Best weightloss calculator I've EVER come across.

Options

Replies

• Delolajo2
    Delolajo2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • bump for later
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing :)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • tanzz9
    tanzz9 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    thankyou!! :)
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across this not long ago.
    If you use it properly, it is bloody ace.

I put in all my stats from 9 weeks ago when I started my cut, then put in my rest day intake and workout day intake that I've followed over that time, as well as my macro percentages, then let it work it's magic to plot out the theoretical weight/fat/lbm losses that I would've had up until 9 weeks ahead (i.e, now)
    It was 99% right on target. I started at around 18% body fat and 81kg, and it said if I had have followed what I was doing then 9 weeks in the future (now) I'd be around 13% body fat and weigh 76.5kg. Which is pretty much EXACTLY what I'm at now.

Put in some accurate details and it will give you accurate results. You can adjust your protein/carb/fat intakes, caloric intakes...have a play around.

Oh, and ignore the fact that it's an Intermittent Fasting Calculator. It's not just for that; you can spread out those calories however the hell you want them during the day.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
    any idea how to change it from weight gain to weight loss on the calculator or is only for weight gain?
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    bump
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across this not long ago.
    If you use it properly, it is bloody ace.

I put in all my stats from 9 weeks ago when I started my cut, then put in my rest day intake and workout day intake that I've followed over that time, as well as my macro percentages, then let it work it's magic to plot out the theoretical weight/fat/lbm losses that I would've had up until 9 weeks ahead (i.e, now)
    It was 99% right on target. I started at around 18% body fat and 81kg, and it said if I had have followed what I was doing then 9 weeks in the future (now) I'd be around 13% body fat and weigh 76.5kg. Which is pretty much EXACTLY what I'm at now.

Put in some accurate details and it will give you accurate results. You can adjust your protein/carb/fat intakes, caloric intakes...have a play around.

Oh, and ignore the fact that it's an Intermittent Fasting Calculator. It's not just for that; you can spread out those calories however the hell you want them during the day.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
    any idea how to change it from weight gain to weight loss on the calculator or is only for weight gain?

oh i just worked it out. this is very cool
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It's neat, BUT in order for it to be accurate to my weight loss since I started, according to that I'd have to be eating a 46% deficit which I most definitely am not.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've used this calculator before but had forgotten about it and went back to my old habits (bad gemmy). What I do find interesting about it though is that on the first page it tells you what your minimum daily calories are which for me is a whopping -1500. So if we can safely eat under our BMR (for a certain period of time, not forever) why do so many people insist that eating under BMR is setting you up for failure? According to this I should be eating under my BMR to get a 1lb a week loss, 1400 cals a day which is an average of -25% TDEE (it said 1300 for rest days and 1500 workout days, I just took the average so as not to cause myself confusion), but according to things that get said on the forums eating under BMR is tantamount to sacrilege. So is it ok or not? Confused.
  • WhenOneEnds
    Options
    Sounds good, shame I can't see it from my iPad. Surprised I'd didn't come across this thread sooner.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @justgemmy--I was thinking the same thing and it told me my minimum was 500 calories. And I"m thinking "um, surely they mean my deficit?!" lol. This does kind of confirm what I always think, that I'm safe eating under BMR until I lose quite a bit of my weight
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ta x
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can some kind soul give a few instructions on the calculator? What formula should I use?
    It says I'm 15.8% body fat but that can't be accurate!? :frown:
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    I've used this calculator before but had forgotten about it and went back to my old habits (bad gemmy). What I do find interesting about it though is that on the first page it tells you what your minimum daily calories are which for me is a whopping -1500. So if we can safely eat under our BMR (for a certain period of time, not forever) why do so many people insist that eating under BMR is setting you up for failure? According to this I should be eating under my BMR to get a 1lb a week loss, 1400 cals a day which is an average of -25% TDEE (it said 1300 for rest days and 1500 workout days, I just took the average so as not to cause myself confusion), but according to things that get said on the forums eating under BMR is tantamount to sacrilege. So is it ok or not? Confused.

I also find this confusing! Other calculators I've used have given me the same answers - that I have to eat below my BMR to lose 1 lbs per week. People on here seem to be very quick to say that you either eat too little or too much..
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    According to this calculator I can only eat 1214 cals on both rest days and workout days to lose 1 lb per week which I think most people on here would recommend against.. Can this be accurate?
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out later.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    bump