No More Excuses - Week 10

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the this group of people. I am a very determined person and i am try to get skinny for the summer. I've been dieting and working out since november. I was all the way up to 230 pounds. As of the 1st of january i was 194 pounds. My weigh ins are on thursdays. As of today, i am at 190.5 pounds. This was not a good weight loss week for me and i was disapointed but i gotta keep going no matter what. Last week i lost 3 pounds so i'm assuming my body is adjusting. I have high hopes for next thursday. NO MORE EXCUSES

SARINA

Welcome Sarina. Just jump right in. We try to do a weekly challenge. This week was to burn 3500 cals working out, which I have come to find out is harder than it sounds! Someone usually gives a new challenge on Sunday or Monday for the next week. I will also send you a friend request.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Friday all...I have been down another 1.5 pounds most of this week and I am going to count it. If I gain it back then I will change my ticker again. Today is supposed to be my day off but I messed around this week and came up short on my hours, so today is now a 7-hour typing day. Oh well. Today I'm moving to level 2 of 30-Day Shred so I expect to be terribly sore this weekend. Hope you all have a great day.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Had another WIN today. I was a 40 inch waist when we started. (and they were getting tight)

The other day I had my wife pick up a pair of size 38 jeans at Kohls so I could wear jeans that fit to work on Fridays. I tried them on the other day and they were too big, so I had her exchange them for a size 36, she brought them home tonight, I tried them on and they were too big.

She wants to buy all kinds of new pants and jeans for me, but I figure I still have about 20 pounds to lose and why waste the money. The good news is all my shirts should fit for the foreseeable future. They will just fit a whole lot better.

CONGRATS JACK!!!! That is awesome!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I would like to join the this group of people. I am a very determined person and i am try to get skinny for the summer. I've been dieting and working out since november. I was all the way up to 230 pounds. As of the 1st of january i was 194 pounds. My weigh ins are on thursdays. As of today, i am at 190.5 pounds. This was not a good weight loss week for me and i was disapointed but i gotta keep going no matter what. Last week i lost 3 pounds so i'm assuming my body is adjusting. I have high hopes for next thursday. NO MORE EXCUSES

SARINA

Welcome!!! Nice job on your weight loss so far. We are all very supportive of each other here and I think you will enjoy our group.!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Friday Morning all!!! YEAH!!! I am ready for the week-end.

Amanda; I am so glad your doctor is honest with you and is trying to find the answers you need! Still praying. Maybe you should have him check out your ankle!!! You may have a fracture of some kind. Take it easy on yourself!

Tammy; Actually I did a little twist on your recipe last night. I made a Shephards pie with chicken instead!!! :) I used the chicken, and corn, and then smothered in the can of chedder cheese soup, covered with mashed potatoes (probably too many starches) and then topped with just a bit of cheddar cheese. It was a hit!

I am so glad we are getting others to join our group. And that the rest of us are sticking to it!!! ;)

Made it to curves last night but didn't do anything on the wii. Will do more of the wii this week-end I hope. My 1200 calories on the Curves diet is going well. They don't encourage you to eat your excercise calories so that is proving to be interesting!!! Hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Hope everyone is off to a great day, and may all of us make healthy choices!!!!:drinker:

Ann
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well I started my personal goal this week of burning 3500/week. I did Bob's BL Boot Camp level 2 today and burnt 549 cals. So yea me for going over goal.

Going to be a rough weekend. Going over to friends tonight for beer/pizza, will prob play some wii so will burn a bit there. And then tom, we are going out ice fishing, so again will not be eating good, and will prob consume some more beer.

But Sunday is a new start and will get back on track then.

Man my arms feel like jello right now, bob kicked my butt.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, might not be on computer much now till Sunday.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not a good day for me, was hungry all day for some reason. Over 400 calories over, and thats after a 650 calorie workout.

I have burned 3459 calories so far this week, and I could gain weight. I am going to try to flush out all this sodium tomorrow before I weight on Sunday, but Amanda was right, I have not been a very good eater this week.

Good news is I am full now.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Not a good day for me, was hungry all day for some reason. Over 400 calories over, and thats after a 650 calorie workout.

I have burned 3459 calories so far this week, and I could gain weight. I am going to try to flush out all this sodium tomorrow before I weight on Sunday, but Amanda was right, I have not been a very good eater this week.

Good news is I am full now.

Well, that is a plus. I have been starving this week too. I heard the strangest noise today, it was my stomach growling. I used to feed it so fast it didn't have time to growl. Tomorrow is my worst day of the week. I don't have to type and have all day to feed my face. Hopefully I can roll myself to the gym.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Howdy all!!! Well I went over about 50 calories today. However that doesn't include my curves work out, so I guess I would be under if I added that in.

Boy do I have the slugs tonight. I just don't really want to do anything.....so consiquently I am sitting here on the couch listening to our high school basketball game on the radio and playing on the computer. Need to get up and clean up the dinner mess so will do that and then probably come back and listen to the rest of the game. Even though we had one graduate and the youngest won't be in HS sports till next year, it is hard to stay away from it. You get attached to some of the kids and have to continue to follow them. Right now it is half and we are behind by 3 pts. Will see!!!!!

Did the grocery run after work tonight. Even got the dh to go with me.....

Everyone have a great evening!!!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Saturday all...I have a birthday party today for my son's friend and then a family dinner tonight. In anticipation of all the extra cals, I am off to the gym now. Going to try my new HRM and see if it is close to the treadmill's numbers. Will let you know. Have a great day!
  • justjack51
    Options
    Hi all, ended up doing a lite run today of 1 mile. Got into it, and my shin splints started barking, so I pulled the plug. Unlike Yesterday, I was good on food and not hungry all day. I burned 227 calories which gives me a total of 3671 this week.

Making my famous Chili again tomorrow, and then I am going to smoke Jerky and Spare Ribs on the Grill Monday since I have the day off. (Spare Ribs for the kids, not the parents) Hope everyone is finishing the week strong. As of this morning, I was still above my weight at the beginning of the week, but I am hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. I keep telling myself I am gaining muscle mass this week.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Evening all...My HRM didn't count cals except when I was walking so it is going back to the store. Hope I kept that receipt!! I only burned about 2600 cals this week exercising. I will try again next week. Fixed cranberry meatballs tonight, sweet potato casserole and crock pot mac and cheese. I counted out my cals before and stuck with the amount of food I was supposed to eat so still finished the day under goal. Now if only I can get to bed without eating again!! Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Saturday evening everyone! Well my mom and I spent the day in Pueblo and had a wonderful shopping day. Hit a couple of used stores and found some great deals. Also picked up the needed items for her 5th wheel trailer that she lives in. She is 85 (almost) and lives in her 5th wheel here in town at a trailer park. It is just the perfect size for her and her dog!!! I feel guilty about her living in a trailer but she loves it and she is happy so that is what is importantant.

She was so good at lunch time I asked her what she felt like and she said let's go somewhere where you can have your salad or whatever you need. (NO FAST FOOD!!!!) YEAH!!! We went to Country Buffet. I love that place and discovered they even have frozen yogurt! I had a wee bit!!!

What a wonderful day. Came home to a great family (well part of them anyway.....the college kid was off at the game or something))) :) He will be home soon I hope! Worked out on the wii and am now watching the Colts kick booty out of the Ravens. I am a big football fan if you haven't been able to pick that up!

Guess I will go watch the rest of the day and say my prayers for a good weigh in in the morning! See ya then!!!!

Ann
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For the challenge this week. According to spark people i have burned 3665 calories. I run on my elliptical everyday and do biggest loser workout dvds.
  • justjack51
    Options
    For the challenge this week. According to spark people i have burned 3665 calories. I run on my elliptical everyday and do biggest loser workout dvds.

This group started losing weight in early November as well, and you are WAY ahead of the game.

I started at the same weight as you, and I have been at it working out pretty hard 5 days a week, and you have lost over 15 pounds more than I have. What is your secret?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Sunday morning...Hope today finds you all well. I am down to 173 this morning, which is a total of 16 pounds from early November. I lost a few pounds before I joined MFP so I wasn't sure whether or not to count them on my ticker and then didn't, but anyway they are gone!! Off to do a quick shred DVD and then to church if I get my butt in gear! Have a wonderful day:smile:
  • tigermom79
    Options

Nice job!!!! Congrats on hitting the 3500~~~
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! YIPEEEEEE!!!! I lost a pound! I am down to 163. Will do a little wii today and watch some more football. Sometime I have got to get in some house cleaning as well. Being gone yesterday kind of put me behind. It was worth it. Going to try and plan meals out for the week so I don't get up in the mornings and fight with what I am going to eat!!!!

Everyone have a great Sunday!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Evening all...My HRM didn't count cals except when I was walking so it is going back to the store. Hope I kept that receipt!! I only burned about 2600 cals this week exercising. I will try again next week. Fixed cranberry meatballs tonight, sweet potato casserole and crock pot mac and cheese. I counted out my cals before and stuck with the amount of food I was supposed to eat so still finished the day under goal. Now if only I can get to bed without eating again!! Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow!

That is to bad. I know with mine you have to take your HR lots to get a good cal read out. Every time you feel HR change. I tried it out the one day and just had the exercise timer going, but didn't take my HR and it never calculated anything. So that first HR taking as soon as you start the timer is important.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good Sunday morning...Hope today finds you all well. I am down to 173 this morning, which is a total of 16 pounds from early November. I lost a few pounds before I joined MFP so I wasn't sure whether or not to count them on my ticker and then didn't, but anyway they are gone!! Off to do a quick shred DVD and then to church if I get my butt in gear! Have a wonderful day:smile:

Congrats, that is alot of weight.