Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• claire_90
    Options
    Cons of Skinny?
    -like a lot of people have said being comfortable chairs and matressess are painful!
    - the attention from men. I am walking my dog, please don't yell out of your car window, make remarks to your mates when you walk past me at the shops etc..... I am 100% the same person insided, I was ignored by random men for 21 years, so if you give me attention just cause I'm skinny? I know it's not genuine and I don't fall for it.
    - no boobs
    - clothes selling out of your size

(I lost 40lbs, then regained them in 3 months and now have lot 10 of them again)
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i'll miss not being "stressed" or having to think about what i ate.
    the food freedom for lack of a better way to say it
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My favorite shirt that is way too big for me anymore, monthly Chinese buffet with my mom, my boobs, men leaving me alone when I'm minding my own business in public, and not being annoyed by my overweight friends when they say "I can't lose weight no matter what I do - hey, wanna go to Burger King?"
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I miss:

- Not being able to eat what I want without caring (I genuinely didn't care what I looked like when I was at my heaviest, it was a health issue that made me lose weight).
    - Not being able to sit for a long time and still be comfy (my tail bone kills if I sit for more than about 20 minutes).
    - My boobs.
    - Being friends with guys without them trying to get into my pants.
    - Being friends with girls without them being scared I was after their boyfriends.
    - Not spending so much money on clothes.
    - Being able to get ready in 5 minutes in the morning.. now I struggle to choose what to wear, doing my hair nicely and my make up.
    - Not getting a seat on the train from some kind old lady who thinks I'm with child.
    - Can't cuddle with my boyfriend without my hip bones becoming ridiculously uncomfortable and digging into him.

Overall, losing weight has made me realise that people will always be shallow. You're expected to make a huge effort when you're slim; something that was never expected of me before.

Of course I wouldn't change it for the world. I've worked very hard for almost three years, and have lost half of my original body weight, but there are negatives to every story.
  • matthewlamere
    matthewlamere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Other than missing being as full as possible and eating chineese food every night i miss nothing what so ever :p
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I miss not caring.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    when i carry heavy things i used to cushion myself balancing boxes or whatever using my fat...now it just hurts lol.

so true! Now my arms actually have to put in some effort :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a lot more cake. I miss cake. But not enough to go back to being fat..
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Being warmer in winter...... OMG I so miss my insulation..... I really do... apart from that.... nothing else. But then again it will come in handy not having the insulation in summer...... catch 22.... either freeze in winter or boil in summer.....

^^^^this
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here are a few things I've noticed..

1.) I get cold a lot more than I did when I was fat. Brrrr...
    2.) The attention I get from men.. Its just annoying!
    3.) I miss NOT counting calories.
    4.) I HATE my boobs now. :( I wish I had the money for fakes even though I'd prefer my old naturals. :( Booo. This is probably the worst! I've never had this problem until now.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    So far I've learned that women love their boobs as much as men love them and that men are annoying to pretty women. :laugh:
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Not feeling cold the entire time...
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Eating junk food.. Lol.

^^this one. But when I eat it now I feel bloated and disappointed with myself. So I'll miss the food but not the after effect. OH, and my boobs. :sad: :blushing:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Only two things that I'll live with:

butt hurts when I sit too long (so I fidget a lot)
    Stay cold (I wear long sleeves)

I think my boobs have downsized perfectly with me!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but I miss being left alone. I miss being able to walk into a store and not get stared and winked at by guys. While I think it's sweet that guys step in and try to pick up my dog food bag and put it on the check out counter, I am capable and you're not getting my number just because you can lift a bag that I also have no problem lifting. this is probably the biggest reason I've been dragging my feet to lose the rest of my weight. I don't like the attention.

Not stupid at all. I was raped when I was in college. I prided myself on not letting that criminal control my life beyond the few hours of the rape. I have struggled with my weight ever since then - but never connected the two. 20 years after I was raped I lost 65 lbs and got back to normal weight range for the first time in many years. I was in law school at the time and had to do a prison visit for a class. I was pawing through my closet the night before not really thinking about what I was doing, but nothing in there looked like the right thing to wear - and it hit me like a 2x4 - I was looking for something to make me look fat. Looking fat made me invisible to the stares, winks, and cat-calls (and the stranger who raped me started with unwanted attention). So being fat was protection against being raped again. I suspect that even though you may not have had a similar experience, at some gut level you recognize the "attention" for the hostility/power play it really is.

It has now been a little over a decade since that realization. I've been skinny more than fat, for the first time in my adult life - but it is hard to undo 20 years of bad habits that served to protect me, even though it no longer has the unconscious motivation supporting it.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd, but shaving my armpits was WAAAAAY easier before. Now, I still have an armpit I when I lift my arm, and getting a razor at the right angle is a total pain in the *kitten*.

That probably isn't an issue for you though....

OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem! It's the same with my knees - the bones make it hard to get a good shave!

I also find myself uncomfortable when I get stares and unwanted attention and sexual gestures from men. I don't miss being fat at all but I don't want that much attention! Women are more catty too...It seems like they all think I'm a b*tch at first and I have to prove to them that I'm really not!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep mentioning types of food? You can eat whatever TF you want to IIFYM and cals. Especially if you have LOST the fat and aren't still LOSING the fat.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep mentioning types of food? You can eat whatever TF you want to IIFYM and cals. Especially if you have LOST the fat and aren't still LOSING the fat.

Thank you! Ugh. I eat ice cream almost every single day, and I eat pizza probably once a week.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    The warmth!!

I'm so cold all the time now.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm still fat, but I am pretty sure once all of this is gone I will not even want to remember it again. Nope, I won't miss a thing.