What food is a real turn off?

Options

Replies

• lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms...I want to like them & I even give them a try every so often to see if my tastes have changed but I just can't do it. It's more the texture than the taste (whether cooked or fresh) that gets me. Something about those little gills creeps me out!

Also all natural peanut butter, I don't like how runny it is. It's supposed to be better for you but I'm sorry, I just can't give up my super processed Jif :tongue:
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I can eat pretty much anything but there are two things I can't stomach, raw oysters (too slimey) and coconut.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LIVER!! Haven't ate it since I was a kid and never will !
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Black Pudding
    Head Cheese
    Liver
    Eel
    Fish spawn

Yuck...all things I ate as a kid but can't stand now.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Olives.
    I hate the taste.
    Same with artichoke.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese or any cheese that isn't melted super gross to me!
    Pork
    Ketchup
    Cream Cheese it smells so disgusting especially on a hot bagel.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Calamari, clams, and mussels. I'm a disgrace to my Italian heritage said my Grandpop one time lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms...I want to like them & I even give them a try every so often to see if my tastes have changed but I just can't do it. It's more the texture than the taste (whether cooked or fresh) that gets me. Something about those little gills creeps me out!

Also all natural peanut butter, I don't like how runny it is. It's supposed to be better for you but I'm sorry, I just can't give up my super processed Jif :tongue:

If you stir it right, it's not runny at all! At least not Smucker's All Natural PB...
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Anything which looks like it may walk off your plate.... Lol

Lobster
    Prawns
    Mussels
    Whole fish left with the tail and head on lol
    Clams
    Calamari
    Squid

Also tripe looks disgusting when I've seen it in the butchers lol
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    chitlins so disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • msgabismit
    Options
    Celery! No matter how much you dress it up its still awful :sick: :sick: :sick:

I agree!!!
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    any food that is dripping in butter or grease. It makes my stomach churn just seeing it.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Canned okra~Ewww! It drips out of the can like slime. Disgusting!
  • Maria_81
    Options
    pork of any kind
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    asparagus, brussel sprouts, meat, eggs, fish, seafood, milk .
    I could live on salad and candy
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    sauerkraut

pork rinds

any once living creature that is still in the same form as it was alive (like crab or lobster still in a shell) Even though I don't eat seafood.

mayo. just the sight or smell of mayo makes me gag

any meat with a bunch of fat on it. I get by on very little meat in my diet and it has to be lean and well done. nothing bloody. I trim it well before cooking. If fat or grissle touches the plate I'm too grossed out to eat anything on the plate. I also don't eat meat off the bone like ribs or chicken
  • brilaa
    Options
    grapefruits ewwwww
  • msgabismit
    Options

I agree with the mushrooms and do the same thing. My mom makes the best stuffed ones (and they smell so delicious) but the texture, I cannot get past!!!
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Calamari. I've had really good fresh-of-the-fishing-boat calamari and it still felt like I was eating a rubber band.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Tofu or anything made from soy (am glad to read I am not the only one) Onions, especially raw and these days chicken legs...the 'drum stick' part...I was very ill earlier this year following a dinner of these and tho' doc says it was probably noro virus, I cannot abide them since...*shudder* and "fake" foods like low fat/fat free/olive oil/canola oil mayo, margarine, "whipped" topping, etc.