MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Is this real? Or is this a troll?

There's such a fine line between excellent sarcasm and trolling. A well-crafted piece of sarcasm should immediately elicit outrage from people who read it too quickly, followed by a more thorough read and a good laugh. This was grade-A choice sarcasm, in that the best clues were given at the end where many had apparently stopped reading.

The trouble is, people read the first few sentences, decide their panties need to be bunched, and start raging. We're too impatient a society any more to stop and appreciate fine sarcasm, so we lash out and yell "troll". Not that the readers are unintelligent, just too rushed or ambivalent to read the whole point, and too concerned that someone is doing something wrong on the Internet to just laugh it off and move on. And I suspect this paragraph will be quoted and used out of context to accuse me of calling them stupid, when that's not my point at all. Bonus points if they include these two sentences.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    6oz of cola 70 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 140kcal
    60z of diet cola 0 calories. shot a rum 70 calories. total 70kcal.
    you can easily save 350 kcal in a night of drinking.

I agree! It's all about the little things adding up. Also, I prefer the taste of diet coke. Regular coke is way too sweet. I see no problem with the drink. Why you feel the need to post about it however, is a different story...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You must have quite an easy life if the only thing you can get worked up about is people drinking diet coke in their rum!

I prefer coke zero myself and i'd have that if i were having rum. I prefer the taste, and why have extra calories when you don't need to?

Although I went to Cuba for my honeymoon and drank a lot of rum with normal coke, and I only put on 1lb in 2 weeks all inclusive!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i loled at that :

Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke.

why would you ruin perfectly good celebration by puting coke in your rum ? O:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't get what's so ridiculous. Someone doesn't want the added calories and sugar of regular Coke, what's the problem with using diet?

exactly. they just want the chemicals and artificial stuff in diet coke
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my husband drinks diet coke and bacardi all the time. he is extremely fit and smart and fun and...you know, i think i only want friends who drink diet coke and rum or jack or makers.
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't like regular coke.

THIS!!!! Been drinking diet soda for too long...regular soda is way too sweet for me. Sorry if this precludes me from being your friend.:drinker:
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Screw rum and Coke...I'm drinking Jagermiester!! :drinker:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Kind of a weird rant! I don't like regular coke. I like the taste of Diet Coke, but my favorite is Diet 7-up. It's my drink of choice with vodka or black cherry rum. Why do you care, I wonder... Signed, confused, but happy with Diet 7-UP. :drinker:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Screw rum and Coke...I'm drinking Jagermiester!! :drinker:

Or this!!! With Diet Cranberry juice of course. :wink:
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like beer.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Diet coke leaves room for more rum!
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

Is this real? Or is this a troll?

He stated a little while ago that he was trolling...but I don't know. Might be a cop out for his azzhattry.
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! get a life, I read a few responses and laughed my *kitten* off. You don't have anything more to dp than judge others...WOW!!!!!! get something a little more interesting to do in life...
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I happen to like diet coke and I personally like to drink so I will continue to drink my rum & diets or my vodka/diets!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you think that is crazy, breast milk is in the database, so apparently a member logged it into his/her diary at some point.

Kind of makes the whole diet coke thing seem tame. :bigsmile:

BOOGER is also in the database, or it was at one time, not sure if it still is. LOL... Just gave me an idea for a new thread!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots Shots Shots Shot Shots! Shots! Shots! Errryyyyboddyyyy!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Has NO ONE mentioned Sailor Jerry? For shame!!!

I sometimes like my Sailor Jerry with Cherry Coke Zero... Sailor Cherry ;)

Anyone that doesn't like it doesn't have to drink it.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm a vodka diet man myself. I log it. I'm not trying to undo a whole weeks worth of hard work because I had to have the full calorie coke with my drink.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    woah woah woah. slow down.
    I can only drink one at a time. do I need a jigger to make this drink?

you see me in the bar with my smart phone out, slamming Bacardi and cokes. yup. mpf. followed by drunken posts on the forum.

<3