • Shed_Em
    Shed_Em Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know, right? I mean, if I'm going to eat a cheeseburger, I darn well better eat a large order of fries with it ... otherwise what's the point?

If I'm going to get a coffee, I darn well better drink it with whole milk and add extra shots of flavor ... otherwise, what's the point?

Hmm. Wait a second. If I'm trying to lose weight, adding those extra calories doesn't make any sense at all.

Logic fail.
  • trishgrace
    Options
    Rumchata is better
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hell, just toss out the Coke and go straight to the rum. Problem solved.
  • Lizzyhg
    Options
    Honestly (before I started the diet) I liked the taste of diet coke over regular coke!! When I saw that you can have a "skinny *****" drink with diet coke and vodka, i was like YAY!!! Lol
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    woah woah woah. slow down.
    I can only drink one at a time. do I need a jigger to make this drink?

you see me in the bar with my smart phone out, slamming Bacardi and cokes. yup. mpf. followed by drunken posts on the forum.

heart you!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    step up your **** and drink it all straight!

JD on the rocks followed by shots of JAMO -- yes please
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    this is rather amusing........
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    MOAR THREDZ FROM THE OP PLZ!!