300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bebbabee
    bebbabee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's What I would suggest:

For breakfast, you can make an egg n cheese sandwich.
    English Muffin (130-150 cal)
    2 lg Egg Whites (~20 cal)
    Cheese of your choosing (give or take 50 cal., or omit!)
    Total: about 200-220 calories + about 15 g protein

I find this pretty filling, BUT if I'm still hungry, I eat an apple as a morning snack.
    Calories would depend on the apple of course, but you'd still be under or right on 300 cal.

Hope this helps!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1/4 c muesli mixed with 4 oz Activia light yogurt or a lite english muffin with a poached egg and turkey bacon.
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Quaker - Oats So Simple With 180ml of Semi Skimmed Milk with half a banana and a squeeze of honey......pretty filling and so tasty - also nice for the cold weather!! x
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    porridge made with REAL milk (oh, such fond memories of milk with cream floating on the top)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine getting full on 300 calories. I usually do 400-500 for breakfast, baked oatmeal with peanut butter and hemp protein powder. Yum!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    The more protein and fat in the meal, the more filling it is.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    fruit and yogurt smoothie with a raw egg blended in. Delicious and filling
  • manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahR777
    Options
    Porridge made with water with nuts and dried fruit
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    whole wheat toast
    cereal
    1/2 c. 0% milk
    yogurt
    low fat waffle
    sugar free syrup
    eggs
    grapes
    apples
    bananas
    oranges
    ..... that's basically all I eat for breakfast on most days... of course not all together lol, mix and match how you would like :)
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A green smoothie...
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    STEEL CUT OATS!! It really is a great breakfast and very filling :)
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My favorite:

saute fresh mushrooms and peppers (red , green, whatever your pleasure) in a pat of butter and a sprinkle of worchestersire sauce.

Scramble them in with 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg and a small amount of shreded cheese.

VERY filling, and the protien will help you throughout the day.

I just bought a tupperware omlett maker and now make it with that into an omlet 3.5 minutes on 1/2 power -- awesome! I can hardly finish it- and I am a big eater!

About 250 calories depending on how much cheese, and if you add milk or water to the eggs. Mine is 245 with milk.
  • mamason530
    Options
    Old Fashion Oatmeal. I cook it with 1 c Frozen blueberries. Whole grains help you feel fuller longer.
  • WeatherGirl88
    WeatherGirl88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm good at these-- I get so full that I don't eat enough, lol. xD

Anyways, here's what I do:

One piece of whole grain bread, toasted, with a tiny bit of margerine spread on it , and over that, about a tablespoon of peanut butter. Spread it all on and eat it when the toast is hot! Then it's all melty and delicious! (bread is 100 cals, margerine about 15 cals, peanut butter is 80 cals) = 195 cals.

With that I eat a cup and a half of was-frozen-but-I-boiled-it broccoli (like 30 cals.) and a small banana (80 cals). I top it all off with black tea that I add a splash of skim milk to. (10 cals) =120

That all comes out to a total of 315 cals, and it's so delicious and keeps me really full! You can sub in any other vegetable or fruit... they're all good. I've just found broccoli to be really filling, same with bananas. Spinach is amazing, too. Boiled. Then you get more of it. But it's just so darned awesome; it's got tons of protein, tons of calcium and all of that other leafy green veggie stuff.

Cottage cheese is phenomenal, too. I eat it with strawberries or grapes sliced on top! Filling, creamy, sweet... it's so good!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with strawberries, or raisins and nuts and some brown sugar.
    If you like eggs, scrambles eggs with salsa on two whole wheat tortillas. Add veggies for a more filling bkfst.

use milk rather than water in oatmeal the extra protein helps it last longer
  • krhea31
    krhea31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I always have a two egg omelet with jalepno cheese. On the side I have salsa and a turkey breakfast sausage. I am always full until lunch time.
  • goofylove89
    goofylove89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl has a lot of filling breakfast recipes