WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2012

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,174 Member
    Options
    I`m on cloud nine.Pic is of Alliyah Rose and grandma.
    She is so precious.Didn`t want to leave.
    DIL had a natural birth,coming to hospital 7 cm dilated.
    HUGS
    jane

Sorry, I have to do it. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Beautiful....
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Jane- She is precious!! Love babies! Our two grandchildren were adopted- one as a baby. There is nothing better than holding a new baby!

DeeDee-I have to do with fewer clothes also, but am thrilled to be down as much as I am. I am trying to be more like my mom and have just what I need instead of a huge closet full of clothes. (Well-maybe somewhere in between) Wish I liked fish- you make the salmon sound wonderful! The spaghetti squash does sound fantastic! I will have to fix it that way next time.

janehadji- I know what you mean about feeling like you need to stay close to your parents. Although I come from a very large family, I tend to be the one mom wants when she has a problem. Other than mom and dad, I don't feel any strong ties to the area and would love to travel when I retire. I have another 5 years, so I guess I will wait and see what the situation is at that time.

Amanda- my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends that are going through so much. Hope all turns out well.

Tests and dr appointments are done for now. I do have a small hernia and need to see the surgeon in November, but the other scarier part turned out to be nothing.Very thankful that all is well!

Have a great evening all!

Deb A
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi again,
    I have just been sort of lurking here all month. I do read everything and feel the pain, laughter, frustration and elation in all the posts.

Weight loss has been going okay. I am usually down a pound a week...which is fine for me. I'm about 6 pounds from my goal, but I think my bmi is still way too high.

My Fitbit died today. I will really miss it...for now. I emailed their customer service and they are going to send me a new one. I have heard before that they are a very good company when it comes to making sure the customers are satisfied.

We are really hoping that my son gets home from Afghanistan next week. Nothing has been said for sure yet. Praying!

It's going to be a very busy weekend, but I want to make sure I log food and water and read all the posts. And next week it's off to Phoenix for a teachers' conference. And hopefully some shopping. None of my clothes fit.:happy:

Have a wonderful rest of the week. Eileen
    I hope your son is home soon too..I will keep him in my prayers...it is a long journey from Afghanistan...mark left on a Wednesday and was back in CA on a Saturday
    Jen
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Jen. I know he hadn't left yet this morning. But he did say his replacement is there so it should be soon. I just keep praying for a safe return...whenever. Is your son HOME now? If so...enjoy every minute!! Eileen
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Kathy - so glad you like the job. That makes work so much better.

Eileen - I'll be praying too for your son to come home. Good for you in that none of your clothes fit

Amanda - boy, you sure have a lot going on with your family right now!

janemartin - big congrats! Oh, Alliyah is so cute, I just want to kiss those cheeks -- but you can do it for me

janaCanada - welcome, you'll get lots of support here, that's for sure

M - thanks for the info about being sure to wet the blade. Does it matter if you use hot or cold water?

Laura - yes, it IS hard giving the animal away, but knowing that you're giving it away so that it can help someone really helps. but it still hurts.

DeeDee - LOL about the cookies. Looks like you'll just have to plan for it....lol Actually, I usually keep a bag or two in the freezer "just in case"

I did an hour of a Jari Love Ripped to the Core DVD then some food shopping, came home and vince and I worked outside. You know, it's sad in a way, he was saying how he was in "excruciating" pain from the raking. I had a bit of pain the first day, but nothing since. He was raking and I was picking up the hay and then taking it to the back of the property to dump. I asked him if he'd rather do that and he said "oh no, God no". I'm suspecting (really, hoping) that it's more because I've been exercising and so my chest muscles aren't screaming at me. Sosmetimes I raked a bit just so that I'd have a decent sized load to dump. Vince would get upset at me that I wasn't keeping a straight line, but that's not what I was after, I just wanted to get some of the hay to dump. It'll all have to be raked eventually. We did finish the yard. He said that he's not planning to do anything tomorrow, maybe I'll use the weed killer.

Taking Loki to the vet tomorrow for his blood test.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do speed intervals at the Y on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We had a Halloween party at line dance today and I wore the same pumpkin costume I’ve worn every year…..one of my friends commented that before I lost weight, looked like a pumpkin in the costume, and now I look like the stem.

:flowerforyou: I’m back to doing my weight training regularly again. I’ve cut the ankle weights down a few pounds from when I was doing weights in July and had to go back to doing pushups on the seat of the dining room chair instead of flat on the mat, but I’m generally doing well.

:flowerforyou: The dogs are loving the cooler weather and wanting to walk even more than usual. The only time they don’t want to walk is when it’s too warm.

:flowerforyou: We had an RV for several years and took many wonderful trips……during our 99 day trip one summer, Jake started talking about selling our house and RVing full time…..then he saw a beautiful wall hanging in New Mexico and started talking about what wall in the house he would put it on. That’s when we knew that we weren’t ready to travel full time. After a few years of RV travel, we decided that we’d traveled enough and sold it and now we rarely travel and when we do, we stay in hotels.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

1140350y6xzy9bjr7.gif
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am singing ♫ a song with Barbie's Happy Dance guys - I would be so happy if they were to burn some calories in my virtual line dance going on :smile: I'm really curious what kind of music did you line dance to for Halloween? It sounds like a lot of fun.

Congratulations!!! Jane - your newborn granddaughter is beautiful and what a joy they are :happy:

I was watching a Hallmark channel movie tonight - the Last Dance - I ♥ the romantic movies. I am going to have keep this short as my hubby is already in here looking for me. Where does the time go?
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Thursday night and I can hardly wait for Friday – I’m going to sleep until I wake up late and then sleep some more.

Kathy – hope the MD job is working out well for you and is interesting. Good to hear about the 1.5 # loss – bravo!

Liz – how was the corn maze. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to do one of those. Hope your group had fun with it.

Amanda – sorry to hear about the illness around you, I hope everything turns out okay for all your family and friends.

Micki – looking forward to hearing about your exciting trip.

DeeDee – the sesame encrusted salmon and veg sounded great – and even more magical than usual – how terrific – 2 # is not to be sneezed at.

JaneM – you are getting a whole garden of beautiful GDs. Violet and Rose (well Alliyah Rose anyway). How wonderful for you! Lovely picture.

Cheryl – 2# too, wonderful!!!!!

JanaCanada – welcome to the post and keep visiting us and start talking – lol

Nancy – I’m a fan of shiritaki noodles. Just rinse them really well at the start. I use them instead of spaghetti, but I do find I need to use very seasoned or spicy sauce as they can be a bit bland. Your year of living unusually sounds like a wonderful experience. Here’s hoping something works for JaneH and she gets the opportunity to travel as well.

M – your description of the carpet around DH’s spot is very funny. Makes him sound like PigPen from Charlie Brown.

Kate – I’m glad to hear that the new boss is better. Work stress is just a pain in the ### and really does wear on your wellbeing. The scuba sounds terrific, I always wondered what it would be like. I’ve snorkeled and love that but never been down really deep. Have a great time in NYC. Great that the sewing machine repair was free – good customer service from that store.

Laura - The dog discussion about losing the equivalent of one or more - I have lost half an Eve and that’s a very disconcerting thought to think of ½ a dog. I don’t think I need to lose a whole one though – lol.

Barbie – AKA “the Stem” You’re going to have to break down and get a new costume.
    Love the happy dance.

I am getting so much sleep these days – in bed by 9:30 and barely read a chapter before I’m dozing off. Not much of an appetite either, except I had this craving for liver (yeah I know, very very weird). And when I cooked it I just couldn’t stand the smell. Youghurt is about the only thing I actually want to eat. And I'm bloated, waist is up an inch (but the scale isn't).

After raking all those leaves and nicely packing them in bags and stacking all the bags out on the boulevard for the works crew to pick up – I came home yesterday and all of the bags were gone. I check with the works crew and they didn’t take them so I guess the leaf thieves have been by. One of the office ladies said that maybe someone took them for mulching over the winter – too bad they didn’t come and rake them for me too. I’ll have to do the rest this weekend as the snow brought down a whole bunch more. Good thing the snow melted though, I’m not ready for that yet.

OK, that’s it. Hope everyone has a good evening and I’ll read all the new posts tomorrow. Off to bed now. Night all…
    Lila
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

I need to post before the pages go any further than page 14! Such a chatty and supportive group.
    Today was my day off and it was a busy one. Kids to school, home work, and then shopping with DD#1. I did not feel well today, I think it is that hormonal stuff again DD#2 started her menses yesterday and I feel cranky and had a headache yesterday.:sad: I am feeling the menstrual stuff again. yuk, The only good thing is that I do not have any sugar cravings now so this is a miracle! :bigsmile:
    After school today went went to Ulta, MAC , sephora and then Victoria Secret. After these jaunts at the mall, we went to Costco for more shopping. So, I did get my walking in today. I see my Orthopedic Md in the am. I am going to print up the exercise and wt loss graphs for him to see. I think he will be happy! :happy: The R knee is not doing so well, but that wont stop me from exercising.:drinker: It has to be replaced, so whats the difference. I have to lose this weight for the surgery to be done,,,,so there is no choice.:ohwell:
    I must say that it was a little depressing to go to Victoria Secret with my daughter and try on bra's. I got measured and I am still a huge size :noway: :noway: 42 DDD. Before I got fat I was a 36c. I didn't fit into their biggest bra. I also had to look at myself in the mirror and still cant believe how big I am. How could I let myself gain so much weight. I also look so old sitting next to my beautiful young daughter.:sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:
    I feel good that already I have lost 35lbs,:happy: but when I looked at myself I can tell that my minds picture of what I look like and what I really look like are so different. I think this contributed to gaining the weight, plus not looking at myself in the mirror. I did not face the music per say. So, the positive thing is that I am on MFP with you awesome ladies and this has make me feel empowered again.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I know that this is going to be a long hard journey,but with all of you I CAN DO THIS!!!:drinker: :drinker: I am so grateful for all of you. your positive encouragement and sharing your journey with me! This time next year I will be a smaller woman in size but much larger in knowledge and confidence! :flowerforyou: Not to mention how much healthier I will be! :drinker: :drinker:
    So good night my friends. Have an awesome Friday and a healthy nutritious weekend. Hugs, Linda :heart:

DeeDee- our yellow lab is 9 and she still plays like a puppy from time to time! It is so wonderful when they do, because it is so hard for me to see them get old so fast! Glad that you lost that pound of water weight! Ok , so now the magic is with encrusted salmon…. Are you sure that you don’t have a magic potion for this 2 lb weight loss; You had cocktails and squash to boot! Ok, no hocus pocus there, just your hard work with exercising and logging your food! Congrats on the 2lb loss!:drinker: :drinker:

DebA- you are a very dedicated teacher- that makes you special in my book! Great news for you and your health concerns.:drinker:

Carolyn- you have a very special heart to take care of the animals like you do and then give them away. I could never you that! God bless you ! :cry: :cry: :bigsmile:

M- congrats on the pound lost. Yes, the sourdough bread is so good. My girls like it as toast in the morning. Thank you for the pizza info. I will have to try it out when I get some time! Ok, what kind of machine do you use to shampoo the carpets and does it do a good job? We have to call one of the carpet cleaning companies to clean the carpets. It is always over one hundred dollars. :noway: :noway:

Bk2france- :bigsmile: and goodlife1206 :bigsmile: –JanaCanada *:bigsmile: ************ welcome to the group************ :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wessecg- congrats on the smaller size pants! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Laura80111- hope you are getting caught up on the work. Did your boss like your budget reduction suggestions? Enjoy the snow. We never get it here in San Diego! I have never had a white Christmas, except when I lived in Alaska as a child! :bigsmile:

Janehadji- glad that you are getting your car back , just in time for the snow. Nothing wrong with being from Montana! That is a great place to be from! My Birkenstocks are the original pair that I bough when they first became popular. Lol This pair has traveled all over the world! I also had bunion surgery at 18. It hurts like a xxxx, oops. What store or what is DSW? :laugh:

Lin- hope your friend is doing better. How devastating to lose a puppy:sad: :sad:

Robin,Bodi and Ritter. Dear Ritter, you were a very naughty boy to pee on your master’s bed. I think I did better than you! I sleep in my kennel at night in my master’s bedroom. Well, I am 9 now, so I forgot how to whine or bark to go outside to do my business. So last night I had diarrhea and I got it all over my beautiful yellow fur coat and in my kennel. Boy, my master’s were upset with me when they had to take me and my kennel outside. I got a cold bath outside and so did my kennel. The whole house smelled like dog poop! So, don’t worry Ritter when your master reads this she will think that you didn't do such a bad thing after all! :laugh: Woof, woof Sundance aka yellow lab of Linda’s:devil: :devil:

Meg, I could never get my kids to do any cleaning like that for $10.00 Hope things will slow down for you soon at work and home! :flowerforyou:

Michele- can you tell me again about substituting applesauce for oil? There was something else you told us, but this brain can’t remember. I have started adding the information posted on here to a word document so I can remember it. You know things like recipes, books recommended etc. Michele - no raking up of leaves here. Think of the great calorie burn with the raking and then the great arm workout! At least now there is a positive side to work! Calories burn, muscles getting In shape!:flowerforyou:

Jane - congrats on the new grandbaby. She will be another lucky little girl to call you grandmother! Love the picture of you and new GD!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Kathy- good for you for keeping up with logging your food. That shows you are dedicated to taking care of yourself! Hope your new job with MD is going well!:wink::wink:

Micki- hope you get rid of those leg cramps. They are the worst things to get in the middle of the night. So you need more sodium or calcium or stretching of the leg muscles! For me it is usually calcium. So glad you are back! Cant wait to hear about your trip!:smile::smile:

Liz- hope all went well at the corn maze. Did any one get lost or not out of the maze? :tongue:

Eileen- praying for a safe return for your DS. Have fun in Phoenix, hopefully it wont be too hot!:flowerforyou:

Amanda- that is a long time to wait to get your mammogram results back. Praying that all is normal. Praying for healing and health for your family. You have been so very busy. I am glad that you have your lovely twin grandbabies to brighten your day!:heart:

Nancy- that was a great idea for you to give to Janehadji about the traveling. I spent 4 years traveling when I lived in the Middle East. I was in my 20’s and loved every minute of it. I would love to do more traveling to the placed I did not make it to. I would love to go to Australia, New Zealand and to South America. A few more places in Africa. What place did you enjoy most of all the places you traveled too? :bigsmile: sounds as if you had an awesome work out at the gym. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

Kate- good for you getting up early and going swimming! Scuba diving is a great sport if you are able to be in a clear warm body of water. If you can get over your fears it is a beautiful way to enjoy the life under the ocean. I did a lot of scuba diving in the Red Sea. Warm beautiful, clear and abundant sea life. I even went night diving there. The diving was always on a coral reef and the colors at night are true colors , you only have your flashlight to guide you and looks at sea life at night! Do what is comfortable for you. Maybe you can just snorkel! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lila- the thought of liver makes me wants to throw up!:sick: :sick: My mother made us eat it when we were kids and I hated it. I would feed mine to the dog under the table. The other thing we would do , was to put it in our napkin and then go to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet. Naughty, Naughty children. Lol Ok, that is enough on that topic! Why would someone come and take leaves? That is too funny. I would think that leaves would not be a hard thing to find this time of the year in your neck of the woods! I only feel like eating my Greek yogurt most of the time. I just love it. Hope all is ok and the bloating goes away! :cry: :cry:

Sorry if I missed anyone or messed up any info. It is now 0014 and I got up at 0730 this morning!!!!!!!!!!! really, time for bed!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends, :smile:

Just getting my day started today is going to be a full day. After work today will be helping out with a Halloween party/dance for a group of young adults with special needs. (my daughter's support group) there will be I think around 40 to 50 young people. I don't expect to be back home today till 11pm.

@Lili they had a lot of fun at the corn maze. I went twice with the day group and than with the afterschool group. so got lots of walking and fresh air in. It was really cold seem like I just could not get warm.

@Jane--- Congrats on the new Grandbaby!!!

@Lin I have had problems with MFP before too. Lin I hope your friend's ok.

@ Dee we have started remodling too. We live in a 1970's style ranch house that we bought just last year. It needs so much updating and our budget forces us to be DIYsers. Plumping stuff facuets etc is something we need to tackle too.

@M I want to try your pizza recipe. Will let you know how it turns out. Congrats on the loss!

@Linda-- It has been ages since I have been inside of a Victoria Secret" Nice of you to take yr DD. I wouldn't have been brave enough to get measured.

@Laura have you got caught up at work yet?

@lili-- Glad you are getting a lot of rest in. It so helps with everything it seems phyiscial and mental health.

@Michele-- I have never try replacing oil with applesauce before sounds interesting?

It is 5;30 am already time to start getting ready for work. Wishing everyone a good day will pop back in late tonight to try to catch up on the posts.

Liz
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Linda-Sun, we just have a Bissel Powersteamer Pro. I bought it at Target about 10 years ago, and it still works like a champ. It holds enough water to clean a room+ unless it's really dirty, and it takes any concentrated carpet shampoo. It's an upright, so it's as easy as vacuuming. I love it - and the best part? It cost $100 then - so it paid for itself the first time I used it! The only thing it doesn't do very well is the edges of the room - but that's because DH has cheap light carpet with crappy pads, so each room has a ring of dust/dirt around the edges that has discolored the carpet. That was from before I moved here, so not a lot I can do. It really brings up the dirt and animal hair though (the hair clumps up and I have to pick up balls of it after I'm done, but I can live with that).
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have to run today - literally. We have the dinner party tonight, lots of housecleaning to do still, some sewing, shopping, cooking - and I was going to take the day off from work but have so many meetings scheduled I'll have to be around for the morning at least. Ah, well, could be worse - found out yesterday we (our company) had a big layoff - I'm so fortunate I wasn't laid off - I keep thinking how nice it would be to "retire," but I'm not ready either fiscally or mentally just yet. My boss was really upset last night - she takes things like having to lay people off personally, even though it wasn't her decision or at her direction.

Anyway, Michele, yes, hot or cold water will do. If it's partially frozen I would use warm, otherwise either way is fine.

Linda-Sun, you're doing so good! You're losing weight, and just like it didn't appear overnight, it won't disappear overnight, but look how far you've come already! Thirty-five pounds is a lot of weight - it's a medium sized dog! Try not to focus on what you haven't done yet or how you've let yourself go but rather what you're doing now and how strong and fit that's making you feel! It's a big accomplishment.

Lila, I've been sleeping a ton too, but I haven't been sick. If you haven't been to the doctor's, I would say it's time. You may need some iron supplements (the liver craving is a big flashing neon sign) and may also be suffering from some other deficiencies (I don't mean that in a bad way). Do you still have your uterus and/or periods? Are they heavier than normal? Before I had mine removed I was having horrible periods, which accounted for a complete lack of energy because I was losing so much blood. Anyway, you don't have to answer these questions, just food for thought.

OK, I promised to keep this short - really have to run. We're expecting the Frankenstorm this week, with the rain expected to start tonight after midnight. It's going down to the low 30s this week and possibly our first snow next week. DH is going to have to really batton down the hatches!

Stay safe and dry, my East Coast friends, and everyone else enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,

M.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I was just typing away and all of a sudden my post disappeared into thin air:huh: :huh: :huh: , I didn`t even hit the reply button:angry::explode: . Now I don`t have time to redo it, and why is it it waited till my last sentence to just poof:explode: !!!! It must be the cyberspace trolls:devil: . Will try to repost later today:ohwell: .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~~Going to pt this am,then to see Alliyah and her parents.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!
    We got cold from 70`s to 30+.
    HUGS
    jane
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Jane - do you live in the Chicago area too?? We went from the 70's to the 30's too!

So this morning (my official weigh in) I did not see the 2 pounds I saw yesterday, but I did see a 1.2 loss, Yaaay!!! When will I learn to quit sneak peeking?

I am now 165.8 and 164.5 puts me at my halfway point. I hope I can make it there next Friday. Oddly when I started this I thouhgt I would most likely be content to weigh in the 160's. I am happy to say I am definitely not. My old clothes are still so far from fitting that it reminds me how small I was (and that was at 45 years old) so I can at least reach for my 45 weight even if I'll never be my 35 weight again. It has taken me almost 90 days to lose 18 pounds (I didn't start logging immediately). I am excited to see what the next 90 brings.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,174 Member
    Options
    Hello all - again, I've read all the posts but don't have time to respond to each of you. I'll be leaving for another dad trip on Monday and will really be falling far behind! I will go to several doctors appointments with him and I have an appointment with the social worker and facilities management person to plan how to move, remove and donate the items in my dad's Assisted Living apartment. Although he's not discharged everyone is certain now that he will *not* return to this apartment. So it's time to move some things to his current room, move some things back to his house to help stage it for sale, and donate what I can. Also need to start cleaning/packing all the cabinets and the closet. I'm hoping the chest of drawers can go to his new room BUT there are many things that need to be removed. He had insisted on keeping a set of old client records, financial information etc. and this needs to be removed now. It will be a busy time but I may still have until sometime in November to finish everything.

I am sorry that I do not adequately explain myself when I write a post. I try, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I am estimating the cost basis on my dad's house/acreage because I will need to sell it. He has not lived in the property for 4 1/2 years so the ordinary IRS rules on sale of a primary residence will not apply so it's critical to get an adequate cost basis. IF he had purcchased the property with an existing residence on the property that would be the basis BUT they first purchased the farm, built a house and then had the acreage parceled off for tax purposes making cost basis more difficult. I am working with his accountant but I am responsible for finding and combining all the information.

I am wishing everyone health, happiness and all success in your journey. Being together makes it easier---thank goodness.

And Linda, I understand, I think, what you experienced. I hate looking in the mirror. I have lost weight but I have so much left to lose that it seem that I really haven't made that much progress. I'm hoping and praying to lose the rest but it will be a very long long road. BUT I don't want to do anything differently---I just want to go forward and as quickly as I can. :wink:

Be well, be safe. :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YEAH it's Friday!

Janehadji- just wondering how that "travel" conversation has gone with your hubby.

DeeDee- I agree it's amazing how expensive new faucets are. When we went to replace our several years ago we were sticker shocked:noway: but if you wanted the plain stuff it didn't cost much...but of course we didn't we wanted something a bit nicer.

Jane-that's one happy grandma in that picture:love:

Deb A- sorry that you have a hernia, but glad all the other tests came out okay:flowerforyou:

Michele- I'm sure that there isn't anyone else in our group that exercises as much as you and Barbie:drinker: The two of you are the example all of us desire to follow...and hopfully become:flowerforyou:

Barbie- so it sounds like it just took a bit of time to get that RV bug out of your system...:ohwell: maybe we will have to try it someday and see if that works for us too.

texasgal- I too love the romantic movies and books:love:

Lila- your bags of leaves just disappeared:noway: I'm sure it would have been wonderful if someone else had done the raking too. It's interesting that you said you were craving liver...I have been having that craving too. Of course hubby would have a melt down if I bought it and tried to feed it to him. I know it's high in iron and sometimes we crave things that our body needs...what do you think:huh: Could we be needing some extra iron? A problem with the way my Mom taught me to cook liver...cook a pound of bacon and one onion...dip the liver in flour and fry in the grease and onions & bacon...probably makes it less healthy but sure did taste good with all that bacon:blushing:

Linda- bras at VS, I love that store but it's so expensive I usually try to wait for a sale or for someone to give me gift cards:love:

Liz-have fun at the Halloween party, I'm sure for all of them it's so much fun to dress up:flowerforyou:

M- You and everyone else on the East Coast get yourself prepared...it sounds like that storm is going to be a duzzy:noway:

Cheryl- Congrats on the 1.2 loss, every little bit adds up:flowerforyou:

Lin-the task you have to do for the sale of your parents property sounds incredable...what a job:flowerforyou:

Hubby will be at work again tonight so I will have to see what I can do to get my motivation going to do some sort of work around the house. He has tomorrow off so we will do our weekly running around tomorrow. Tonight DIL#2 is having a Premier Jewelry show tonight, she's selling off inventory that is no longer offered and I'm going over to support her and see my grandsons:bigsmile:

Worked until after 6 last night, got caught up on one part still have several others to do but hoping that at some point I will be able to see my desk...I can hope:ohwell:

Wearing another sweater that I've only worn once before in 2010, there was a point where I had considered giving it away because it's so heavy but I've found with this weight loss that I really do need the heavier sweaters as I'm so cold most of the time...it's only 25 right now but they are saying we will be back in the 70's next week...I do so miss warm weather and winter is just getting started:sad:

Everyone have a good day, drink plenty of water, get in some form of exercise and don't forget to log your food:drinker:

As my bracelet says "Dreams become reality one choice at a time"....

Let's make our dreams come true:happy: Laura80111:smile:
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It snowed again last night in Denver, and everything looks clean and pretty. I have a scanning company here at the house this morning. My parents took all of their pictures on slides, and I've been meaning for years to have them scanned so that we can see my baby pictures, etc. Well, today is finally the day! They come to the house and do it in their van, labeling everything and putting it all onto a jump drive (I'm having an extra copy made for my brother for Christmas).

DeeDee -- I hope you enjoy your new faucet. Dripping can get on your nerves after a while!

Barbie -- I also have a pumpkin costume that I've used for years. I love that you're now the stem! :laugh:

Linda Sundance -- I seem to have a lot to say to you today. A) I know exactly what you mean about the mirrors! Most of the mirrors in my house only show me from the shoulders up. It's odd how our internal self-image doesn't match the mirror. I always would feel so much younger until I looked in the mirror and saw what I really looked like, then I'd get depressed. As a result, I had my eyelids done at 45, but I really don't think I want a face lift. We have far too much emphasis here on youth and slenderness to the point of unhealthy. B) Birkenstocks were popular when I was in college, but I couldn't afford them then. I'm jealous that you had a pair! I got my first ones about 10 years ago. Now that I have so many foot problems, I have about a dozen pairs in a variety of styles and colors. I get them on eBay, since I know my size and they are so much more affordable that way. C) Where did you live in the Middle East, and where did you visit? Why were you there? Did you get to Iran?
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have had a good week in comparison to my co-workers so YAY ME:happy: ! I have made it to the gym every day, thank goodness:bigsmile: . However, the steroids are making me really hungry:frown: . I kinda feel like a gremlin:huh: , lol. The toe is almost normal size, but still hurts like furry. I have been able to suck it up and work out all the same. No weight loss this week, but I’m not surprised since I had a very good loss last week.:laugh:

Goodlife1206- Welcome to the group.:flowerforyou:

Eileen- you and your family are in our prayers. I know how hard it was waiting for my husband to return home. There is no feeling like seeing them step off that plane safely.:heart::heart:

Amanda- I will keep you and your family on my prayer list.:heart:

DeeDee- the only time I have ever tried spaghetti squash was when my mother made it. I didn’t like it as a child and haven’t dared to try it as an adult. Refresh my memory, what does it taste like again?:frown:

JaneMartin- Happy Grandparent Day! So glad the little angel is here. Let the rocking begin. She is so absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kate- I think it is so wonderful that you can alter your clothes. I have been dropping through sizes like mad. The most aggravated I got was the morning I brought out my fall slacks for work and out of 18 pairs only 3 still fit (all were way too big, good but nothing to wear to work:grumble: ). I sold them all. After that my mother said she would try to alter some things for me so I don’t have to buy anything new until next spring.
    I can’t sew a lick even though my mother forced me to take 2 years of home ec in high school. Everytime the sewing machine senses me in the room the bobbin bunches up and the needle breaks…Yikes!:noway:

Laura08111- you do know what RV stands for right?....Ruins Vacations:noway: ….just kidding. Sounds nice.

Cheryl-YAY! For your loss on the scale.:flowerforyou:

JaneCanada- Happy to have you join our lively bunch.:flowerforyou:

M-So good to know I am not the only one that has a hubby that musses up his end of the sofa. I don’t know how that always happens. I thought after nearly 30 years I had trained him better than that. The applesauce sounds divine. My mom used to make it when I was a kid and I ate it on bread instead of apple butter. Sooo good.:happy:

Michele- could you come and landscape at my house next? It’s a really small yard. And the moles will have pre-dug everything for you, lol.:bigsmile:

Janehadji- I live 25 minutes away from my parents. I have a sister who lives with them ( and her 2 children). She takes care of the immediate things and I take them to doctor’s appointments and such so we split things up. We have another sister who rarely darkens their door. It seems like it always falls to just certain children. Anyway, I say you have to live it like you can look back on it.

DebA- Hope all your medical tests are good. I know you are happy to be done.

Barbiecat-I’m not sure if that is a compliment or not. I think you look fabulous and I am sure you made a very beautiful pumpkin.:bigsmile:

Texasgal22- I know what you mean. I get lost in the reading of posts everytime I get on this thread.

Sasha4427- What’s your secret? I have been having trouble getting to sleep lately. Once I get there I am out for the night but it takes me a long time to wind down.:yawn:

Kathy- Congrats on the loss.:flowerforyou:

Sundance- I love Costco, but I always spend more than I intend to while I am there. Good thing it’s a 2 hour drive away so I don’t go very often. I can relate to the knee problem. I am going to have to have both of mine replaced. I am like you. I need to lose the weight so recovery won’t be as bad. So I am going at the exercise full force as much as I can even when it hurts sometimes. I figure I can’t make it any worse. I have always been a full figured girl as well. May I say something here that is really none of my business but I think you need to hear it? :flowerforyou: STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO YOUR DAUGHTER OR ANYONE ELSE!! You are a beautiful woman. I see your picture. You have to be happy with yourself and love yourself NOW! You are doing so well. And like most women you have done your best at each time of your life. Don’t regret what has happened. Just go on now to transform again. Your daughter has a great role model in you. I’ll step down off my soapbox now…:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sorry if I missed anyone.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Jolene
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Laura80111 -- You and I seem to be posting at the same time every day. This is about the third day in a row that I've posted and "missed" you, as I see your post right above mine after I hit the reply button. I hope you find another great necklace set at the jewelry party. I'm talking to Behzad about the travel ideas. He thinks we have to wait a few years before doing anything major, as he thinks our son needs our influence here even if he isn't living at home. I put forth the "month at a time" idea, and he's considering whether or not he could leave his business for that period of time. Maybe! He's also okay with me making trips without him, but I'd need a travel partner as I don't think I'd enjoy it alone as much. Right now I'm looking at Mexico again in early December for a couple of weeks, as real estate slows to a crawl then.