Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    52g Kashi GoLean cereal (140 calories)
    1/2 cup 1% milk (55 calories)
    1/2 medium banana (53)
    Coffee with half & half (42 calories)

290 calories total, lots of protein & fiber to keep you full for at least 4 hours.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1) a low fat wheat english muffin with crunchy peanut butter and a glass of milk.
    2) plain greek yogurt with granola and honey
    3) 2 egg omelet with some diced ham, onion and a small sprinkling of grated cheese
    4) bowl of fruity cheerios with about 10 blueberry flavored frosted mini-wheats tossed in, and non-fat milk
    5) 1 serving oatmeal with Tbs brown sugar and an egg on the side (if you like fried, use Pam cooking spray and not butter or oil)
    6) a thick slice of hearty whole grain toast with jam and a four slices of bacon
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    copied this from my recipes; it makes 2 servings 133 per person. also one slice of natures own 9 grain bread (40cal) and 1 TBSP planters PB= breakfast total 303 and i'm stuffed!!

Grade A White Large Egg, 2 Egg 140 0 10 12
    Egg white, 4 egg 64 0 0 14
    Generic - Mixed Bell Peppers 28 g (1 oz), 84 g 18 4 0 1
    Generic - Onion, Red, Raw 3 oz (85g), 2 oz (85g) 21 4 0 1
    Fresh/Raw - White Button Mushrooms, 3.5 ounce 22 3 0 3
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 265 11 10 31
    Per Serving: 133 6 5 16
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/fruit and nuts
    Toast with peanut butter
    WW Waffles with whatever spread you enjoy
    Eggs in a basket
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    This was mine this morning:

Crowley - Nonfat Pineapple Cottage Cheese, 3/8 cup (3/4 of a serving)
    Generic - Skippy Super Chunk, 1 Tbsp
    Thomas - Light Hearty Multigrain English Muffins, 0.5 muffins
    Wegmans - 2% Reduced Fat Milk, 1/2 cup

Cals: 270
    Carbs: 30 g
    Fat: 12 g
    Protein: 20 g
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been loving overnight/refrigerator oatmeal, I make a different variation every morning, and am amazed at how long it keeps me full. Most of the recipes come in under or around 300 calories.

Here's a link to a bunch of recipes: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

This morning, I did the usual 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 cup almond mile and 1 1/2 tsp chia seeds and added 1 T of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter from the Peanut Butter & Co (this stuff is DEADLY!) and a half a banana. Delicious!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I had this for breakfast.

Toasted Ezekiel bread, hunk of avocado spread over the bread, splashes of sriracha (then I spread it out) two soft sunny side up eggs on top.

Delicious! Super easy. Ezekiel = 70 cals, avocado = 50ish, sriracha = 5ish, 2 eggs = 140ish.
  • Arunakae
    Options
    3/4 cups KashiGoLean crunch cereal
    1 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I shop at Costco, so I have Kirkland)
    and no calorie sweetener

This is 320 calories and is super yummy and filling :)
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a diet blueberry muffin I make (53calories), I pk of original oats, with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 6 whole almonds. with a cup of decaf coffee. Total 296 calories and it holds me till lunch. Hope that helps
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later....I am busy right now. wanna get back to you hun!!!
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ckuta410
    ckuta410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a hearty oatmeal -- cook 1/2 cup old fashioned oats with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/4 cup water for 3 minutes. Top with fresh or frozen berries (if large frozen berries like cherries or blackberries, you may want to pop it bk in the microwave for 30 more sec). Then I add 2 tbsp ground flaxseed for extra fiber and brain healthy omega-3's, 2 tsp cinammon, and 2 packets splenda with fiber. It's about 300 calories depending on how much fruit you add to it. You'll also get 9g protein and 14g of fiber!! Enjoy!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm an egg guy and have some version of eggs for breakfast 5 or 6 days a week. One of my favorites that I am actually eating right now is "Crab Eggs" and it may not sound great but it tastes awesome and for those that aren't big eaters it should keep you full. I also have a bowl of high fiber instant oatmeal with it but obviously to keep calories under 300 you only get the crab eggs.

1/2 serving of imitation crab flakes
    3 large eggs (
    1 oz shredded 2% co-jack cheese
    1-2 oz skim milk

Spray a small pan and add broken up flakes of crab (want to do this so you have some crab in every bite) and put on medium heat or just a little lower than that.
    Scramble the eggs in a bowl and add the skim milk.
    When the crab starts to heat up, turn it a few times just to get it warm. You don't want to over cook it or it loses it's taste.
    Add the beaten eggs and when the eggs are almost all the way cooked you add the cheese and turn the eggs over it kind of like an omelet so the cheese melts quickly.

You will love it. Calories are right at 300 calories depending how much crab meat, milk and cheese you use. Lots of protein too.
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, but I've recently found Oatbran, which when heated is like cream of wheat (yum!). Either of those with 1/2 scoop of protein powder mixed in is really good. Especially if you get some of the dessert flavored protein powders (for example I have banana nut bread). So I make banana nut bread oatbran in the morning and it keeps me full for a while :happy:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ham and Egg Baskets They are around 150 Calories each (I find one to be pretty good, but you can have 2 for 300 cals).

Spray a muffin tin, put in a ham slice, then diced veggies (I use red/green pepper and mushrooms), pour in a beat egg, sprinkle a little cheese. bake for 15 minutes at 350. Breakfast for the week! Nuke it for 15-30 seconds in the morning and you are good to go! They have 13g of protein to keep you going.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!
    This is my breakfast tomorrow:
    Craisin Overnight Oats
    1/4 C rolled oats
    1/4 C almond milk
    1/4 C greek yogurt
    1 TBSP craisins
    1 TBSP pumpkin seeds
    1/2 TBSP chia seeds
    1/2 TBSP hemp hearts

266 cal, 38 carbs, 7 fibre, 16 protein, 14 sugar, 12 fat

(would be no sugar if the craisins were omitted but I wanted 'em!)
    Oh YUM!
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled medium eggs, 2oz smoked salmon on 1 slice 7 grain toast = 341cals, 18gm fat, 29gm protein
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 tablespoon ground flax, 1 large banana = 342 calories
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    rt2vwn.png
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    1 Large egg (70 cal)
    1 Slice Toast (50 cal)
    .5 Tbsp Jelly (25 cal)
    2 Slices of Bacon (80 cal)
    1 small banana (95 cal)