Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, offal, seafood, fatty or grisly meat. All make me gag.:sick:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Anything McDonalds, Burger King or KFC produces. The buns in particular are like no other bread I've encountered. The smell makes me nauseous.

Oh, and my mother-in-law makes something called 'congealed salad'. Nuff said.

OOooooh My.....I simply shudder at the word "congealed" in reference to anything one might eat
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Anchovies
  • searolex
    Options
    Just glimpsed through the responses to my post. Boy what a varied list!

Here are the current placings in the MFP Autumn 2012 Food Turn Off Stakes:
    Fast food is a couple of points ahead of seafood with liver and offal coming up fast on the inside.

Any bets on who the eventual winner will be?
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Pork Scratchings have to be the most disgusting food ever invented. And, they are about 650 cals per 100g with almost zero protein.
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ugh! Agreed! Even the name sounds incredibly unappetizing :sick:
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    What are pork scratchings? What an awful name.. My answer would probably be any chunky loaf from a deli.

Take the skin off a pig; chop it into small pieces - being careful to leave the hairy bits on; deep fry it in dirty oil; dip it in a vat of salt. Package in a small bag with a cheery label and sell at an extortionate price.

Thats about as good as it gets - yuck :sick: :sick: :sick:

I don't know what the h.e.l.l. kind of chicharrones you are talking about, but you do not leave the hair on and they are supposed to be cooked in lard.

LARD?!?! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Tripe!!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

AGREED!! Why would anyone want to deliberately eat intestines?!?! Also liver is pretty awful.
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    head cheese.
    cantalope

What is head cheese? Sounds like the results of a male venereal disease...
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tofu or anything made from soy (am glad to read I am not the only one) Onions, especially raw and these days chicken legs...the 'drum stick' part...I was very ill earlier this year following a dinner of these and tho' doc says it was probably noro virus, I cannot abide them since...*shudder* and "fake" foods like low fat/fat free/olive oil/canola oil mayo, margarine, "whipped" topping, etc.

I learned about this is psychology class. It's very common to develop aversions to foods that we associate with sickness. It's thought to be an adaptation from our animal days.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    bad breath and cruddy teeth..
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Liverpudding.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to have cheeseburger dogs for lunch. The only places I have seen him get them have been convienient stores...No Thank You!
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    anything that still has eyes when i have to eat it. whole shrimp, whole fish, lobster, blue crab.. blech. i LOVE seafood and i have been known to down a pile of crab legs, lobster meat, shrimp, etc.. but not if its whole. and shrimp that needs deveined. GROSS.

avocado, any animal organ, a cut of meat with a lot of fat on it, jello, overripe bananas, yoplait yogurt ( too runny...i really only like greek yogurt if it is has fruit on it.) those gross microwaveable meats.. salisbury steak and crap. is that even meat?
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    yogurt, bananas, and cantaloupe
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mayo, non-dairy creamer, liver, pop tarts (I hate the fake flavor, extra sugar, and bland flavor)
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Overly-sweet coffee... and all meat. lol
    Specifically by smell... super oily foods, eggs, roast turkey D: bleh ... and canned tuna is the absolute worst, imo.
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Taquitos.

Got food poisoning off of them one time.

Now the thought makes me ill.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Lima beans, organ meat, tapioca, anything with a slimey texture, thinks that are suppose to be savory but end up sweet (sweet pickles, kettle corn etc :sick: )
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    nori, tator tot hotdish, sashimi, apples, mayo
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Pork Scratchings have to be the most disgusting food ever invented. And, they are about 650 cals per 100g with almost zero protein.
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

But a hundred grams of fresh chicharrones is a huge amount ! 100grs are considered to be two decent servings when they are prepared in Salsa Verde.
    Here they are popular crumbled up, mixed with Pico de Gallo topped with a slice of avocado in a still warm corn tortilla. It is also believed that this is the ideal " hang-over " food.
    Of course I am spoiled and would never eat chicharron that comes out of a bag from the super market....:o).