The number one reason I wont date someone

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    lack of intelligence and smoking would be two no nos for me...

Also, someone who was not into a healthy lifestyle/working out would probably not be a good fit..
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my number 1 reason i won't date someone is - if they aren't my wife.

^ this
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    my number one reason is if they like nickelback.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Happily married for 26 years. I guess my criteria before this was obvious attraction but then personality. But, I think a lot of folks might do themselves some good and prevent future heartache by watching or re-watching the movie Shallow Hal. Inner qualities are what last and what will put you into a life long relationship.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Shorter and smaller than me. Yeah, the guy would be tiny if he was.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i wont be with anyone shorter than me but im 5'1" so you have to be pretty short to be shorter xD
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    They are skinner than me... I hate that for me. I don't mind if other people do this at all but, for me. I cannot stand it. I have done it before and hated it. Am I alone here? What are some of the things that turn you away from dating people?

And I was wondering how could I go on with my day without learning something about you today
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Teeth & Hygiene!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Two things...smoking...and obesity. Now you may think that is a bit hypocritical, but I lost my fiancee to heart disease due to obesity. I wont go through that again. And another reason I am losing weight myself.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone that is 2 out of the 3.

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

One is fine but my ego can't handle two.

that would be a trifecta of the worst kind.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    i wont be with anyone shorter than me but im 5'1" so you have to be pretty short to be shorter xD

Midgets are cute and so easy to carry around.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone that is 2 out of the 3.

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

One is fine but my ego can't handle two.

So you tend to date Short/Dummies ?
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    They are skinner than me... I hate that for me. I don't mind if other people do this at all but, for me. I cannot stand it. I have done it before and hated it. Am I alone here? What are some of the things that turn you away from dating people?

Completely agree. can't date someone thinner than me. Or almost my height. I have a 5'10'' high minimum haha.

ETA: Oh, and I'm 5'1'' 123 so it would be a SUPER small guy if he was small than me or almost my height... I just can't handle that. Need someone who can throw me around a little.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    If they are shorter than me and/or I can take them in a fight! These have always been
    a no-go for me.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone who doesn't get my obscure nerdy references. If they don't get those they will never actually understand majority of the things I say.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I would refuse to date anyone who's girlfriends/wives kept disappearing.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    my number 1 reason i won't date someone is - if they aren't my wife.

Anyway, when I was dating years ago - i dated all types. Taller, bigger, smaller, shorter, small chested, large chested, smarter, um... not smarter. I didn't have any "rules" other than "do I find this person attractive." If the answer was yes, then I took a shot.
    #

now that is a sensible comment.

Don't knock it until you try it people. There is a lot of superficial statements being said. I too have dated all types of people. Maybe only once but I try it.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I wont date anybody that even slightly resembles my ex...thin, blonde and two horns sticking out of her head to go with her forked tongue.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    My boyf was skinnier than me when we started dating (and I was skinny then!). It was definitely weird, but I sure was happy when he started gaining weight. :tongue:

I think it would be a case by case basis with me. When I was single, I pretty much dated anyone who asked, because I have a hard time saying no. :grumble:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm only 5'7 is probably one of the biggest self conscience things about me. So the girl has to be shorter. But every girl wants someone who's effin 7ft tall.

Need to be into the same things I'm into.

Be outgoing

Self motivated.

Have potential