Do you like your first name?

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I love my name (Lacey), and always have. I thinks it's perfect because it so the opposit of me. I'm about as far away from girlie as you can get.

Lacey is such a pretty name. I was going to name my son Lacey if he had been a girl.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    My name's Fran, or Frances if Im in trouble, or Frances Jane if Im in serious trouble!! Hated it as a kid, wanted something more common, but now Im happy with it. The only downfall is on the phone people will often say Sam or Pam or Ann or anything that rhymmes but isn't actually Fran!!!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela....hated it for half of my life but now I love it!
    ^^^
    Same here...

but with the greek version which sounds more like French, Angelique.

Aggeliki or Angeliki is a very popular female Greek name, deriving from the ancient Greek word “aggelos” which means messenger.
    In Modern Greek, though, the noun refers to “Angels”, and Greeks rarely use it with its initial meaning. The female name is also an adjective, meaning “angelic”.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My name is Betty and I've always loved my name. Even in print I think it is so pretty. :smile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Alia

I used to hate it when people pronounced it like the singer when I was younger, but now I'm ok with that lol
    What gets me is when people spell my name completely differently! It's only 4 letters -_-
  • lisalovesmark20
    lisalovesmark20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my names lisa i dont mind it but i always get called lee
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My first name is Cara, but my family from Day 1 always called me Carrie. Cara was what was on the school rosters and I went by Carrie until i was about 18 when my first boyfriend broke my heart and I said I never wanted another guy to call me Carrie. When I was young I found Cara to be too grown up but I love it now, I just wish people would stop spelling it with a K and thinking it's Sara, Clara, Tara, Lara, etc.

My middle name is Lynn which I loathe--not only is it a throw-away middle name, but my parents never noticed that when you say my first and middle name it sounds like Caroline with no middle name at all. Unless it's for something official, I usually tell people my middle name is Zorada (my great-great-grandmother's name).
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Mine's Suzanne....which I like more now than when I was younger, although I prefer to be called Sue.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My name's Emelie. I like it, but it's verrrry common around here. I do have a very unusual last name though, so I guess that makes up for it :)
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Yes! My given name is Jamie (not James). It actually makes for some good fun since it can either be a male or female name. My favorite is when I got a postcard from Victoria's Secret for some free panties, which promised to be the "most comfortable panties I've ever worn." That's an easy claim since I've never worn panties, LOL!
  • meredicar
    Options
    My name is Carole.I would have preferred Caroline.Always asking people to spell it with an 'e' I'm an October Carole,not a Christmas Carol..
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im Gemma, and I used to hate it. All my friends had really girly names and I always thought that my name sounded horrible. My parents were going to call me Robyn and I wish they had.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mine is Kristi and I LOVE it! I was always the only one growing up and even now it is not a popular name here. My only pet peeve is when people call me Kirsty grrrrrr.

xx

Ha, I'm 'kirsty' and I hate it and always have. In classes of 'Emilys' and 'Sarahs' it is just plain BAD! My friends shortern it to 'kirsts' or 'KG' which I prefer I think; easier to say, easier to hear and not so... horrible?
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine is TiAnna, hated it as a child would only answer to Tina, now I love it, it's different. Well I see a lot more of it now these days, usually with different spelling though
  • lissyloo1988
    lissyloo1988 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa and I love it! Although its really popular in the US, it's not THAT common here in the UK. Just don't call me Melanie.... or i'ma have to beat ya!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My name's Hannah, it's ok, I don't really know what to make of it, its just my name.

I want to call my children Nina, Clodagh and Bridie. I love those names for girls and have an irish background so love the irish names.
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    other than occasionally being called va-Gina, yes. I love it.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Danielle was very unusual, even in a community with a lot of French Canadians, it was difficult when I was a kid, teased and called "Daniel Boone" for a long time. LOL

As soon as I had started working in the real world I began to understand that a unique feminine name was a good thing and I have loved it ever since.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I love my name.

My name was supposed to be Jennifer. My mom picked that out. But, when I was born, my dad wanted me to be named Amy. He chose the name from Little Women. Amy was the youngest of the March girls. Now, as it turns out, I'm more like Jo than Amy, but I do have a creative side....

The most intriguing name I have ever heard and spelled (had to write it down) was La-a. One of my boys had a girl named La-a in one of their classes. The substitute teacher called the role one day and pronounced it "La A". The girl stood up and said, "My name is Ladasha. You pronounce the dash." How about that name???
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Hi all! The Queen is my namesake - Elizabeth!! Which, to be honest I dont like as i think it is a very old fashioned name - so since I can remember i've always had it shortened to Ellie which I much prefer!! If someone calls me Elizabeth it makes me feel like i'm in trouble *remembers being told off at school by the teachers* lol x