Are men wired to cheat...?

Replies

• juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    You simply cannot though say it's only men.

I guess I worded this wrong..... didn't mean to single the ladies out :blushing: !
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    No more than women are wired to nag.
    /thread
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    jensen15.gif
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    All animals that have two sexes are 'wired' to cheat - females, who invest more heavily in each gamete, need to spread their risk of choosing a dud mate, and males, who have cheap and plentiful gametes, are driven to get them into as many females as possible.

So yes, men, being animals, are 'wired' to cheat, but so are females.

If you want to argue about how much control our social constructs as humans have over that wiring, that's a WHOLE different argument. Are we more that just our wiring? Most people think (and therefore act) so.

But at the pure 'wiring' level, speaking as basic biological drivers, that would be a yes.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    No. My husband of 13 years has never given me a reason to suspect him of cheating, even when we've gone through rough spots in our marriage. I've asked him before if he ever considered cheating during those times. He tells me "no", and I believe him.

I, on the other hand, was tempted to cheat when I wasn't getting the attention I wanted from my hubby and another guy was paying me attention. (I didn't cheat. I talked to hubby about it instead.) We both learned from this experience and used it to strengthen our marriage.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    i think 98% of men cheat...soo i understand this..or perhaps ive had bad experiences? idk lol
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    We are?
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Logicaly it makes sense for men to cheat more or to be more acceptable:

If a man cheats on a female but stays to raise the child the woman has not lost out i a evolutionary sense.

But if a woman cheats on a man he can't be sure its his off spring, so it would not make sense to invest his time in raising the child. Its not that simple since we are social animals so we can raise someone else's child for the greater good of the tribe.

This is why during our couple of million years of existance the world has been set up to stop woman from cheating. That is disapearing now but still exists.
    Both sides are equally whorish i would say.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    i think 98% of men cheat...soo i understand this..or perhaps ive had bad experiences? idk lol

I plead the fifth...
  • No more than women are wired to nag.

touche
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Are men wired to cheat...?

I don't know - let's take one apart and find out! :devil:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    just break up! oh, wait, sorry....wrong thread *walks out* \m/
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    read the Game of Thrones series.....it will give you perspective on both sides:) and entertain you every second.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405

I have this funny feeling you are only attracted to scummy men :laugh:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    just break up! oh, wait, sorry....wrong thread *walks out* \m/

Lol maybe not!
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220 Member
    Are you dating a married man? I cant see anyone cheating on you
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Lol this could be...im working on it tho :blushing:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    No.

People cheat.

The end.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    No and I say that because men AREN'T wired for monogamy.

So you can't be wired to cheat on a relationship that you're wired to not have.

Although, since we force monogamy upon ourselves, its effects are the same.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    mlfw4746-why.gif