Best weightloss calculator I've EVER come across.

Options

Replies

• beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blixgirl7
    blixgirl7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good tool, but iI don't fully grasp the schedule option under Macro Calculator. Explain the "Days per Cycle" option. How does this effect your weely calorie intake?
  • bim381
    bim381 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    great tool! Thanks for sharing.
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    So you're saying that if I stick to this goal thingy, I might lose the weight I want!?!??

The only thing about this is it doesn't really tell me how to burn those calories calculated in my TDEE (since I think that it really depends on what you do for exercise that makes you lose weight)

Also, this is telling me that my body fat % is 23.5 (which is awesome and sounds accurate to me). When I was in college about 2 years ago, my BF was measured with a caliper and I was at 25%. I join the navy and they use their ancient ways of measuring body fat (measure tape) and I'm constantly at 33%. Soooooooo frustrating!! :mad:
  • watchmelose1
    watchmelose1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    saving to look later
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I entered in my weight when I started this journey and it told me it would take me until August to get to the weight I currently am...WAY OFF. I started Jan 6th and as of a few days ago I had lost 25 pounds. It didn't take me 6 months to do that.... I switched up every amount of information I could and never even came close to accurate.

It took me about 7 weeks to lose 25 pounds, not 6 months. I used every option I could select and change and still never came close to actual results. Bad calculator.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I entered in my weight when I started this journey and it told me it would take me until August to get to the weight I currently am...WAY OFF. I started Jan 6th and as of a few days ago I had lost 25 pounds. It didn't take me 6 months to do that.... I switched up every amount of information I could and never even came close to accurate.

It took me about 7 weeks to lose 25 pounds, not 6 months. I used every option I could select and change and still never came close to actual results. Bad calculator.

I entered everything correct and switched up stuff too. Its telling me Im going to lose 10lbs by August 2014??? Yeah .. no. Im gonna guess I did it wrong even though I dont think i did

EDIT: Nevermind, im just confused what the hell the session amounts thinger is.
  • edavis27
    edavis27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thabks
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    According to this calculator, I should keep doing exactly what I am currently doing in order to be at my goal body fat % by the beginning of summer (late May/early June). :flowerforyou:

I played around with it to change the macros and calories to exactly what I am currently doing, and it shows me losing at a rate of 0.83 pounds per week with an end goal of 16% body fat. I am currently calorie cycling and I eat 1500 calories (40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat) 6 days a week and 2000 calories (30% protein, 50% carbs, 20% fat) 1 day a week. The higher calorie day is scheduled for my Leg Day in the gym where I exert the most energy (barbell squats, deadlifts, walking lunges, etc.)

I only started on this particular calorie/carb cycle strategy just 2 weeks ago, so I will give it about a month or so, probably until the beginning of April, to see if it's really the best strategy for me. I check things out once a week anyway, so I will definitely make changes sooner than later if I gain any fat...but I highly doubt that will be happening. I was concidering adding another "high" day to my week. This may slow fat loss, but it will help me retain more lean mass so I don't have a bigger uphill climb when I reach my cutting goal before I start to add lean muscle.

The way I had to play around with this calculator was simply ignore that it wants me to eat more on workout days and less on non-workout days. I simply used the workout days section of the graphs as my high calorie days for the cycle, and non workout days for lower calories. My BMR is right around 1400.

I think as long as you understand the calculator, how to manipulate it, and the science behind its calculations, it can definitely work!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks for this :happy:
  • budqe
    budqe Posts: 1
    Options
    MFP is telling me 1650 calories a day, while this one is saying ~1950. Input everything correctly. Will have to try it out and see how it goes =]
  • kburrows82
    kburrows82 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this. I like the calculator. It basically confirmed that I am doing what is right for me :)
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maddiequinlan
    maddiequinlan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump