MyFitnessPal Newbie says: Rum & Diet Coke? Gimme A Break!!

Options

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Screw rum and Coke...I'm drinking Jagermiester!! :drinker:
    Well i wouldn't go so far as to say screw rum (I love me some good rum), but Jager and a nice glass of ice water and we are all good! :drinker:
  • wahlstrw
    wahlstrw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try rum and Dr. Pepper....that was the first mistake.
  • MikesterAZ
    MikesterAZ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

^ amateur.

Don't hate me because I'm awesome.
  • MikesterAZ
    Options
    Try rum and Dr. Pepper....that was the first mistake.

Yum, that actually sounds good!! Mt Dew is my soda pop of choice, makes me wonder what would mix well with it?
  • MikesterAZ
    Options
    Canada: This is all your fault.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    A REAL mixed drink is Jack Daniels with cider.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like grape apes :p

BUT I save calories with diet coke and rum, plus I'm not a fan of the flavor of regular coke.
    Not sure what the big deal is.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    When I was drinking, I would buy myself a bottle of Maker's Mark and some Coke to drink at home when I could sip and savor the sweet sweet goodness of it. But if I'm going to a bar and just want to drink to drink, I would order something like a Bacardi and diet Coke.
  • nabelaca
    Options
    He or she doesnt like the taste of regular coke. I will have vanilla in my diet coke!:smile:
  • Pummelig
    Options
    Regular Coke is too sweet to mix with rum and if you add lemon it´s called a "Cuba Libre" :drinker:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    could be worse. like popcorn w/o butter.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Has NO ONE mentioned Sailor Jerry? For shame!!!

I sometimes like my Sailor Jerry with Cherry Coke Zero... Sailor Cherry ;)

Anyone that doesn't like it doesn't have to drink it.

Sailor Jerry with Coke is like the best rum and Coke combo ever.

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE PREGNANT?! I MISS BOOZE SO MUCH! Must...keep...hands...off...gin...and...vermouth
  • arlene1554
    arlene1554 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    PLEASE....don't friend me!!! I happen to like rum and diet coke. But, since you seem to be offended by my choice...by all means...DON'T FRIEND ME !!!!! Hahahahaha!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer the taste of Diet Coke to regular Coke. I, for one, think regular Coke tastes nasty. Diet coke has a better taste, so I would drink Diet Coke. It isn't about the cals.

This!
  • blondie1471
    blondie1471 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hahahah so true x
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site a couple days ago and looking for people to befriend. I am stunned that anybody actually bothered to make a Rum & Diet Coke and frankly i have a hard time believing it. You're kidding, right? If you use Diet Coke in your Rum & Cokes, maybe we shouldn't be friends. Finally I found a serving of Bacardi Light with Classic Coke and the recipe is like 6oz of Coke and a 1oz shot of rum. Are you serious? I don' t drink that often but when I do it's a special occasion and I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good celebration with a tiny little shot of rum in some Diet Coke. And then hurry up and come post it online. LOL!! This is so tragic to me. So if you are able to diet without going over the top with ridiculous things like that, PLEASE add me so I can post cute little snarky status updates about it, and get your feedback!! kThx .....

^ amateur.

Don't hate me because I'm awesome.
    OMG! you ARE awesome! and your cracking me up! me and people with no humor don't get along! add me!!!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You'll hate me then! I can't drink full sugar cola or pepsi because it gives me really bad stomach ache ): I do drink diet pepsi though and I drink a lot of rum (i'm a student... and rum is cheap. Although cheap rum doesn't taste good. But being a student isn't about enjoying the taste of alcohol is it haha).
  • MikesterAZ
    Options
    Regular Coke is too sweet to mix with rum and if you add lemon it´s called a "Cuba Libre" :drinker:

I'm glad you brought that up!! Note to bartender: do NOT allow a piece of fruit to touch my drink or I will ask you to remake it.
  • I agree totally!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I'm glad you brought that up!! Note to bartender: do NOT allow a piece of fruit to touch my drink or I will ask you to remake it.

A real man isn't afraid of a little fruit in their drink ;)