Do you like your first name?

Options

Replies

• sassydebbie67
    Options
    My name is Deborah but go by Debbie.........I Hate it with a passion! When ever i'm in trouble i get called Deborah.......... As for Debbie i get Debbies Does.............. , I get called Little Debbie Snack Cake and so on................My name gets me in trouble all the time....
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

The most intriguing name I have ever heard and spelled (had to write it down) was La-a. One of my boys had a girl named La-a in one of their classes. The substitute teacher called the role one day and pronounced it "La A". The girl stood up and said, "My name is Ladasha. You pronounce the dash." How about that name???

I thought that was just an urban legend...
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My name is Bernadette. I have never liked it. :(
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No. Never understood why my dad came up with the name Herbert. Growing up in a black neighborhood, I was tease a lot but it made me a stronger person. Now that I am a King, Herbert seems to fit my personality because I like being different.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My name is Bernadette. I have never liked it. :(

But you share your name with Bernadette Peters, one of the most talented women alive!!! You should be honored!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My name is Tabatha. I don't care for the spelling. Most people say Ta-Bath-A. It's said the same way that you would if it were spelled w/ an I. I also get the "oh. like the witch in Bewitched." I don't know if it;s true or not. My mom died when I was eight, so I never asked her.

With friends and some family I go by Tabby. Much happier that way.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    My name is Rhonnda and no, I don't like my first name. I never have, mind you, it beats the heck out of my second name which is Jean.

It's not so much that it's a bad name, it's just that it's never felt as if it fits me, and the double 'N' is just a pain because I'm forever being asked if the spelling is correct. I've always wanted something 'normal' that people could spell without thought, though I've never run across a name that felt right either.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I have no issues with being named Dominick.............or Dom for short. :happy:
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No, It's Sarra and people never say it right Saaaara, they call me Sarah, Zara or when corrected they tell me that I "Should" be Sarah.. Really?

Wish it was something a little more straight-forward :/
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Valerie. I hated it as a child but now I love it as an adult. The only thing I really don't like about it, is it's really hard to find personalized things with a Valerie on it. It usually going "Vanessa, Victoria, Whitney." Really? Whitney is MORE common than Valerie? But it means strong and I think that suits me.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine is Cassie. Not Cassandra, just Cassie. I HATE IT.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    mine is Christine Nicole. I've never gone by Christine though, and I've always gone by Nickie.

That being said, I think Christine Nicole is a beautiful name, but I would feel weird being called Christine (and my brother is Chris so yeah none of that!)

I sometimes wish that I had a less common name that I went by or that people who see my name could write it properly. I absolutely hate it when people write Nikki or Niki when MY name is right in front of them... like seriously...it isn't that hard. :(
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I do love mine, its Leah ( lee-ah) and Ive always liked except in reference to the story in the bible... if anyones knows it, Leah was the plain jane unwanted wife of Jacob... always hated that story, lol
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I always loved my name, sometimes people get confused as to how to spell or pronounce Fiora, but who cares.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I go by my middle name which I love...Bernadette.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    My first name is Marie Lynn. Yes that's right two words, one name and to boot I have no middle name. It's not that I really dislike it but it's often a lot for people to understand. I think my parents were hoping I would be some kind of southern bell(two names are pretty big in the south I guess) even though I'm from Michigan...
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My first name is Tony and I'm cool with that, hate my middle name (no you are not getting that!) :noway:
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love my name. Marlon. It's not very common... :-)
  • courthulien09
    courthulien09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Courtney. Idk. I have never thought about it. It has never bothered me lol. Its just who I am I suppose. When I was a kid, I hated being called anything other than Courtney
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Stephanie- I'm glad my parents gave me a normal name... None of the "Ajiclshi" pronounced Katie business. (I've seen a name or two like that, not that particular name, but similar) It was just common enough, but there weren't 15 in my class. Actually, I was the only one in my class in school. People seem to have a hard time spelling it, though... :grumble: I go by Steph usually, and to a VERY select few, Stephie.