The number one reason I wont date someone

Options
Moofey2
Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
They are skinner than me... I hate that for me. I don't mind if other people do this at all but, for me. I cannot stand it. I have done it before and hated it. Am I alone here? What are some of the things that turn you away from dating people?

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    They are skinner than me... I hate that for me. I don't mind if other people do this at all but, for me. I cannot stand it. I have done it before and hated it. Am I alone here? What are some of the things that turn you away from dating people?
    You're not alone. My wife absolutely refused to let me start our diet until her weight was at least 5 pounds less than mine.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    I wont date someone that is 2 out of the 3.

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

One is fine but my ego can't handle two.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

gosh those 3 are how i likey my men ;)
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

gosh those 3 are how i likey my men ;)

Me too!!
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    Shorter than me...that includes when I am wearing high heels... it just doesnt seem right to me and makes me feel awkward.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    my number 1 reason i won't date someone is - if they aren't my wife.

Anyway, when I was dating years ago - i dated all types. Taller, bigger, smaller, shorter, small chested, large chested, smarter, um... not smarter. I didn't have any "rules" other than "do I find this person attractive." If the answer was yes, then I took a shot.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My ex had like 5 percent body fat and a thin and trim body with nice arms and a kind of natural six pack and he ate everything and never worked out.
    But then I found out he was doing cocaine so that explains that.
    But still. I was smaller than him in frame but he had no body fat & small legs so I used to feel fat around him.
  • dalana84
    dalana84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Who:

Doesn't work by choice/lacks work ethic
    Has lost their license or just won't get it
    Doesn't have a bank account

Those are my absolute no's that I've added to the list from my own immature stupid choices in guys. Two of them had these exact same things in common, sadly I didn't learn the 1st time but luckily never had to have a 3rd times a charm :indifferent:
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    number one reason for me is they are constantly b*tching about everything, nothing makes you less attractive than a horrible attitude towards everything and everyone, especially toward me, if i wanted to hear someone complain about everything constantly i would get a job at mcdonalds as a cashier/order taker :laugh:

also on another note for all you women that might be responding to this thread with what the OP said what exactly do you classify as "skinnier than you" is it actual weight? looks? body fat? cause i know in my case i have lost alot of my body fat (which was most of my weight) and eventually will be around 200lbs again but i'm getting there slowly to keep my body fat % low while gaining muscle, but once i do get there i will still be somewhere around 10% body fat. so what is it that you think is "skinnier than you?"
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If she smokes...that's a no go. Don't care if she looks like Beyonce'. There's nothing sexy about kissing an ashtray.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm married, but back when I was on the market, it was:

1: You must have overall good oral hygiene. Brown teeth, missing teeth, or dragon's breath would automatically disqualify you.\
    2: You must have a job and, if not, searching for one or going to college.
    3: Have to be taller than me. I dated someone shorter before and it drove me nuts.
    4: No drugs and no smoking. Occasional alcohol okay, but I'm not into people who like getting fall down drunk.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Smoking is my #1
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Shorter than me...that includes when I am wearing high heels... it just doesnt seem right to me and makes me feel awkward.

this was the one rule that the ladies had that ever eliminated me from their selection.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bad breath
    Shorter than me
    Dirty sneakers
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Things that turn me away are lack of intelligence. oh and not being single is a major turn off haha
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    My Morals, I 'm Married.

When single I would date just about anyone, at least long enough to see if I thought we would hit it off.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My number reason i wouldn't date someone is if they have no job or not trying to make something out of themselves.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t date someone who was:

Stupid
    A walking stereotype
    Obese
    Boring
    Lazy
    Emo/Whiny
    Not kind to animals
    Abusive to women or children
    Or lacked a sense of humor
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    43 and happily married but, when I was single.....

High School: dated anything that moved slow enough for me to catch
    College: Eliminated Blondes...long story
    After College: married a "Kim" divorced a Kim...then dated another Kim and found out what a lying piece of...ok, getting off subject....sooooo, I eliminated Kim's from the list.
    Then...no drug related addictions.....Found my current who is almost 10 yrs younger than me so, I was able to train her a little. :laugh:
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options

this was the one rule that the ladies had that ever eliminated me from their selection.

I have never understood why it makes me feel that way, just does...its not that I deliberately set my attraction node to taller it just is...There is someone for everyone my sister, who is taller than me, prefers short men. Probably a good job and she is nearly 6'