What food is a real turn off?

Options

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Milk! I'm lactose intolerant, so I guess I just have a natural aversion to it. I can't even drink the Lactaid stuff, it still makes my tummy churn!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Seafood. any type. glorified cat food imo.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    All meat.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I could eat these, but then I over-consumed and now the smell alone makes me hurl :S

swisschocolateinsupermarket.jpg

Yep, actual swiss chocolate bars in OMFG size. nom nom :sick:
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hoghead cheese or scapple depending on where you're from, chuckwagon, lima beans
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    any type of fast food. i cant stand to smell mcdonalds and I always smell it on the buses :(

im the same way now too, its revolting!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    HAGGIS - it is made of sheep lung!

Disgusting!

Oh god I am gagging now! :o((
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Any shellfish, plus lobster and crab but I can eat ready-cooked and peeled prawns. Yes, I can eat shellfish all right but I just puke an hour or so later, so I am wasting my time eating them in the first place.

Oh and celery, avocado (the flesh tastes SO greasy - yuk), and pretty much all nuts or anything really fatty or salty. I don't cook with salt (haven't done for nearly 40 years) and only add salt to food after I have tasted it.. The smell of roasted peanuts or other similar things turns my stomach - I've hated them since I was about 7 or 8 and despite trying to like them time and time again, I just can't stand the taste. Just as well, as they are high in calories and it's so easy to eat a handful here and a handful there and before you know it, you've eaten a whole bag.

Oh, and I am not that fond of chocolate. What? I hear you say, not fond of chocolate? Well the reason for that is that during Occupational health training, I was posted to Cadburys for a 6 week placement. The first week was great, the 2nd not so good and by the end of the 3rd week I was washing my clothes and hair every night to try and get rid of the all-pervading chocolate smell that seemed to cling to me everywhere. By the 4th week I was dreading going in for my placement. Nowadays, I can eat the odd couple of squares but that's about it.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    every few years I try a bellpepper just to see if i've outgrown the aversion to them but I haven't :sick:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Sea creatures
    Any food with a name I don't like, for example pork scratching
    Very greasy food like you can see the oil oozing out
  • CassKatz
    CassKatz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Any kind of meat.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What are pork scratchings? What an awful name.. My answer would probably be any chunky loaf from a deli.

Take the skin off a pig; chop it into small pieces - being careful to leave the hairy bits on; deep fry it in dirty oil; dip it in a vat of salt. Package in a small bag with a cheery label and sell at an extortionate price.

Thats about as good as it gets - yuck :sick: :sick: :sick:

I don't know what the h.e.l.l. kind of chicharrones you are talking about, but you do not leave the hair on and they are supposed to be cooked in lard.
  • ArisF
    Options
    Beef Jerkey, hands down, is the most disgusting thing I've ever had.
    EWWW! The smell, the taste, the appearance actually looks quite tast though. lol
    OH!
    And cranberry sauce. Bleh!

That is all :D
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any meat...never has really been my thing. Yuck! Also organs...so most animal products. I'm not being that lame preachy vegetarian. I still eat cheese sometimes.

Also hummus. I hate hummus.

Also...mushrooms.

I'm fat due to fritos and Reece's.
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ewhhhh they are grosse just full of fat er xx
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    sea food (only sea food I eat its tuna)... They look disgusting, ugly, yucky :sick: :noway:

whenever I see somebody eating a shrimp I think they are munching a scorpion´s tail EWWWWW.. And octopus, omg :sick:

haha I liked shrimp...until I saw a shrimp dish with the eye still attached on someone's plate :sick:

I went to a party a few years ago, they had lobster :sick: I said, ok, lets make an effort, put lots of lemon on it and its like u are eating tuna (close your eyes and dont even look at the animal, with the legs, tail and all that yuckky stuff). Somebody else cracked it and opened for me..... SURPRISE, it was a female lobster FULL , and i mean FULL of eggs...... OMFG, the most disgusting thing I have seen!!!!!, for somebody that suffers from trypophobia (warning, do NOT google it) it was a nightmare, it almost made me vomit!. Needless to say, i didnt eat a damn thing!
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    HAGGIS - it is made of sheep lung!

Disgusting!

Oh god I am gagging now! :o((

Oh dear! You wouldnae do ony good here in Scotland then! (the spelling is deliberate).
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate the smell of any thing cooked in a deep fat fryer or grease yuk, my digestive systems tends to rejects it so that is a good thing.
  • BIRT1956
    BIRT1956 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon..:frown:

A couple of people in my office fix it in our office kitchen every single morning. The smell gags me!!!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Tripe!!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: