A Happy Marriage = Wife in the Kitchen

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options

you get everything you want in life and then complain about your damn diamond shoes.

:heart: Love this. :heart:
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i agree, wife should be in the kitchen, playing with kids, shopping, cleaning, taking care of her mans needs. Man needs to be working, bringing home lots of money, not complaining about having to work, bringing her expensive trinkets and baubels, playing with kids in evening, fixing wifes car, yard work, hauling out garbage, making sure wife is VERY satisfied in the bedroom.

I pretty much think you're awesome. I concur. I like manly working men. The stay at home dad thing isn't for me.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think it's about more than sharing the housework or not.

A lot of things have changed since the days when women used to work solely in the home. Society's values have changed, women often work outside the house now, attitudes towards divorce have changed and women expect more equality.

I haven't read the study but it needs to focus on other things as well as sharing the housework or not...
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    i agree, wife should be in the kitchen, playing with kids, shopping, cleaning, taking care of her mans needs. Man needs to be working, bringing home lots of money, not complaining about having to work, bringing her expensive trinkets and baubels, playing with kids in evening, fixing wifes car, yard work, hauling out garbage, making sure wife is VERY satisfied in the bedroom.

I pretty much think you're awesome. I concur. I like manly working men. The stay at home dad thing isn't for me.

damn right! What guy in his right mind would want to spend time raising his kids when he can work all day away from all that garbage in order to make lots of money to basically pay 'someone' to do the house work for him, while taking care of the annoying little brats, making his dinner, and then fufilling all his sexual needs.
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ah. So THAT's why my marriage failed.

In all seriousness, that was probably the biggest thing my ex-husband and I argued about. He had this image in his head of a perfect little housewife who kept a spotless house and cooked amazing dinners. That's not me, nor will it EVER be. I was working 12- and even 24-hour shifts at the time and we had a young daughter...but even when I tried staying home, what he wanted just wasn't practical. It was yet another attempt from him to control me. And I wasn't about to sacrifice my own happiness and sanity to prolong a miserable sham of a marriage. I've never been one to honor "tradition" anyway. ;)

Now, I'm with a much more open-minded man. He does the majority of the cooking and dishwashing, takes out the trash and does his own laundry. I bake him yummy treats, vacuum/dust/organize the house, clean the bathroom and take care of shared laundry like towels, bedding, etc. We've both chosen the tasks we're better at and/or don't mind doing; it works best for US and we're both happy this way.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i disagree with this. mainly because i work full time shifts while my hubby is a stay at home dad of 3 kids (ages 6,4 and 2).

on my days off, i do all of the cooking. but i HATE housework. i mean, i'll load the dishwasher and hang out the laundry. but anything more taxing i really don't see why i should have to do it. i go to work and get paid. he stays home and does more housework than me. it's part of his job, and he's better at it- i really don't see the mess. as long as there's a clear path for me to walk through, i really don't care.

the one thing that we do agree on is that we spend $30 a week on having a cleaner come in for 2hrs, and she mops the floors and blitzes the kitchen and bathroom. we both hate that, and we have trouble making the time to get that done.

our relationship is fine! as long as he makes me my sammiches.
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    *WARNING: What you are about to read is politically incorrect.*
    I DREAM of being a wife and stay-at-home mom. It's what I feel called to do. If I have a husband who is willing to work the hard, long hours necessary to support a family, I would consider myself so, so blessed to marry a man like this. I would be absolutely delighted to take care of every last bit of housework, cooking, cleaning, and anything in between. There's a huge fallacy behind the "50/50, Husband better do his share of housework" mentality, especially if the wife is a SAHM... If my husband worked hard every day to "bring home the bacon," I would consider that to be much more than " his 50%," and would be happy to treat him like a king. I understand that there are extenuating circumstances-unemployment, disability, etc.- that would require SAHM's to go to work. I'm not judging.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    A happy marriage = lots of time in bed.

Someone should take up that study.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My husband said to me one day; 'Do you know the reason why you have smaller feet than me? It was because I could stand closer to the kitchen sink than him. So I said if that was the case it wasn't worth buying a whole pig to get a little sausage!!

A happy marriage = working as equals!

Now he washes the dishes and I dry and he cooks now and again when he is free and although we do have rough patches like every other marriage we work at it!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

This is why there is not a happier wife in the world than I. Or me. ;)
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different

Some people need a 50/50, some people prefer to do a job each - e.g one stay at home - one go out and work.

The important thing is to find out what YOU want before marrying someone and making sure they can offer you that.

Most importantly, marry you're best friend, marry someone because you LOVE them and can tell them anything, not because they fit some mould of what a man/woman should be.

Marry your 'other' . Not the media or a study or your mates idea of what your 'other' is.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

This is why there is not a happier wife in the world than I. Or me. ;)

Let's apply for a grant and get to work on this study... what do you say? :wink:
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my married life as a "stay at home", then I had to go back to work for 3 years. While I was at home I did the majority of the house work. When I had a "job" I did way less than 1/2.

After my experience in both situations is that When I was at home full time, and did most of the house work, I had more emotional and physical energy left to devote to my husband and our relationship. when I worked and then came home, and had to deal with even the small amount of housework and mothering that I did, I still had almost nothing left to give my husband.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    if i was a sahm and my husband worked all day long i sure as hell would do all the housework and cooking!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    *WARNING: What you are about to read is politically incorrect.*
    I DREAM of being a wife and stay-at-home mom. It's what I feel called to do. If I have a husband who is willing to work the hard, long hours necessary to support a family, I would consider myself so, so blessed to marry a man like this. I would be absolutely delighted to take care of every last bit of housework, cooking, cleaning, and anything in between. There's a huge fallacy behind the "50/50, Husband better do his share of housework" mentality, especially if the wife is a SAHM... If my husband worked hard every day to "bring home the bacon," I would consider that to be much more than " his 50%," and would be happy to treat him like a king. I understand that there are extenuating circumstances-unemployment, disability, etc.- that would require SAHM's to go to work. I'm not judging.
    i agree! i would love to be a stay at home mom! all chores and "duties" (or treats;))along with it! i also get happiness out of caring for others so its a win win situation!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    How could anybody be happy with "wifely duties"? Cooking, cleaning and taking care of kids?

I couldn't be more happy being a wife and mother. Fulfilling the wifely duties. I want to add 3-4 more children as well to my unit. I love being able to nurture my child, to have the respect I do from my man for holding down the home-front. The thank you I get from my man after dinner, to the hugs and kisses from my daughter. The "your the bestest cook ever mom" that she tells me whenever I/we bake something.

I think your remark wasn't well thought out .. that would be the same as if those of us that enjoy our "wifely duties" saying how can you get respect and enjoy working outside of the home.

So I will keep on obeying and honoring my man, Thank You.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/9572187/Couples-who-share-the-housework-are-more-likely-to-divorce-study-finds.html
    Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds
    Divorce rates are far higher among “modern” couples who share the housework than in those where the woman does the lion’s share of the chores, a Norwegian study has found. In what appears to be a slap in the face for gender equality, the report found the divorce rate among couples who shared housework equally was around 50 per cent higher than among those where the woman did most of the work.

Discuss

I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been married for 13 years and we both share the duties willingly, and he does his own laundry willingly - why? He doesnt want the chemicals in his clothing to ruin my business attire.

When he is sick, I take over all the responsibilities and help care for him.
    When I am sick, he does the same for me...

If I ever am expected to do every damn thing in the house, it will be because Im single.... I REFUSE to be any man's slave...
This discussion has been closed.